Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 4th, 2018, 03:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

While there are a number of ways to address the concerns of the judges, this is not a workshop thread. Let's let the judges vote and speak. Once the voting is done workshopping can happen in the appropriate threads if necessary.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:37 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
While there are a number of ways to address the concerns of the judges, this is not a workshop thread. Let's let the judges vote and speak. Once the voting is done workshopping can happen in the appropriate threads if necessary.
Agreed, and my biggest issue is 3 Binders in an OM is able to move one figure 3 times potentially...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I've been silent on the shadows so far. The reason is my concerts have all be vented. However I want to stress something caps said: restraint. The drowning are not a teir 1 army and I woundnt expect the shadows to be either. Sure they may not dominate in tests but this is a canned army and as such should face a bit of an uphill battle.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 4th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I’ll pull the submission. I’ll work on a few things, but I’m also not going to change the faction so much that I try to please everyone’s whim or nerf them so much they can’t hold a candle to even a whole army of measly nagrubs or something. Truth is, a unit needs to be fun and operate in their realm of “expertise”. Sure they can pack a punch by ganging up on figures (especially heroes), but that’s a purposeful part of the design. The fact that they fall significantly easily to squadscapes armies is a pretty good indication they are already having an uphill battle. Heracles was designed specifically to kill big baddies, and I dare say he does it pretty darn well, occasionally throwing squaddies out of the way along his way to attack. Do his abilities scare the heck out of opponent’s, yes, but that is their purpose and he was designed with a specific vision. I still struggle to see the argument that I have designed this faction without restraint. That said, I’ll still change a few things before coming back, but im also trusting my own experience with these guys over simple theory.

Thanks again for all chiming in. I’ll be back...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 5th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Fwiw, Sir Heroscape, I really love the look of those shadows.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:04 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I’ll pull the submission. I’ll work on a few things, but I’m also not going to change the faction so much that I try to please everyone’s whim or nerf them so much they can’t hold a candle to even a whole army of measly nagrubs or something. Truth is, a unit needs to be fun and operate in their realm of “expertise”. Sure they can pack a punch by ganging up on figures (especially heroes), but that’s a purposeful part of the design. The fact that they fall significantly easily to squadscapes armies is a pretty good indication they are already having an uphill battle. Heracles was designed specifically to kill big baddies, and I dare say he does it pretty darn well, occasionally throwing squaddies out of the way along his way to attack. Do his abilities scare the heck out of opponent’s, yes, but that is their purpose and he was designed with a specific vision. I still struggle to see the argument that I have designed this faction without restraint. That said, I’ll still change a few things before coming back, but im also trusting my own experience with these guys over simple theory.

Thanks again for all chiming in. I’ll be back...
You are also attempting a daunting task, to pass 5 SOV figures all at the same time. Perhaps you need to let that sink in a little. What is the chances you hit on all 5 figures correctly? I think the odds are pretty slim.

Just to get a couple to pass would be nothing short of amazing.

Old December 5th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Passing a single unit is a daunting task. Passing five at once is more than five times as difficult, as the units not only need to stand on their own but need to stand together.

But I think these guys have a real chance of making it. @Sir Heroscape , I urge you to not get hung up on power level. Make the faction the way it should be. As long as it's not too powerful or too weak, it will make for a great addition to the game.
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Xundar and his Shadows have been removed by the submitter's request. We hope to see them back with some tweaks.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:04 AM

I second Scytale's thoughts there, you DO have something here and you should continue to work on it.

Old December 5th, 2018, 11:06 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My last parting comment for you: it is okay for a unit to be sometimes frustrating to play.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My last parting comment for you: it is okay for a unit to be sometimes frustrating to play.
And sometimes it is desirable for those masochist's who like a challange.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
And sometimes it is desirable for those masochist's who like a challange.
I believe that the Shadow army has actually lost most of the playtests Sir H has conducted. I've been busy this last week, so I haven't been posting much, but I've been watching this develop here. I'll throw in my thoughts briefly.
Xundar: I think he's fine how he is, but I also like the idea of getting rid of the special, and just allowing Shadow creation on normal attacks.
Wraith: My least favorite design. I think it's harmless, but also not very interesting, or exciting.
Binder: I think the stats are fine. This design however is the only one that doesn't have the theme of being boosted by other shadows. I think you should raise the grab roll to between 10 and 14, but allow adjacent shadows to lower that. I rolled a d20 60 times to get a good idea for the odds of a triple grab, and while possible, only happens once every 5 or so sets of 3 rolls. There were also sets of 3 rolls that all failed. The potential is there, but it's so low that I think the concern is an overestimation of it's frankly unreliable potential. The price could be bumped a bit. Moving things around is very useful when you get 2 other attacks that turn. Utility has it's value, which should be reflected in the price.
Hound: Looks good. Compares nicely to the Thralls at the same price point in a pseudo-squad.
Fiend: Fills in the SA role that would be otherwise missing. Looks like the most powerful in terms of attack power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs