Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old February 27th, 2016, 11:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Range>Melee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

An OM nightmare for sure, but it should do fine against all the melee. DW8K should have some fun against the average attack and defense squads. Syvarris would start and assumably take out a bit over a squad of whatever you open with. Once Syvarris inevitably falls, DW8K comes next and has fun with the special attack. Zetacron will be for Marcus whenever the opportunity arises. Major Q10 serves as fantastic cleanup against all of your army using Machine Pistol as much as possible until Q10 is engaged. DED doesn't do much, but he has the highest range in the game and that's kinda the entire point in my counter.
Axegriders x5 350
Q10 500

Dwarves cause they are fun and should handle all your large units. Q10 to cause a break in the fabric of reality from meeting himself
What if you don't have that many dwarves?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 28th, 2016, 02:15 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

An OM nightmare for sure, but it should do fine against all the melee. DW8K should have some fun against the average attack and defense squads. Syvarris would start and assumably take out a bit over a squad of whatever you open with. Once Syvarris inevitably falls, DW8K comes next and has fun with the special attack. Zetacron will be for Marcus whenever the opportunity arises. Major Q10 serves as fantastic cleanup against all of your army using Machine Pistol as much as possible until Q10 is engaged. DED doesn't do much, but he has the highest range in the game and that's kinda the entire point in my counter.
Axegriders x5 350
Q10 500

Dwarves cause they are fun and should handle all your large units. Q10 to cause a break in the fabric of reality from meeting himself
What if you don't have that many dwarves?
Then I hope that break in reality works to my advantage and gives me more!
Old March 2nd, 2016, 12:21 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

Axegriders x5 350
Q10 500

Sentinels of Jandar x2
Minions of Utgar x2
Marro Warriors x1
Total: 500 Points, 20 Spaces

Your small attackers will have a hard time getting through the Sentinels. Minions go in after the Sentinels tied you up, and get a few attacks on Q10 to eliminate him. Once they're gone, the Marro Warriors play the range game against the remaining Dwarves.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 01:16 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Sentinels of Jandar x2
Minions of Utgar x2
Marro Warriors x1
Total: 500 Points, 20 Spaces

Your small attackers will have a hard time getting through the Sentinels. Minions go in after the Sentinels tied you up, and get a few attacks on Q10 to eliminate him. Once they're gone, the Marro Warriors play the range game against the remaining Dwarves.

Braxas-210
Crypt Guardians x3-180
NotNW-110

Braxas does what she does. Crypts bond with Mrs. Stinkybreath. The mummies could also serve as good cleanup against the Marros as they would be tough...to kill. Braxas should kill everything, but the ninjas are there if need be.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 01:06 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Fight Fire With Fire or Acid With Plague

Red Wyrmling x5
Black Wyrmling x5
Fen Hydra
Raelin

Reds and Blacks are great against Mummies and Ninjas. Hydra is great against Braxas and really just about anything. Wyrms are hard for Braxas to ice. Raelin makes everything tough to kill.

~Dysole, with one of my faves
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:09 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fight Fire With Fire or Acid With Plague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Red Wyrmling x5
Black Wyrmling x5
Fen Hydra
Raelin

Reds and Blacks are great against Mummies and Ninjas. Hydra is great against Braxas and really just about anything. Wyrms are hard for Braxas to ice. Raelin makes everything tough to kill.

Kato 200
yari x3 380
harq x3 500(drop a yari)

As long as the hydra gets wounded early, the mass amount of attacks per turn should be enough to out do the wymlings. Kill Raelin whenever best.

Not original but still fun!
Old March 16th, 2016, 09:01 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Finding a use for Dünd...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Red Wyrmling x5
Black Wyrmling x5
Fen Hydra
Raelin

Kato 200
yari x3 380
harq x3 500(drop a yari)

As long as the hydra gets wounded early, the mass amount of attacks per turn should be enough to out do the wymlings. Kill Raelin whenever best.

