Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 28th, 2014, 08:47 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart
Re: Unbelievable Wins and Losses

I was playing a three-man free for all the other day, 500pts apiece. It came down to me having a three wound Krug and Sir Dupis. My friend had 1 life left on Srgt Drake. And my roommate had a 2wound Ne-Gok-Sa. So obviously I thought I had an easy clean up ahead of me. Ne-gok-sa ran for height, while Krug killed Drake. Last turn of the round I got Krug to put two wounds on NGS, one life left. Game right?? No...he wins the roll to go first by getting a 20, goes first and attempts mind shackle. Rolls the freaking 20. Now at this point, I'm still fine, a full life Sir Dupis vs a combined three lives of Krug and NGS. But I had my first two order markers on Krug. So as I can't do anything he moves NGS down from height on his second move, then engages Sir D on his third, goes for mind shackle and...hits it again!!! I he goes from an unavoidable loss to winning the game because he rolled three freaking 20s in a row, two for mind shackle.
Sad part is...I could even be mad, the universe obviously wanted him to win that night. I laughed along with him as he giggled in disbelief/delight....gotta love Heroscape
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:57 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

I have two games that made me think "wow, that was crazy."

First one was when I finished off 5-7 heavy gruts and Tornak's last life with Isamu's disappear. He was like rubber, bouncing off the first attack, then he'd come right back and pound down an unlucky rolling grut. All it took was some good d-20 rolls a some bad defense rolls from the gruts.

The second occasion also came against gruts. This time it was arrow gruts. It came down to my opponents 2 arrow gruts that got left in the start zone due to some early swog destruction. All I had left? 1 stinking deathreaver. Even with height those arrow gruts couldn't roll enough attack dice to take out my one measly deathreaver. I gained some more respect for those tiny road blockers that day.
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:58 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, best games ever, I've had a couple crazy ones, here are the best:

#1. I faced down Syvarris, Shurrak, Rhogar, 2x Nagrubs, 2x Stingers, Mika Connour and Mimring. I had Krav, Hierloom, Drake MK. 1, Raelin MK. 1, Charos, Marro Warriors, Airborne Elite, and Major Q10.

It started with a grenade. A holy hand grenade. A holy hand grenade that killed all my brother's Stingers in one shot. After a while, it became Mimring, and Shurrak vs. Charos, Raelin, and Drake. Charos whiffs on defense... Twice. Svyarris makes a mess of things as soon as Shurrak goes down. By then, I lost Raelin, and only had Drake, Hierloom, and one Marro warrior. Hierloom whiffs to Syvarris's all skulls, and Drake and my last Marro Warrior fall to an assault of 6 Nagrubs. Best Game Ever.

#2. When Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackeled Finn and Thorgrim... Right after another. No joke. Turn one, rolls a 20. Turn two, rolls a twenty. I was slightly annoyed.

#3. AKA that time I lost so badly I made my last surviving guy, a Zettian Guard, fall off a cliff. I was losing. Badly. So, my last surviving figure I made jump off a cliff... and he survives!? I just gave up after that.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 28th, 2014, 10:00 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Another crazy thing happened today. I will now tell the story of Dave the 4th Mass.
I'm playing a game with my brother and my fruend with a map I built.
I'm fielding:
2x 4th Mass.
2x KoW
Gilbert
Alastair MacDirk

