Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 18th, 2009, 02:49 AM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?
500 point army

Ok which one these armies do you guys think would do better.

A: Raelin ( 2nd edition )-----120
Charos---330
Sentinels of Jandar----440
Marro Warriors----490
or
B: Raelin ( 2nd edition )----120
Gurei-Oni----220
Warden 816----310
Sentinels of Jandar----420
10th Regiment or Aubrien Archers ( can't decide )---- 495 or 490

p.s. I can't have heroes under 90 points or I would of threw a ninja into the armies as a filler.
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:18 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 500 point army

Army A in my opinion. I've heard plenty of people say that Gurei-Oni just gets ignored by any range, and Warden doesn't serve any purpose. Charos on the other hand is solid cleanup material. If you can drop the Sentinels and take Minions I'd do it.

Also can you make your title more descriptive? "500 point army" can be "500 point hodgepodges" (notice the plurality).

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Also, this post could have been in the 500 point army discussion thread. Just to save space

Anyway, if you are going to play in a tournament with one, A would be your best bet. In a casual game, B would probably be more fun. And the Warden isnt bad. See what happens when you get hit by an attack of 4 at 7 range and a sp attack at 5 at 1 range. He can be a devastating clean-up unit, and cheaper than most of the clean up heroes.
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

I really like the Warden, I use him a good amount just because he is all around a pretty good hero. But thanks for your opinions.
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:27 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

What do you guys think of dropping Charos for Nilfheim and then dropping Marro Warriors for either the 10th Regiment or Aubrien Archers
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

I dislike both of them. For A. you only have one card w/ range and since its the marro warrior's Q10 or Q9 could wipe them out in one move, and if that happened you'd be in trouble especially if it was a big stage. The problem w/ A. is that you need to add some more ranged people. I would ditch Raelyn#2 for #1 and ditch Charos for like Q10 and another ranged person. For B. I would switch Raelyn's and Ditch Warden for the Krav. Which would give you the Aurbian's.
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

Raelin #1 is 80 points ........... read the bottom of my first post.
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like army A. Perhaps you could switch out the Sentinals for the krav, and switch out the marros for the izumi samurai. Then, with raelin, you've got some counterstriking fun for both the samurai and charos.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old February 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

Ok Ok how about this army.....

Sgt. Drake Alexander ( 2nd edition )----170
Raelin ( 2nd edition )----290
Minions----400
Krav Agents----500

I think I like that army so far the best.
opinions please
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Thats why I said ditch Charos for Q10, then you have 120 to get a few people like 2x stingers. Then for B. you should get like 2x stingers and Isamu, who is extremely good if you know how to use him, or get Syvarris and Thericus. I dislike Raelyn#2 and would always ditch her for #1. I like the Sgt. Drake#2 because he is extremely hard to kill and does a lot of damage.
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That last army is definately superior to either of the first two. I do wonder though, if you'd be happier trading Drake for Nilfheim and switching out the Minions for Crixus.

~Aldin, looking for MRAs (multiple ranged attacks)

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

Or how about.....
Nilfheim----185
Raelin #2----305
Minions----415
10th ----490

How about that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion