Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 18th, 2006, 01:55 PM

KeeperOfPeace has disabled reputation
Tanks...oh yeah baby

Hey guys,
I got this idea a couple of months ago. Why do we not have tanks yet? I realize they would run on gas and they don't have much of that, but wouldn't it be great if they did?

I know they would be big, but my imagination just can't help but wonder. They would only need a certain size base.

Well anyway, I am thinking about buying a tank from Warhammer 40K and see if it fits the bill.

So what do you guys think?

<><
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:38 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Re: Tanks...oh yeah baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfPeace
Hey guys,
I got this idea a couple of months ago. Why do we not have tanks yet? I realize they would run on gas and they don't have much of that, but wouldn't it be great if they did?

I know they would be big, but my imagination just can't help but wonder. They would only need a certain size base.

Well anyway, I am thinking about buying a tank from Warhammer 40K and see if it fits the bill.

So what do you guys think?
I think it would be really funny as hell to take out your tank with Deadeye Dan. =D

Seriously? I think movement rules would be difficult and it would be WAAAAAY too expensive.

I thought about a trebuchet crew custom a while back. I couldn't get the movement where I wanted it though.
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:42 PM

Well of course it would need tweeking. Maybe even a different type of card. And yes it would be expensive, but I love to dwell in massive games. Sadly, my imagination is larger than the 2 MS I have access to.

<><
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:47 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Sadly, my imagination is larger than the 2 MS I have access to.
Treat your creativity to a couple more MS. I just built an 8MS 2VW 4RttFF map and I couldn't be happier!
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:55 PM

Yeah I should. If they weren't so darn expensive over here I would own a couple more.

<><
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:56 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Yeah I should. If they weren't so darn expensive over here I would own a couple more.
"Over here" means nothing. My next thought was to look at your "location" which you seemed to deem a spot for a secondary signature.
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:05 PM

Oh sorry about that. I live in Largo, Florida. I would think we would get more stuff since there is a ton of people around here. But if the pieces aren't selling, they won't get new stock. I know the one Target around here hasn't had any small expansions in months!

<><
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:39 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I've loved tanks since I was 11 years old. I was a tank platoon leader in the US Army. I still say "Fire in the hole" when I start the car and my kids know what the expression "don't get wrapped around the axle" means. That having been said. tanks in HS have some big problems to overcome. First is the size. Unless you want to recreate something like the WWI FT-17 with a 2 man crew, a tank is going to cover a minimum of 12 hexes. Then there's movement. How does it cove uneven ground? Yeah, I know; a tank makes a light duty road wherever it goes. But how much of a difference between one side of the vehicle and the other will you allow? What about speed? I very rarely moved at the speed of a walking man, or a flying kyrie, so a tank could probably cross the board in a turn or two. Then you've got different weapon systems. The main gun would be able to fire from one army's starting point clear across to the other on all but the biggest of maps. An M1 series vehicle can fire accurately for 4,000 meters. Then there's the crew: are they somehow related to life points? At a certain point can you move but not fire, etc? There are numerous accounts of a single crewman manning the gun by himself, and at least one that I know of where the driver drove the vehicle into position, crawled back into the turret (M48A3) loaded, sighted and fired the gun by himself. On the whole, I think that unless you want to do something like early 20thcentury vehicles, FT-17, PZ I and II, US M3 Stuart, the system might support it. For big firpower, I'd suggest sticking to mechs. Movement and elevation in the game will support their creation a lot better.
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Ghostdogg has disabled reputation
Tanks rock! I was in the infantry and I loved hiding behind them! hehe
But I would have to agree that mechs are kewler!

"As we speak a band of ninja monkeys is plotting my demise.........."
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Tanks don't work in HS.
We have tried several different versions. The main problem is scale and movement on the hexes in compliance with the current rules.
But here's a vehicle that does work for those of you that just half to have a vehicle.
Custom stat's and card coming soon. this still in the testing stage.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old May 20th, 2006, 05:18 PM

Ghostdogg has disabled reputation
The testing stage!

I like that stage, I usually have to 'test' atleast 7 beers before I concure that the whole case is ok.

"As we speak a band of ninja monkeys is plotting my demise.........."
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:38 PM

ForeverMan724 has disabled reputation
What about StarCraft?

hey keeperofpeace,

i to would like to see tanks on my Heroscape battle field. it would be Freakn Awesome! just think of StarCraft n how the Terran's face off against the Zerg n the Zerg against the Protoss or the Protoss verses the Terrans ^_^ Dude! that would be so awesome in Heroscape!

Imagin a Tank facing off against a Dragon! what a staring contest that would be lol Sweat!

i know that a tank would take up at least four spaces and wouldnt be able to move every where on the field... but what a Blast! it would have, Dude for all you StarCraft players out there, you know you want a Tank... YahBaby! Yah

i am so workn on that idea... as soon as i get all my other stuff done (sigh)

heres a last thought on the idea...

Army Tank
Life: 6
Move: 4
Range: 10
Attack: 6
Defence: 8

Special Training: The More Soldier Based characters used on your team those characters card value points can be used to subtract this cards Point Value.

Long Range: once per turn. range +10

Explosive Round: once per turn. attack +4. all Adjacent characters to target are effected by the attack. Defenders each roll one dice(shields) for a chance to avoid the attack. if the one dice roll fails for the target he/she die's. if the one dice roll fails for all adjacent to target they recieve one wound.

next will work on Space ship Tanks, like in starcraft

www.dragonfable.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards