Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 31st, 2008, 10:03 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners (Updated 10/30)

This is such a great tool - I'm gonna print some for my upcoming tourney after Thanksgiving and hopefully snag some new players!

I prefer the yellow background - seems to make it easier to read.

Also, if you can fit it, maybe the section for Water terrain could use the "don't take falling damage when landing on water" rule.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:45 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
They look great, Long. I, personally, prefer the plain background. But I'm kind of simple.
Yes, in this case I agree with our simple, old-fashioned, honorary chaplain.

When you have a newbie looking at a resource you want to maximize the clarity, no distraction.

And great thanks for the excellent work, Longheroscaper.
Old October 31st, 2008, 11:23 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Thanks a lot for your feedback, everyone ! One more good thing about the plain background is that you do not use lots of ink to print the card => save you some money there .

killercactus, I think I can fit "No falling damage" for the water tile. I had been debating about whether it should be considered as an "advance rule" that a new player would ask if he comes across, but I think I will add it in the next update . Thanks!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:03 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
Thanks a lot for your feedback, everyone ! One more good thing about the plain background is that you do not use lots of ink to print the card => save you some money there .

killercactus, I think I can fit "No falling damage" for the water tile. I had been debating about whether it should be considered as an "advance rule" that a new player would ask if he comes across, but I think I will add it in the next update . Thanks!
Yeah - there's hardly a time falling damage is ever used. Especially on the tourney maps, it hardly ever comes into play, except maybe on Turret Rocks. But hey, if it fits, you must acquit! I mean, you might as well add it.....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 31st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

As to background...for "sales" the fancy ones work; for reference, I'd like the plain. (And I have no qualms about being frugal (i.e., cheap) about printer inks.)
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM

tjheroscape Woo who?

Thanks, they helped alot!!
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:09 PM

soup is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

With Falling , Major Fall and Extreme Fall it would be nice to add them to the Guide sheet.

Last edited by soup; November 10th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
With Falling , Major Fall and Extreme Fall it would be nice to add them to the Guide sheet.
I suspect, since Long developed this card for new tournament or game day players where the maps only very rarely have such heights, he didn't need to squeeze in those rules. (I may be wrong about his rationale, but I think that's it.)
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
I suspect, since Long developed this card for new tournament or game day players where the maps only very rarely have such heights, he didn't need to squeeze in those rules. (I may be wrong about his rationale, but I think that's it.)
Thank you very much Rev. That is exactly my reason. I never intend to make a mini version of the rulebooks or the Advance FAQs. If the advance cases show up, there will be experienced players there to explain to the new players .

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:56 PM

soup is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

[quote=Revdyer;706626]
Quote:

I penciled them in , i found it was the only rule lacking (it's the one i have to look up the most) other then that very nice card
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:16 PM

The fourth Tagawa Woo who?

Great! I should show this to my little brother who sometime struggles with the rules.

Think you got what it takes to create a custom for the new army in Valhalla? PM me your idea and it could be put in my fanfic. Here's a link. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21965
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:17 PM

Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby! Huggable Zombie rolls all skulls baby!

LHS,
Thank you SO much for this. I have just gotten into the game myself and am introducing it to a couple of friends this weekend. I don't know enough about the game to explain it off the cuff, and these cheat-sheets are perfect for them to have.

Speaking of which- and whether this is the right place to ask, I'm not sure, but I sure as heck am not going to start another thread with this question:

How many players do you all recommend for a game? Is 6 too many?

...Just another nerd.

::: Great Traders: Hilo-scaper x3; Just_A_Bill; SuperflyTNT; Jim x3; Mutt Lo x2; generalgina; Sonlen4MVP; jsilvrs;
::: Avoid: Troubleman23

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion