Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The official road = wallwalk celebration thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro Advanced FAQ
If a continuous path starts on a wall walk tile (sitting on a Fortress Wall) and ends on a road tile (sitting on terrain such as grass or rock), doe s afigure get the +3 movement bonus if they start on the wlll walk, and and on the road, but their entire movement was on both types of tiles?
No, because Wall Walk tiles are not Road tiles and vice versa. If you want to get the Wall Walk or Road movement bonus, your entire move must be on that one type of tile, either Wall Walk, or Road.
I try to use a close, literal reading. Don't add to the text on the card, don't take away from the text on the card. I recognize that by that standard, this ruling is the right one. But frankly, this is one case where the text on the card stinks. Not being able to integrate road tiles like the two-hexers and the 5x1 narrow bridge with castle walls, and keep the bonus working, stinks. Not being able to make a staircase of road ending on a castle wallwalk, with the bonus continuing all the way up, stinks.

As I said, this is the only rule my group does not obey. Is there any hope that WotC might revisit this and make the road and wallwalk tiles identical or compatible?
(...time passes...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
"3. The official hasbro FAQ states "Wall Walk tiles are not Road tiles and vice versa. If you want to get the Wall Walk or Road movement bonus, your entire move must be on that one type of tile, either Wall Walk, or Road.""

That has been changed, so ignore that.

Chris
Thanks, Chris and rules team! You knocked out the one house rule I was using to play Heroscape. Not a big fan of smilies but
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The official road = wallwalk celebration thread!

Woo Hoo!!
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Did anyone NOT house rule this already?

Thanks for posting, rdhight, and thanks for fixing the dumbest rule in HS, theGuru.... Wait, we are past the whole, "You can only use the number of commons still alive on a certain card" thing, right?
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Well, that's two rules that I can continue to ignore! (the other was when they ruled that double-spaced figures can flip at any time during movement)
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

It is so good to live in the land of light and peace again.
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Did anyone NOT house rule this already?

Thanks for posting, rdhight, and thanks for fixing the dumbest rule in HS, theGuru.... Wait, we are past the whole, "You can only use the number of commons still alive on a certain card" thing, right?
If so, I'm disappointed... I was soooo hoping for 20 more pages of rules-lawering!

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, it's nice that these sensitive subjects are getting resolved one by one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Wait, we are past the whole, "You can only use the number of commons still alive on a certain card" thing, right?
You dare insult my religion!? JIHAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:40 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Wait, wait, wait... Commons? You can only use the amount alive on a card? Even though I have 3 squads of Blastrons on the field and 2 are dead, that means when I activate them I'm only allowed to use 2 and not 4? Tell me I'm wrong here. Please tell me I'm wrong. Where is the FAQ on this one?

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Embraces the Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
Wait, wait, wait... Commons? You can only use the amount alive on a card? Even though I have 3 squads of Blastrons on the field and 2 are dead, that means when I activate them I'm only allowed to use 2 and not 4? Tell me I'm wrong here. Please tell me I'm wrong. Where is the FAQ on this one?
Here is where the blasphemy begins.
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:57 AM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart

I'm glad they changed that unnecessarily ambiguous ruling. Now if they'd just fix the door rules to prevent throttling.
Old June 8th, 2008, 01:51 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrnix View Post
I'm glad they changed that unnecessarily ambiguous ruling. Now if they'd just fix the door rules to prevent throttling.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old June 8th, 2008, 02:05 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrnix View Post
And fix the rule about ladders having to touch the base tile.

And fix the rule about castle walls having to have a tile capping them.

And fix the rule about the hive hanging over ledges.

And fix the rule about ceiling spaces on the Marvel breakable wall being irremovable.

And one day, I hope, expanding the Jungle tree rules to include other terrain objects or elevations.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's