Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old February 18th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: GenCon 2009 Heroscape Events

Man I am so excited, I am already starting to plan stuff, which is light years ahead of last year, oh ,yea going to be a rocking good time.
I brought 1 suitcase of snacks last year, this year 2.

TOM

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My dad and I are set for badges. . Now we need our plane tickets and hotel registrations and we're set.

By the way, do you all have any specific hotel suggestions? Last year we stayed at the Radisson and the year before some where close to the Radisson. They were both really nice in all, but it killed into our money that we had to pay for a $20 taxi from there to GenCon and $20 back each and every day, for both years. They were closer to the airport than to GenCon. I was hoping this year we could plan way ahead (which we're starting) on a hotel so it can be closer to the convention center than to the airport, then we'd only have to pay like a $20 taxi there from the airport when we arrive and one when we leave Indy, oppose to 2 each day. So what are some good hotels right near the convention center, or do you all get hotels approx. 8 miles away and pay for an expensive taxi each day?
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Uh dude.....all of the downtown hotels sold out in like the first 5 minutes of registration yesterday. (I take that back Hilton Gardens still has rooms. The Columbia Club is very old and small)

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Uh dude.....all of the downtown hotels sold out in like the first 5 minutes of registration yesterday. (I take that back Hilton Gardens still has rooms. The Columbia Club is very old and small)
Oh okay. I guess we'll just do the same as the previous years then. Thanks.

Last edited by Cleon; February 18th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

***killercactus reads this entire 12-page thread of GenCon awesomeness, and relives in his mind all of the Scape he played there last year***

Oh well, while you guys are Scaping up a storm, I'll be getting woken up by a screaming infant and changing smelly diapers! So there!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cleon - we where by the airport last year and drove the back way instead of the highway ( my friends car and he was driving ) so it was 25 minutes, and then we paid 20 to park for the day. We always got there early and parked right across the street - so we could go to the car and get stuff.

This year I was an hour and half past the sign in time for hotels, and I got the Hampton .2 miles away ( nothing connected to the convention center was left )- so I am happy about that, will see how it goes, I am thinking that is min. 4 more hours of gaming for me, but maybe upto 6 ( not having to wait on my friend , just get up shower and head out ). I am paying $110/night, last year I paid $90/night so it is a way better deal not driving and paying the $20 for parking ( not sure how I am getting there yet, but someone will have a car and I know the hotel charges for cars ).

Who know next year I may just get a room adjacent to the convention center - but I am happy with a room and a ticket for now. I just now need to start playing more Heroscpe

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As of my search today, the closest hotel that is part of the block with available rooms for a party of 2 is 8 miles away from the convention center.

Now, that said, there are hotels in Indianapolis that aren't part of the block, but you may not be up to the prices. If you uncheck the box about available hotels, you can see the full list of hotels that are part of the block so you can contact ones that aren't.

Good luck all, I'm still a little shocked at the fast sell out of rooms. Either it isn't a lot of rooms, or it is a lot more people than I'd thought.

Correction, the hotel site doesn't list all the hotels it originally did, even if you don't mark the available hotels. I made a note of them, I'll see if I can get a list together.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:27 AM

GreatWhiteWolf Woo who?

Does anyone know if there will be a Gen-Con exclusive fig there again this year?
Unfortunately I don't even have one of them but I like to see want kind of character they are.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteWolf View Post
Does anyone know if there will be a Gen-Con exclusive fig there again this year?
Unfortunately I don't even have one of them but I like to see want kind of character they are.
been said wont know til april.

I SMOKE ROCKS!
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Last year was our first year at Gencon and we are looking forward to it again this year. We are lucky to be only 2 hours away and my brother lives in Indy so my sons and I can stay with him. He does not play Heroscape but I am trying to get him to go too. The money we save on a hotel sure does buy a lot of fun stuff!! I spent most of my money last year in Fantasy Flights booth.

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Last year was our first year at Gencon and we are looking forward to it again this year. We are lucky to be only 2 hours away and my brother lives in Indy so my sons and I can stay with him. He does not play Heroscape but I am trying to get him to go too. The money we save on a hotel sure does buy a lot of fun stuff!! I spent most of my money last year in Fantasy Flights booth.
Although I know people have a lot of fun at the hotels, meet new friends, catch up with old ones, etc., I do like living just 15 miles from downtown Indianapolis. If we didn't live so close, we probably couldn't afford to go given the expense of a hotel and travel.
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

School starts in Indy on August 12. My oldest son asked me how many days of school is OK to miss to go to GenCon. Kids are funny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con