Not original but still fun!
DW8K - 130/1
Dünd - 240/3
Agent Skahen - 360/4
Goblin Cutters x2 - 460/12
Air Elemental - 490/13
Isamu??? - 500/14

DW8K will (hopefully) get in lots of hits before the Yari show up. Once they're gone, the Harqs shouldn't fall with much difficulty. Cutters because I don't want to play Rats. (They can destroy stuff too!) Air Elemental as a roadblock if Yari get too close to the ranged fighters, like Deathdurdler8K. Dünd for the late game or as a way to knock all markers off Kato. Skahen moves him into position and offers a way to beat any Harqs left. Isamu because... He's Isamu?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old March 16th, 2016, 09:55 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Finding a use for Dünd...

Quote:

DW8K - 130/1
Dünd - 240/3
Agent Skahen - 360/4
Air Elemental - 490/13
Isamu??? - 500/14

DW8K will (hopefully) get in lots of hits before the Yari show up. Once they're gone, the Harqs shouldn't fall with much difficulty. Cutters because I don't want to play Rats. (They can destroy stuff too!) Air Elemental as a roadblock if Yari get too close to the ranged fighters, like Deathdurdler8K. Dünd for the late game or as a way to knock all markers off Kato. Skahen moves him into position and offers a way to beat any Harqs left. Isamu because... He's Isamu?

Iron Golem-100
Anubians x2-150
Cyprien-150
White Wyrmling x3-90
Isamu-10

Very odd, but I think it could work. Iron Golem is for the Deathwalker. The wyrms can take the cutters. Cyprien and the wolves go after Dund and Skahen. My OMs will be everywhere so Dund won't get the chance to be detrimental. Isamu is there for the ultimate showdown with his other self.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old March 25th, 2016, 10:47 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

DW8K - 130/1
Dünd - 240/3
Agent Skahen - 360/4
Air Elemental - 490/13
Isamu??? - 500/14

Iron Golem-100
Anubians x2-150
Cyprien-150
White Wyrmling x3-90
Isamu-10

Very odd, but I think it could work. Iron Golem is for the Deathwalker. The wyrms can take the cutters. Cyprien and the wolves go after Dund and Skahen. My OMs will be everywhere so Dund won't get the chance to be detrimental. Isamu is there for the ultimate showdown with his other self.
I love this for two reasons. 1# Dund made it into this thread 2# Dund+Detrimental I recently came up with a prize category for tournaments at our last one called. "The Dund Prize" Its the prize for the guy that wins the least amount of games, and if there is a tie. They roll the 20 sided die and the low roll wins.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Iron Golem-100
Anubians x2-150
Cyprien-150
White Wyrmling x3-90
Isamu-10

Warforged Soldiers*4 320/12
Stingers*3 500/21

Warforged win the melee game against Anubians and their automatic shield is efficient against low attack Wyrmlings. Stingers can take care of the heroes and will likely have a screen of Warforged.
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

This is a blast from the past. Hey Tk99!

Quote:
Warforged Soldiers*4 320/12
Stingers*3 500/21
Zelrig 185
Nilheim 370
Greenscales x2 490
Isamu 500

Zelrig goes all out against your startzone, throwing Majestic Fires all over the place. He'll probably die shortly after, but hopefully he'll roast a bunch of squaddies first. Nilfheim and his Greenscale buddies can hold their ground, especially once the stingers are out of the equation.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 24th, 2017, 11:44 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Zelrig 185
Nilheim 370
Greenscales x2 490
Isamu 500

Zelrig goes all out against your startzone, throwing Majestic Fires all over the place. He'll probably die shortly after, but hopefully he'll roast a bunch of squaddies first. Nilfheim and his Greenscale buddies can hold their ground, especially once the stingers are out of the equation.
Brandis 90
Charos 210
Eltahale 140
Marro Warriors 50
Isamu 10
9 hexes 500 pts

Use Brandis to hopefully take out Zelrig, then maybe put a few wounds on Nilfy. Once Brandis dies, engage Nilfy with Charos and do as much damage as possible. Use Eltahale to kill Nilfy if Charos is not enough. Use MW as backup/cleanup if needed. Use Isamu as last stand.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion