Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old September 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Angry Fan Rantings

I've noticed (and some of you may have as well) that I have a tendency to dislike a lot of things and want to gripe about them. I've also decided that I really don't want to bring someone else's thread down by griping about its topic.

So I've started this thread to post to whenever I want to be a sourpuss about some TV show, movie, musical group, etc.

Anyone else who'd like to jump in and criticize an actor, groan about the sorry state of modern music, etc., feel free to join in.

Of course, if you want to present a contrasting point of view ("Hey! Why are you complaining about that, Jaques? I think it's great!") feel free to do that too, and I'll feel comfortable and cozy arguing with you, knowing that it's all in the context of an Angry Fan Rant.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:33 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I thought Janeane Garofalo was a real cutie until she started yammering about politics.

Why didn't John Goodman want to play Fred Flintstone again? I mean I thought the other guy's performance was great, but c'mon, shouldn't it be a rule that you ALWAYS do the sequel?

I really didn't appreciate Halle's "my people" comment when she got her Oscar.

Dixie Chicks... what did you expect when you **** off 80% of your audience? Was your music not good enough to get you noticed? Was controversy the only way to make headlines?

Bill O'Reilly... was there really a War on Christmas, or were there a few radicals out there who had very little legitimacy until you elevated them to a position of supposed influence? Wouldn't a simple dismissal as Ridiculous have been more effective against them than all the vitriol and bloviating?

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully?

Patrick Stewart's cool. I love his work on American Dad. However, I'm afraid to hear his political views because I don't want that taking away from my enjoyment of everything he's done. I'm blissfully ignorant of his stance on pretty much anything and I hope to remain so. I wish more celebrities would shut the heck up and just do what they do best. I respected Brad Pitt greatly when he told a reporter who asked his opinion on something that no one cared what he thought about that, that he's just an actor.

I wish you could vote on who can and cannot do a nude scene. I wish About Schmidt had a warning before the opening credits. "Warning... this movie contains nudity, and not the good kind."

Spiderman 3... really? I mean Come On!
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LOST?? Not coming back until February??? What a crock!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I don't mind being corrected, I like the fact that others around here are making it a point to correct their grammar, and I'll take criticism but ...

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
I love coffee. It's freaking delicious. But up here in the northeast the number one source of coffee is Dunkin Donuts. And to these animals "regular coffee" means dumping copious amounts of cream and sugar into your coffee for you. That's right, apparently I'm too stupid to be trusted with administering cream and sugar to my own beverage. Leave my coffee alone, I want it black, and when I explain that to you, don't you dare look at me like I just slapped a nun.

I was kind of let down by the ending of Heroes. I wanted more of a fight.

I enjoy watching Pucca and I'm tired of feeling like I have to hide it. Yes it's a gender-reversal of Pepe le Pew with ninjas, and yes it's made for seven year old girls. But I find it funny and charming.

You know how you're supposed to respect everyone else's religion (great first sentence, right)? I feel sometimes gamers think this principle should extend to the games they love as well. As a 'Scaper I have a hard time pretending I respect Clix players. Because I don't. From now on I reserve the right, when a Clix player begins discussing a Clix game (expecting me to care and, even more likely, consider playing his silly game), to cup my hand over his face and push him down to the ground. I also reserve the right to follow up my pushing him over by saying something equally juvenile such as "Have a nice trip?" or "See you next fall."

I totally cheat at Clue. You see the detective pads are divided into three obvious sections: People, Places, and Weapons. And if I see an opponent show a card to a player searching for clues, I watch where that person marks down the clue on their pad. I don't play Clue very often (why would I want to) but no one has ever figured out why I'm able to solve the murder so much faster then anyone else. This isn't so much a rant as it is a confession, and a cry of "Gotcha suckas!" to my friends and family.

I hate euro-auction-bidding games. Hate, hate, hate. If I want to play at bidding I'll go to eBay and bid on a real Ameritrash game. Eat it you peon 'peans!

I think White Wolf RPG's are silly. I don't think people who still use their Luke Skywalker night lights should play at being creatures of darkness.
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:57 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I really don't enjoy Television outside of LOST and the NBA. There are some exceptions but on a large scale I think TV sucks. I think any assclown can become famous in today's world. Reality TV has destroyed good TV. No matter how many times I've seen a rerun of Seinfeld, I'll still watch it over 99% of the garbage that's on today just because the quality of today's nonsense is so bad.

I think MTV is what they make you watch in HELL.

I can't stand comedians who try to be politicians. I like my comedians to be comedians and I like my politicians.....well, I don't really like any politicians.

I feel everyone on the internet thinks they are an expert on every field known to man. They substitute life experience and just read up on Wiki instead. Anyone can become a talking Parrot. Try living life and experiencing things first hand before opening your mouth.

I hate Golf. Why should I have to play Golf because that's what young men my age, 28, do on the weekends? Screw Golf.
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I can't stand how chicken restaurants like Bojangles and KFC consistently mess up your orders. Bojo's has gotten better it seems, but I don't think I've ever been to KFC without them messing up.

I think Star Wars is dumb. I dislike how fans of the series defend it if I say I'm not a fan. It's not your religion...it's not your politics...it's not even your favorite team (as if you really need to defend those things if someone disagrees with your opinion). CHILL OUT!

I don't like how when I'm at All Fun & Games playing Heroscape and then a Warhammer guy comes over and stares at the table without speaking. And then when I say hello he is short with me and walks away.

I don't like how UNC basketball or Tennessee football fans act like each season their team is the Messiah for their respective college sport.

I think that Heroes is an overrated show. I really like the concept, but I've seen two episodes and have been disappointed by both.

Mind of Mencia is the worst show on television. Granted I haven't seen every show on television, but this show blows something fierce.
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids
I think Star Wars is dumb. I dislike how fans of the series defend it if I say I'm not a fan. It's not your religion...it's not your politics...it's not even your favorite team (as if you really need to defend those things if someone disagrees with your opinion). CHILL OUT!
*Twitch* I'm not saying you can't hate Star Wars, but why do you hate Star Wars? As long as you're not one of those people who haven't seen it (or read the books. I can't stress this enough, people, there's lots of good stuff in lots of books!) and still decide to hate it, that's fine.

Off the top of my head, I hate fan-people. You know, the kind of people who bug you every time you see them to start watching their favorite show (or whatever) even though you think it's the stupidest thing on the planet. I don't acre! I hate your show! You're only watching it because there are a large number of morons just like you out there watching it too! Enough already! And if it is something good, stop bugging me anyway. I'll get to it when I have the time! It's not going to disappear forever if I don't watch it right now. Let me watch what I like, you watch what you like.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the Wizard of Oz.

I like the Tin Man.

Old September 5th, 2007, 10:55 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I like the Wizard of Oz.

I like the Tin Man.
...you would.
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Quote:
I don't like how when I'm at All Fun & Games playing Heroscape and then a Warhammer guy comes over and stares at the table without speaking. And then when I say hello he is short with me and walks away.
I completely agree with this! It's like look around fella we are all a bunch of grown men who play games as a hobby. If you aren't doing it to have fun then what the heck are you doing it for?? So, take just a small percentage of the money you have spent on your hobby and buy some soap and deodorant. Then implement a regiment of regular bathing and any outside activity and you might just get laid before you die.

But I'm not bitter or anything.

Quote:
I don't like how UNC basketball or Tennessee football fans act like each season their team is the Messiah for their respective college sport.
Yeah that is stupid. Everyone knows Alabama football is Jesus' favorite.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:04 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, I absolutly love this thread. May it las for many entertaning pages. *blesses thread*

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media