Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!
Heroscape Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt

Halloween is coming up and I thought of a fun Heroscape tie-in. I have been focusing on the "Battle of all Time" theme and I love the diversity in Heroscape. A fun way to celebrate Heroscape and Halloween will be to spot Heroscapeish costumes. Heroscape is generic enough that we should be able to come up with a good checklist of Heroscape costumes we can expect to see.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, where each year Franklin st (Downtown) is blocked off and up to 100,000 people come to party. There are tons of costumes and this year I will be bringing my camera and taking pictures of Heroscape themed costumes. With the help of the board here, I will be making a list of HS costumes and doing a scavenger hunt for photos during the revelry. This seems like a fun way to celebrate on Halloween and enjoy HS at the same time.

With the help of the community, I will be composing a list here and bringing it with me when I go out.

So far I have:
Camo Soldiers (AE and Sgt Drake)
Revolutionary war soldiers (4th and 10th)
Elves, male and female (elf squads and heroes)
Futuristic agents, male and female - bonus points for ladies in white (Vydars agents)
Scots (MacDirks)
Werewolves (Anubians)
Snake men (Vipers)
Orcs (Gruts)
Ashigaru and Samurai and a Daimyo
Dwarves
Kyrie Warriors
Native American Braves
Vydar Soulborgs
Dragons, multiple colors
Roman Gladiators - bonus if one is wearing a wristwatch, he must be Spartacus
Gothic Vampires - no sappy twilight stuff (Von Esenweins)
Cowboys
Robotic dogs and rats (Deathstalkers and Reavers)
Deathwalkers
Trolls (Dumuteff Brunak G.Oni Tor-kul-na Krug)
Dund (Dress up your labrador)
Snow monkeys
Vikings (Try to get one with a lizard arm)
Giant spiders and other bugs
Gorillas - bonus points for cyber gorillas
T-Rex and Raptor (Grimnak and Tornak)
Skeletal aliens - we will see who can get the closest (Marro)
Ninjas, multiple colors
A Giant
Knights, Shiny and one dark
Roman Leigion
Shaolin Monks
Navy seals (Microcorps)
Saber tooth tigers (Swogs)
Lava men (Obsidians)
Blue and white robots (omnicrons)
Greeks
Ghosts - this should be like the free square in bingo
Medusa
Theracus
Wolves
Zombies - the more the better, it is a hoard
Old October 25th, 2009, 07:32 AM

Shadowking is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt

This'll be interesting if you are successful, photos of the costumes especially.
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:23 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Good luck getting some of those. I doubt you'll see any Revolutionary War soldiers or Kyrie. I wonder if, perhaps if more people would try this, they could compete for a high score...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My son last year was a Shade of Bleakwood

Old October 25th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Good luck getting some of those. I doubt you'll see any Revolutionary War soldiers or Kyrie. I wonder if, perhaps if more people would try this, they could compete for a high score...
There will be nearly 80,000 people on Franklin st this year. With everyone in costume you'll see just about anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

Did he Soul Devour anyone?
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

So who made this costume? Simple, creative, and accurate. Great job. Much easier than the cat costume I have to do this year. One of the downsides of living in Turkey, no costume stores.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
So who made this costume? Simple, creative, and accurate. Great job. Much easier than the cat costume I have to do this year. One of the downsides of living in Turkey, no costume stores.
Do they celebrate Halloween there?
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

I just got a kilt, so I could probably get a picture of myself as a McDirk warrior.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old October 27th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Do they celebrate Halloween there?
On Campus, yes, we're the biggest employer of Americans in Turkey. And most of the Turks have been abroad and like the silly holiday.

(By the way, US holidays ROCK! They're fun! I know, you think ALL holidays are like that. Not in Turkey. We're having their version of the 4th of July in a few days. Will there be fireworks? Parties? I wouldn't bet on it.)
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:

We actually bought it in a store...it came with a mask but since my son was going to a party and wanted to be able to eat and drink without having to take it on and off i just did the makeup for him.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Me as Drake. Photo taken in Iraq.

Home made Weapon.

This is my wife Lesley as Agent Skahen. Photo from last year.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!

Last edited by Rogue A$$asSIN; October 29th, 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: New photo's
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

I don't know... With the glasses you look more like Carr

Perfect match for the Agent

One year I'm really going to have to make an Assassins Creed costume, but this year I'm wearing my ghillie again

(could go as the Silver Surfer, but I hate body paint)

Click Above for My Sig Link

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion