Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Matt Helm's Customs 10/23 Batman + A3n art is up on othe

I think the vast majority of Batman cards on here are pretty close to each other at this point. The "spidey power breakdown" (my term for it) seems to be a fairly accepted way to approach the Dark Knight (nothing else feels as "right" to me, personally). What I mean by that is one movement power like Swing Line (Batline, Bat Grapple), one defensive power (these run the gamut, but usually are tweaks on Spidey-Sense), and one Nilfheim's Ice Shard inspired Batarang Special Attack.
GreyOwl's NM24 is probably the most notable example of a Batman card that doesn't follow this formula - but I haven't seen many others (all of mine included).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

And speaking of my NM24 Batman, I've been thinking about that one a lot lately. I kind of want to make a different version of Batman. I did that NM24 version intentionally to make it different from other ideas that were being tossed around, and also to prototype the peripheral card idea. But now I find myself wanting a more "standard" version as well, but I don't have any good ideas outside of copying cards like Matt Helm's, the TNT, or C3G ones, which is pointless because I could just as easily use one of those.

But I've been thinking along the lines of a Batman card that focuses on stealth and detective skills. Not quite sure how to pull it off, though.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Detective Skills are difficult to translate into the game ... Order Marker revealing powers seem to be the best fit for those, but those have limited appeal, IMO. Much better to rearrange or even remove OMs than just to see them.
If you wanted to go for stealth, you could give him something like Vanish (though at a higher roll, maybe call it "Into the Shadows") with Phantom Walk, and maybe to show his intellect a power like "Know Your Enemy" where: "If Batman attacks a figure he is engaged with at the beginning of his turn, you may add one die to his attack" or something like that.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I like your ideas! I was also thinking of a power where he couldn't get attacked by a squad figure if he was adjacent to only that one figure. Kind of like hiding out in the shadows behind the guy. I've been playing too much Batman: Arkham Asylum...

But I probably shouldn't hijack this thread any further, so if you have any more good ideas, bring them up in my thread.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

OK A3n, I reviewed your background choices and really liked #5 (the erie one with the moon and the Bat) the best.

I also agree that #1 was pretty cool and may work as well.

#3 and #4 would take some work if you can morph the contrast between the brightness of the figure and the backgrounds.

#2 with the rain is just not worth the trouble.

I'm excited for this guy. Are you OK with the latest changes to the text?
Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
OK A3n, I reviewed your background choices and really liked #5 (the erie one with the moon and the Bat) the best.
No problem. It wasn't my favourite but it did fit with Batman & that's why I included it.
Quote:
Just trying to make all that wording fit. It's going to be small text.

Cheers
Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
No problem. It wasn't my favourite but it did fit with Batman & that's why I included it.
Hey, if it's not your favorite, then let's come to a consensus on one of the others. When I said "best", it was just the one that struck me a hair more than some of the others. I'm willing to work with #1. Or that original background you sent on the ledge if the figure was moved down and to the right just a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Just trying to make all that wording fit. It's going to be small text.

Cheers
Sorry about that... have any other ideas for text changes? I don't want to break any records for squinting. Maybe even something as simple as rearranging the order could help.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Captain Underpants

If space is the problem, I'm OK with changing...

DARK KNIGHT ESCAPE
Before rolling defense dice, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, Batman takes no damage and may immediately move using his Grapple 3 Special Power.

to...

INTO THE SHADOWS
Before rolling defense dice, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, Batman takes no damage.

EDIT: the more I think about it, I really like "Shadows" better as it makes more thematic sense for Batman to be simply difficult to hit due to camouflage, dodging, cape shielding, etc rather than grappling away like Spidey on a web. In the middle of battle, pulling out a gun, aiming and firing a grapple seems a lot slower than slinging a web almost instinctually. Please go ahead and use the new option.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Captain Underpants

You know what, if Batman rolls a 16 or higher... he takes no damage... but who says he can't still roll defense dice for a Counter strike?

I think I like this better than I thought.

Updated Batman.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You know what, if Batman rolls a 16 or higher... he takes no damage... but who says he can't still roll defense dice for a Counter strike?

I think I like this better than I thought.

Updated Batman.
I get that "he takes no damage" doesn't mean he doesn't roll defense dice, but is it a big leap asking people to read into that, that he still rolls defense dice for Counter Strike effect? Dunno. Maybe just being inexperienced at the game that I struggled a little with that. Also the way CS is worded wouldn't any shield be excess when you don't take any damage?

BTW I love the new name better. I was going to suggest changing the last one.

Cheers
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Maybe Into the Shadows would work better being like the Microcorp's Stealth Armor where it only kicks in if he was going to take a wound? That way the counter strike inclusion won't get so murky.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
Captain Underpants

I like that Bats, you are a genius and I wish I could rep you. Change made...
Batman.

And more space saved!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations