Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old October 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Auggies Games...now selling Heroscape singles and Squads

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
Quote:
Got my order today, very fast service!

One issue though you might want to think about. My cards were bent and one was slightly torn. Nothing major and I'm not upset.

However, you might want to use a box large enough to prevent the cards from being bent. That might raise shipping costs I understand, but its something to think about.
Alternatively... two pieces of cardboard taped together (to seal the cards in and protect them from being bent) can help to avoid issues with tearing and bending.
The problem was the box - it was too small for the cards to remain flat.
...But if the card board protected cards are at an angle in the box (bottom left to top right) then they will fit and have room for the figures, right?
They were in diagonally... and were still bent to fit the small box.

It's not a huge issue and they weren't bent beyond repair, just something a slightly bigger shipping box would fix.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
Quote:
Got my order today, very fast service!

One issue though you might want to think about. My cards were bent and one was slightly torn. Nothing major and I'm not upset.

However, you might want to use a box large enough to prevent the cards from being bent. That might raise shipping costs I understand, but its something to think about.
Alternatively... two pieces of cardboard taped together (to seal the cards in and protect them from being bent) can help to avoid issues with tearing and bending.
The problem was the box - it was too small for the cards to remain flat.
...But if the card board protected cards are at an angle in the box (bottom left to top right) then they will fit and have room for the figures, right?
They were in diagonally... and were still bent to fit the small box.

It's not a huge issue and they weren't bent beyond repair, just something a slightly bigger shipping box would fix.
Gotcha! Just trying to visualize and remedy.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, a box maybe one inch wider would most likely solve the problem. It's just a bit too small as is.

However, don't get me wrong. Great prices, fast shipping!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Yeah, a box maybe one inch wider would most likely solve the problem. It's just a bit too small as is.

Just curious, how much did you order? Someone ordering bigger pieces or just more pieces in general probably wouldn't have that problem.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I had ordered 3x Stingers and the cards were slightly bent (no creases or anything, just bent).
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:

Just curious, how much did you order? Someone ordering bigger pieces or just more pieces in general probably wouldn't have that problem.
2x Wolves of Badru and 1x Protectors of Ullar.

Old October 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
I had ordered 3x Stingers and the cards were slightly bent (no creases or anything, just bent).
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I guess those boxes would be pretty small. Somebody ordering like the trees or Nilfheims or whatever probably wouldn't have those problems.
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I guess those boxes would be pretty small. Somebody ordering like the trees or Nilfheims or whatever probably wouldn't have those problems.
Isn't that sort of obvious, as well as irrelevant to the issue these people had with their orders?

him: "Hey Heinz, I bought your ketchup and it stained my tongue red."

you: "That probably wouldn't happen to people who buy their mustard."

Or am I missing the point you're trying to make?

Good traders: Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74, Clipper423, Oh Freek,
Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112, itsbuzzi & more on my trade list
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:27 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, I'm looking into packaging options. The only concern I have with a bigger box is that means more space for the figure to move around in which means more likelyhood of damaged figures. Of course we will stick more packing protection in (bubble wrap) but that only goes so far and is quite costly.

Honestly though a large part of the problem with the bent cards is created durring the sorting process. There seems no easy way to bust the boosters (quickly and efficiently anyway) and they are sometimes getting bent. I completely shreded one card yesterday but at least it was for a figure I could use in my D&D game (I don't play heroscape...yet).

More of everything IS comming guys. It's just a matter of working out the correct amount of stock levels for both me and my wholesaler. I get the feeling before me they didn't do a whole lot of Heroscape sales (at least while there is not a new set out) and they never seem to be able to cover my orders (which are very small compared to my D&D minis and SW minis orders). Part of the issue is my Heroscape crowd is growing faster than antispated (a good thing but brings it's own problems) so I keep telling my wholesaler different things about what I generally need on hand. Because I am about the only one buying it from them they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of stuff that otherwise doesn't move for them so they are being cautious too.

Finally, I did preorder from them Wave 10 but at the time I hadn't posted here and so I didn't really have a feel for demand. I only ordered 10 cases . I tried to get more yesteday but my wholesaler has reached their allocation so no more for me until WotC restock, which is usually a couple of weeks. Bottom line, if your counting on me to get wave 10, dont. I want all ya'lls bussiness and I expect in time to be able to fill your various needs but this takes experience and understanding of the market which I am just now getting a hold on.

Last edited by Auggest; October 29th, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Honestly though a large part of the problem with the bent cards is created durring the sorting process. There seems no easy way to bust the boosters (quickly and efficiently anyway) and they are sometimes getting bent. I completely shreded one card yesterday but at least it was for a figure I could use in my D&D game (I don't play heroscape...yet).
I fully understand that. I have to go slowly and pull the sticky back of the box to prevent it from grabbing the card sleeve and bending it (I did that to my sniper and vipers pack I got recently). Other than slow and steady, there really isn't a simple way that I know of.

Quote:
More of everything IS comming guys. It's just a matter of working out the correct amount of stock levels for both me and my wholesaler.
Woot, this is fantastic because I love your site!
Quote:
Finally, I did preorder from them Wave 10 but at the time I hadn't posted here and so I didn't really have a feel for demand. I only ordered 10 cases . I tried to get more yesteday but my wholesaler has reached their allocation so no more for me until WotC restock, which is usually a couple of weeks. Bottom line, if your counting on me to get wave 10, dont. I want all ya'lls bussiness and I expect in time to be able to fill your various needs but this takes experience and understanding of the market which I am just not getting a hold on.
Thank you so very much for all your feedback, it's greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Part of the issue is my Heroscape crowd is growing faster than anticcipated.
This is the best news I've heard all month.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I received my stuff from Auggie's yesterday. I went to the site to look at the Heroscape stuff, but ended up buying a ton of Star Wars minis to use for Heroscape. Great prices on SW minis and cheap shipping, too. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales