Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?
Everyone Email Target Now!!

I'm going to email Target and complain about how they don't stock HS anymore. If you care about HS then do the same thing right now, if they have several complaints at the same time instead of just one or two here and there then it might get some recognition. I'm not saying it will work but its worth a try, come on take 5 minutes and go to target.com and leave a complaint.
Do it right now !!
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Everyone Email Target Now!!

Ummm, you really shouldn't "complain." Just request.

It's honestly their choice, so don't act like some annoyed toddler just because they don't have it.

Send in a well written, thought out request letter, much unlike the first post.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:14 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Lets cut out the middle men and all write to WOTC and tell them to give it to us for free!!!!!!
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteWolf View Post
I'm going to email Target and complain about how they don't stock HS anymore. If you care about HS then do the same thing right now, if they have several complaints at the same time instead of just one or two here and there then it might get some recognition. I'm not saying it will work but its worth a try, come on take 5 minutes and go to target.com and leave a complaint.
Do it right now !!

Do you really think they'll change their minds because of a couple of letters? You know how much mail these stores get every week? Do you think they care about the opinions in the letters?

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You know, there's already a thread like this: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=23639
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:02 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Ummm, you really shouldn't "complain." Just request.

It's honestly their choice, so don't act like some annoyed toddler just because they don't have it.

Send in a well written, thought out request letter, much unlike the first post.
Thats what I meant, and thats what I did. I sent a request.
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Do it right now !!

Do you really think they'll change their minds because of a couple of letters? You know how much mail these stores get every week? Do you think they care about the opinions in the letters?

I sent a message to Wal-Mart and they called me back and said they'ld be willing to place a special order.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:05 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Do it right now !!

Do you really think they'll change their minds because of a couple of letters?
In GreatWhiteWolf's defense, I think that's why he wanted a lot of us to write letters.

GreatWhiteWolf, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but take the advice of the members who've already responded - if you write to Target, please do so politely and in a reasonable manner. You may also want to have someone spellcheck and edit your letter before you send it. Badly written letters are easier for companies to disregard, just like badly written posts are routinely dismissed here on Heroscapers.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; February 20th, 2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:25 PM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

All i'm trying to point out here and a lot of other threads, is that if we don't get big stores to hear us then we are the ones to blame if HS dies. Most of the people here keep saying "well I don't care where they sell HS", ok let me put it this way, if FLGS are the only ones that carry HS besides some Walmarts then lets face it, its going to be harder to get new players. If big stores carry HS once again then alot more people will see it and be curious about it and pick it up and get addicted like that. We really need some more stores to carry HS if we want it to have a good long future ahead of it.
Thats just my opinion.
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Wal-Mart > All the other retail stores combined.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Most of the people here keep saying "well I don't care where they sell HS", ok let me put it this way, if FLGS are the only ones that carry HS besides some Walmarts then lets face it, its going to be harder to get new players. If big stores carry HS once again then alot more people will see it and be curious about it and pick it up and get addicted like that. We really need some more stores to carry HS if we want it to have a good long future ahead of it.
Thats just my opinion.
I've already stated my disagreement for this but I feel compelled to say it again. The best thing that could happen for HS is not for it to come back to the big box stores, but rather for it to have a thriving FLGS community behind it. FLGS's offer things that big box stores will never have:
  • Dedicated, loyal customers who spend a lot of money on games
  • Play and demo space
  • The ability to special order
  • The ability to preorder
  • Diversification of the buying pool
The last one, I think, is most significant. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if it weren't for the FLGS's, we'd not be getting Wave 9. WotC stated as much when they said that Wave 9 was coming, with or without Walmart.

This is very basic investment strategy - if you put all of your eggs in one or a few large baskets, and something happens to those baskets, you're screwed. Having a robust, thriving FLGS market for HS means that we aren't held hostage to the whims of corporate buyers. WotC was wise to cultivate that network before some of the chains pulled HS from the shelves - if not for them, we wouldn't be getting anything new this year. As it stands, we've had nothing but good news lately - who would have predicted that around Sept / Oct?

I have no objection to wanting the big box stores to carry 'scape. But put me firmly on the side of wanting first and foremost to support my FLGS. I think if we would all put our efforts in that direction we'd put the game on a much more solid footing.
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:54 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness stay_golden_PONYBOY wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I contacted the corporate offices of Home Depot, Jiffy Lube and Bed Bath and Beyond!

None of them are willing to stock Heroscape...

My FOGS however, will be taking pre-orders on Wave 9 as soon as she has confirmed release dates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion