Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 14th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS - new - HELLBOY

Now that Abe Sapien card is oozing with A3n goodness and I want to print him up immediately. In fact, I may draft him the next time I play simply because he looks so sweet...

... of course we will have to edit the species to ICTHYO SAPIEN as mac122 pointed out...

... but he really is one of the more attractive HelmAverse cards in my IMO. The background came out perfect with the right color scheme. The BPRD are in the house.

Thanks good buddy.
Old July 14th, 2011, 01:17 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Just as well I have to make that change anyway, because it appears that I forgot to turn the fog on.
Old July 14th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS - HELLBOY and ABE

HA! I didn't even notice... I'm getting so old.
Old July 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Matt, just wanted to say that I really enjoy your work!

Also, you may want to consider making a Spider-Man for the new FF.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old July 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm pretty sure the Helmverse doesn't do multiple versions of characters. He's the lunchbox kid. One character name, one card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Captain Underpants

Two months later and I still can't believe that IamBatman guessed my childhood nickname of "Lunchbox Kid". Of course it was because if you didn't hand over the contents of one said lunch box, I'd make you eat it all... tin box included.

No really, I wasn't the lunch box kid... I'm Captain Underpants!

It's been too long since I've been in here and I apologize if my disappearance has anyone scared that I may suddenly turn up standing right behind them with a cold metal barrel sticking into their spine. Life has been busy and I just haven;t gotten the time to post here (or even lurk much).

I did get a chance to play against the son this weekend but let him play a lopsided team and destroy me on a fairly flat map we created inspired by the flooding waters of Northeast. With the limited movement abilities, my team of Havok (see my other thread for those cards) figures was no match for my son's team of Mighty Thor, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange (he is so predictable in his drafting).

Nothing much to report as far as playtesting because the sides were so lopsided and the Supers he fielded are pretty seasoned in the HelmAverse with quite a bit of more serious playtesting behind them. But I can say that we had fun. He loved using his Shazam Special Attack to take out a Darkest Sun on every turn (after he his Capt Marvel had his 4 wounds) but I was finally happy to see them take him down with 2 out of 9 units left. I think I won the points battle on that one.

On the other side of the map, Mighty Thor was tearing up the 47th Line as they could barely scratch him thanks to bad dice rolling on my part. Kid luck gave him a perfect 4 skulls with his God of Thunder Special Attack when I finally got caught with a couple of figures adjacent to him.

But of course any chance I had went down the tubes when he finally got Doctor Strange involved and moved my Hengist (he was giving me a great initiative bonus) into a bad position engaged to Captain Marvel. It didn't go well fior me from that point on.

Moral of the story... hide the Dr. Strange card and figure before breaking out the game to play with my son.

More cards to come eventually, still have a few ideas under the cobwebs and dirty old undies.

Last edited by Matt Helm; September 19th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Just as well I have to make that change anyway, because it appears that I forgot to turn the fog on.
A belated thanks for the fog my friend, now how do I ask for a spell correction on ICHTYO SAPIEN ?

(No rush my friend, if your still willing to a wotrk a few cards for me, it can certainly wait until I get some others up here.)
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

I look forward to more cards here. I've always enjoyed the pure simplicity of these cards.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
A belated thanks for the fog my friend, now how do I ask for a spell correction on ICHTYO SAPIEN ?

(No rush my friend, if your still willing to a wotrk a few cards for me, it can certainly wait until I get some others up here.)
done.
Old October 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: The HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS

Where's my Swiffer? I've got to blow some dust off of here. So without my usual banter and nonsense, I'd like to share what I did with the old Steamwalkers Special attack... it now "sounds" better on this new card.

-------------------------------------------
BLACK CANARY

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
VIGILANTE
DAUNTLESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 6

RANGE: 1

ATTACK: 4

DEFENSE: 4

SONIC SCREAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: Special. Attack: 4.
Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Black Canary. All figures on those spaces and any figures adjacent to figures on those spaces, who are in line of sight, are affected by Black Canary’s Sonic Scream Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures that are not on the 4 chosen spaces may ignore one rolled skull. All affected figures roll defense dice separately. Black Canary may not use this special attack if she moved this turn and cannot be affected by her own Sonic Scream Special Attack.

SELF DEFENSE TRAINING
Before rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an opponent’s figure, count the number of times Black Canary has rolled defense dice this turn and add that many defense dice to Black Canary’s roll.

----------------------------------
So I promised the fifth figure in the "Heroes of the Golden Age" pack and here she is. Yeah I know that the Canary Cry is a power of the Silver Age version but I went with a more common take on a character that was originally created in the golden age.

I also know that here power is called Canary Cry but I went with a more generic term in case I wanted the same power for a potential Banshee (no plans at the moment) or Screaming Banshee (again no plans).

I'll try to eventually take a good photo of the mini and search for possible backgrounds. Other than that, I leave the magic to A3n.
Old October 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Looks good man. Hope to see you continue to add more designs here.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old October 21st, 2011, 11:44 AM

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations