Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Raleigh, NC Tourney: Son of The Returnening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
J-Unit: just wondering how you're calculating the "Total Points" figure up there? Did you combine the matches from the very first tournament we had? I've left that one out of my list on the first page, as we had such a different scoring method and tournament format.

The ladder I posted on the first page is, by my own admission, somewhat cobbled together. It seemed to me as though it made more sense to give higher ranks to players that had a greater number of wins, period, than a win percentage ranking system. This avoids the possibility of a person only ever playing one match, winning it, and then retiring at the top of the ladder with a 100% win rating, forever.

If there's a more appropriate way of ordering the ladder, I'd love to hear it, especially if there's a mathematical formula for it.

Sir Hendricks: Welcome to the boards! You might try the search function to find discussions on the Aquilla's Alliance set. I could be wrong here, I think that Amazing Tales may still have a set in stock. You'd have to check with them to be sure. Are you planning on coming to the tournament and, if so, are you sure enough of your attendance for me to add you to the list on the front page?
Well, the way I did mine was sort of a mix of percentages and wins. Basically, Scored points means, for example, if you had 10 people at a tournament, and you got 1st place, you receive 10 scored points. 2nd place get 9 and so on and so on. I believe this stopped the whole just coming to 1, and getting a 100% rating. Then I multiplied this number by the percentage points as in, if you are undefeated, your number is multiplied by 1, if you are 50%, by .5. Then I added this number onto the scored points number and that gives you total points.

For example:

The scores of a tournament
Player 1:4-0 /10
Player 2:3-1 /7
Player 3:0-4 /1
Player 4:1-3 /2.5
Player 5:2-2 /4.5

Player 1 wins the tourney, so he gets 5 points. Being 100%, he has 5x1=5+5=10

Player 2 gets 2nd, so he gets 4 points. Being 75%, he has 4x.75=3+4=7

Player 3 gets 5th place, so he gets 1 point. Being 0%, he has 1x0=0+1=1

Old January 12th, 2009, 04:04 PM

Oliver Upshaw knows what's in an order marker Oliver Upshaw knows what's in an order marker Oliver Upshaw knows what's in an order marker

It it okay to use repaints as stand ins for the exclusive figs (ie Skahen or Sir Hawthorne) in the tournament?

"Ms. Wolversham, you are authorized to return fire!"
David Weber The Short Victorious War
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM

myrealnameisjeff Woo who?

My friend (we'll call him myrealnameisjon) and I would like to participate in the tournament this Saturday. Please add two more to the list of participants. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

welcome one who has a long name.
AKA myrealnameisjeff! Will you be a permanent member of these boards?

JoutnFAN77 is Master of the Hunt...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:44 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

You can add one more. Jason (he was at tournament last summer) is coming with me.

Last edited by HSisforcoolkids; January 13th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

myrealnameisjeff, myrealnameisjon, and HS's friend Jason, we're glad to have you all!

Assuming we get everyone we think we're getting it looks like we're going to have a good problem: more players than we have maps! I'll drop by Amazing Tales tonight and see what we can do about space, maybe get some more tables in somewhere. This also highlights our need for map-building volunteers. If you can build a map, please speak up, otherwise we simply won't have anywhere to play!

Thanks very much!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well lookie lookie what I found finally. My LOSING points. 702

JoutnFAN77 is Master of the Hunt...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:20 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

I can build a map. It will be on painted terrain but if no one objects I will be glad to make it.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM

You can put me down to bring terrain and build Highways and Dieways. Unfortunately, out of the maps shown on the first post, I only have terrain to make one. The only other terrain I have is SotM and a jungle set, but Ticalla Sunrise has already been spoken for.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
I can build a map. It will be on painted terrain but if no one objects I will be glad to make it.
Sounds fine to me, sir! I'll put you down for Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw
I can put a map together tomorrow night. I have 3 Jungle sets, 3 RttFF and two of each master set. No fortress, arctic or volcano sets though. Send me a link for what you need built with what I have got.

Oliver Upshaw
Marvelous! I'll put you down for Highways and Dieways.

Thanks very much, and +rep for all map builders!

We still need more, though! Everyone else-- dig deep and try to find some sympathy for your common 'Scapers! We're on track for our best Raleigh tournament yet; we just need to get those maps built!

Old January 14th, 2009, 11:42 AM

Myrealnameisjeff, excellent job on volunteering just as I was posting an update! Kudos, sir! As we've already got someone for Highways & Dieways, could you do Badru Valley instead? It uses the exact same sets.

+Rep for mapbuilders!

Old January 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Yeah, I just saw that as well. Not a problem at all, I'm just glad to help!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events