Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old October 6th, 2006, 11:26 PM

Venom has disabled reputation
i can't wait

Old October 7th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wow! I've got Pressfield's book on a wish list at Amazon. Gonna have to pick that up. March is so far away.

Newb.
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Wow! I've got Pressfield's book on a wish list at Amazon. Gonna have to pick that up. March is so far away.

Newb.
I finished it a few days ago. It was an interesting read. Most of it actually involves a lot of the things that led up to the battle and the Spartan training, etc. There are not many characters from that book in the comic other than Xerxes and Leonidas. There are some that are equivalents, though.

The battles in the book are absolutely brutal. The comic book is mild by comparison. If they get a fraction of that stuff in the battles on-screen, getting that R rating will be challenging.

Here is a cool website that compares panels of the comic from the images in the film trailer:

http://www.solaceincinema.com/2006/1...en-comparison/

Great stuff!

Old October 17th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That's a great site and it's fantastic he is tyring to frame scenes exactly like to comic book. I hope it doesn't restrict him though (doubt that from the look of the trailers.) This looks like one of the movies to see in 2007.

Newb.
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
300 the movie...

This movie is so on my radar!!!! Anybody else think this just looks like it is going to absolutely rock?

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:31 PM

eldurand has disabled reputation
I do! I have not read Frank Miller's graphic novel, but the clips I have seen of the movie look awesome.

We had a thread on Thermopylae about a week ago, and I went out and bought "Gates of Fire," a novel about the battle - and it was terrific as well.

Edit: Found the other thread.
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'll let you merge this GB.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&highlight=300
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I loved 300! I can't wait to see this.
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yeah I read the GN shortly after I heard about the movie, and I can't wait to see it.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Dang! Friday I was at the mall seeing a 9:40 movie with my GF and we got there around 8 because she wanted to shop. She drug me through the crappy sections of B. Dalton and I snuck off to read 300. I was looking at it's amazing glory for all of 15 seconds when I hear "How did I know you'd be here?!" and back to the cook books it was. I want to buy it, but I haven't had the chance. It looked AMAZING from the whole 15 seconds I had to look at the book and the trailer was fantastic. I really liked Sin City and hopefull 300 will be as good if not better.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 8th, 2006, 07:05 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
the new trailer is out

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...tw=480&qth=300

itrocks more

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media