Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:45 PM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation
Yeah it pretty clear that developing a stackable waterfall is a must. It's one of the few things that was missing from ROTV.

1st, it would gel great with all the currently existing terrain
2nd, it could provide LOS blocking if it went over an overhang
3rd, it would make the map more asthetically pleasing

I think I've seen waterfalls come up a number of times in the custom terrain threads. I think this is an obvious void that needs filling.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I love the graveyard idea.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetbill
Yeah it pretty clear that developing a stackable waterfall is a must. It's one of the few things that was missing from ROTV.

1st, it would gel great with all the currently existing terrain
2nd, it could provide LOS blocking if it went over an overhang
3rd, it would make the map more asthetically pleasing

I think I've seen waterfalls come up a number of times in the custom terrain threads. I think this is an obvious void that needs filling.
I don't know if a Waterfall would add as much to gameplay as it would aesthetics. But it's not hard to imagine how a waterfall feature could be engineered. It could include a base hex at the top with stackable overhang pices that lock together akin to the ladders.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:27 PM

jpat is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like the idea of deep water, as someone else upthread suggesting, thereby making the other water shallow. I also like the ideas of more buildings and LOS blockers. Not hot on SF terrain for the reasons some have already noted.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I'm surprised that people are considering more functional terrain, such as the Line of Sight blocker that doesn't prevent movement. Especially since we have nothing currently that fits that void at all. And even further because it would directly tie into current strategy and tactical play (with Range being all-powerful and Melee a distant second, depending on the maps).

This terrain type could really help that.

I'm all for fully functional portcullis and other window-dressing type nick-nacks but I'm not building a doll-house either. If it's not functionally useful or game-affecting, I'm not too terribly interested.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM

The Unbeliever Woo who?
Re: Some trees like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeliever
<pictures of trees>
Where did you get those, they look perfect!!!!!
You can get them with this toy set for $9.99: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2307572

There are also some other styles of trees available in other sets:

Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Some trees like this:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
<pictures of trees>
Where did you get those, they look perfect!!!!!
You can get them with this toy set for $9.99: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2307572
Thanks!!! Multi-use too. The trees for HS, the cliff for 40K (and possibly HS) and the animals for my 5, almost 2, and on the way year-old.

Now if TRU would only clearnace them at $5, then I would go nuts.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
In response to futuristic terrain "not fitting" into the Heroscape storyline -

I disagree heartily. The obvious loophole is paring it with Marvelscape, but even barring that, you've got to figure that these "warriors of all time" have been living in Vahalla for quite some time now. What do you think the Soulborgs are doing with their downtime? Well, I guess they would probably just plug in to some sort of energy station and recharge actually. Oh, wait, this is Vahalla ... no energy station. I don't suppose soulborgs would build anything like that, would they? I think you can see where I'm going with this and expand it to its inevitable conclusion. To me it makes more sense TO have futuristic terrain within the parameters of the storyline than to NOT have it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
I'm surprised that people are considering more functional terrain, such as the Line of Sight blocker that doesn't prevent movement. Especially since we have nothing currently that fits that void at all. And even further because it would directly tie into current strategy and tactical play (with Range being all-powerful and Melee a distant second, depending on the maps).
You know about the 3D clear acrylic fire and cloud markers you can get from Gale Force 9, right?

They add all kinds strategic fun to the game. Might work for you until something official comes out...

See http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1809 for more on the fire...

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
In response to futuristic terrain "not fitting" into the Heroscape storyline -

I disagree heartily. The obvious loophole is paring it with Marvelscape, but even barring that, you've got to figure that these "warriors of all time" have been living in Vahalla for quite some time now. What do you think the Soulborgs are doing with their downtime? Well, I guess they would probably just plug in to some sort of energy station and recharge actually. Oh, wait, this is Vahalla ... no energy station. I don't suppose soulborgs would build anything like that, would they? I think you can see where I'm going with this and expand it to its inevitable conclusion. To me it makes more sense TO have futuristic terrain within the parameters of the storyline than to NOT have it.
I guess it's all in how you look at it, but my response to that would be with what materials would they build their power stations? If they're fighting a war, when do they have time to go and mine ore to make the various electrical components for their survival? We would also have to assume that these robots are programmed to do such. And if they are building this stuff, why are the Elves still fighting with bow and arrow instead of having Q9 make them Gatlin Guns?

Like I said, I guess it's all in how you see it, there's holes in the story all over the place.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Because Elves fight for Ullar and Q9 fights for Vydar. Also, Elves have magical bows that shoot further and (for them, considering their lifelong training) hit better than any gatling guns would for them.
And all I'm trying to do here is offer you another way to look at the storyline. I think it's very limiting to say "that'd be really cool, but, no, we can't have that, b/c it wouldn't fit the story." As far as I see it, this is the "battle of all time," so very little should be "off limits".

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I think it's very limiting to say "that'd be really cool, but, no, we can't have that, b/c it wouldn't fit the story."
Oh no, that's not what I'm trying to say... I'm all for the sci-fi stuff whether it works with the story or not, it's all easily altered to have it make sense. My point was just that if they're going to stick with the current story then I'm not sure a sci-fi pack is something they'll consider.

Who am I kidding, if some number cruncher they keep locked in the basement says that a sci-fi box will make them a profit, then it shall be done.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion