Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM

CasualScaper has disabled reputation
Aquilla's Alliance Re-Release

Anyone heard of when WotC might be releasing Aquilla's Alliance? Or has anyone seen them in a retail store lately? I missed the first go-round because of budget constraints. Many thanks.

"I think I'd rather be a cowboy. I think I'd rather ride the range."--John Denver
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Aquilla's Alliance Re-Release

There was a series of them that appeared in Walmarts around the country but I don't think it was a rerelease. I think it was just Walmart buying up inventory and getting it on the shelves.

I have an extra one, PM me if you're interested in trading.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

I don't think they need to re-release AA because they are the ones who released it originally, also it hasn't even been out for one year yet. But alot of people have been seeing AA and TJ at Walmart stores,I just recently picked up 2 TJs and 1 AA at a Walmart near where I live.
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM

galvornman has disabled reputation

I can't seem to find it.

If anyone has an Aquilla's Alliance they're willing to part with, I'm happy to pay. PM me, thanks.

Drink, drink and forget.
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:45 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

I saw one at a game store a few weeks ago. Not knowing it was hard to find I didn't get it. I went back a few days later to get it and it was gone. Oh well.
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

At least with the large figure packs it appears WotC got it right (as opposed to Hasbro, even though they're the same entity) this time around. As much as it sucks that it's hard to find AA, too many large figure packs were part of the original problem and the reason you hadn't been able to find them in Walmart until recently (WM stopped selling them). Items selling out will always bring the retailer back for more, the question is when will it be delivered.

The Ticalla Jungle set could also soon go by the way of AA (become scarce), so if you don't have it, I suggest grabbing one from HTS.com ASAP.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:09 PM

CasualScaper has disabled reputation

So it seems from the comments I've been reading on this thread and others that perhaps Aquilla's Alliance is currently being stocked in Walmarts. As I remember, when they first came out, Walmart was only carrying them online. Any ideas?

"I think I'd rather be a cowboy. I think I'd rather ride the range."--John Denver
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualScaper View Post
So it seems from the comments I've been reading on this thread and others that perhaps Aquilla's Alliance is currently being stocked in Walmarts. As I remember, when they first came out, Walmart was only carrying them online. Any ideas?
Yeah, there have been several sightings of AA in Walmarts across the country (none in my area). It also coincides with AA disappearing from the Walmart online store, which I think means they emptied the warehouses and sent them to the stores.

Old February 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Hopefully it gets rereleased sooner than the waves. Does anyone think that is a possibility? Since they are seperate from the waves they don't need to rerelease them with the wave they came out with; right (I hope I'm right)?

Its true that the hero packs cluttered shelves for a long time in past waves, but once you don't have a hero set (especially a large hero set) you feel like you could bare to see some more hero pack sit on the shelves.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM

Not that I know anything, but I think it could be a while before there is a AA reprint. Wave 1 and 9 are already announced for this year, which is all I expect to get out of WotC before 2010.

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Not that I know anything, but I think it could be a while before there is a AA reprint. Wave 1 and 9 are already announced for this year, which is all I expect to get out of WotC before 2010.
I would agree. 2 waves is a good amount for one year.

Weren't the other 2 large expansion packs re-released recently? They were separate from their original waves right?

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM

They are separate from the waves, but I don't think it was a reprint. There were so many made in the first run (2 large figure packs to 1 terrain expansion) their still going through it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News