My brother has:
Stingers x4
Q9
RaeRae

My friend has:
Nilfy
Kelda
Krav
Isamu
Onotashi
Airborne Elite

The tale goes a bit like this: My Knights, Gilbert, and Alastair are all dying from my brother's Stingers until Nilfy perches on a ledge and icy shards his stuff. His Stingers charge Nilfy as my last figures, five 4th Mass, break for the nearby hill. Almost all the Stingers are dead, when RaeRae falls to the Airborne, and I kill Q9. Kelda secures Wannok, and my brother loses at the end of the round. It's my five 4th Mass vs Kelda, Krav and Isamu. I move one 4th to attack his Krav he's moving at me. That 4th Mass destroys the whole squad of Krav, and Isamu! However, he dies to Wannok. Then, my remaining 4 climb the hill to attack Kelda. I'm shooting Kelda when my friend decides to move Kelda OFF THE GLYPH to engage 2 of my 4th Mass. She kills one, and one dies to Wannok before that. I don't want to move one that can't shoot to not blow WTF, so Kelda and the Minuteman attack eachother. Finally after around like 5 rounds, Kelda has fallen. What an intense battle! Only two 4th Mass remained!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 11th, 2015, 05:15 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart

Ok. I have a loss that, although it was bad, I still consider a win. I don't care what anyone says, I still see this wondrous battle as a win. I name my more memorable fights, so this one is called "The Stand at Snow Ridge". I had built this battlefield that resembles Montiqa Ledge. It was mainly flat with one hill that was 6-7 levels high and covered with snow. My starting zone was that hill and a few spaces around it. My opponent had Deathwalker9000, the Krav Maga Agents, the Zettian guards, the Death Reavers, and I think the Tarn Viking Warriors. I had Syvarris, the Warriors of Ashra, The Izumi Samurai, the Omnicron Snipers, and a few others I don't remember. Syvarris started on top of the hill with the Omnicron Snipers, and the rest were surrounding the hill. All of my army except for Syvarris, were gone in two rounds. There were some ruins in front of the hill and that is were the Krav Maga Agents were hiding. For about 5 rounds, Syvarris survived with 1 life left, and took out all but one Krav Maga Agent. It was the very next turn, when unfortunately, that last agent felled Syvarris. So, that fight is the reason that now I ALWAYS put Syvarris on my team. That is also the reason I picked Syvarris45 for my username.

Thus is The Stand at Snow Ridge. The moral of the story, what you look upon as weak may surprise you.

~Syvarris45~
Old January 11th, 2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvarris45 View Post
Ok. I have a loss that, although it was bad, I still consider a win. I don't care what anyone says, I still see this wondrous battle as a win. I name my more memorable fights, so this one is called "The Stand at Snow Ridge". I had built this battlefield that resembles Montiqa Ledge. It was mainly flat with one hill that was 6-7 levels high and covered with snow. My starting zone was that hill and a few spaces around it. My opponent had Deathwalker9000, the Krav Maga Agents, the Zettian guards, the Death Reavers, and I think the Tarn Viking Warriors. I had Syvarris, the Warriors of Ashra, The Izumi Samurai, the Omnicron Snipers, and a few others I don't remember. Syvarris started on top of the hill with the Omnicron Snipers, and the rest were surrounding the hill. All of my army except for Syvarris, were gone in two rounds. There were some ruins in front of the hill and that is were the Krav Maga Agents were hiding. For about 5 rounds, Syvarris survived with 1 life left, and took out all but one Krav Maga Agent. It was the very next turn, when unfortunately, that last agent felled Syvarris. So, that fight is the reason that now I ALWAYS put Syvarris on my team. That is also the reason I picked Syvarris45 for my username.

Thus is The Stand at Snow Ridge. The moral of the story, what you look upon as weak may surprise you.

~Syvarris45~
I had something very similar happen with Krav and Syv. I lost Syv with one life as he was moving to Kelda. He was mostly obscured by a ruin... Except for the tip of his glove! So... Syv died. I still hate that match...

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:17 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvarris45 View Post

~Syvarris45~
I had something very similar happen with Krav and Syv. I lost Syv with one life as he was moving to Kelda. He was mostly obscured by a ruin... Except for the tip of his glove! So... Syv died. I still hate that match...
I feel your pain. I hate technicalities. It is so annoying when you think you're hidden and then..... Oh look! I think I'll put a bullet through that guy's fingertip! SO ANNOYING!
Old January 24th, 2015, 09:40 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just think about this: Syv didn't actually die, he just took a wound that did not allow him to draw his bow so he had to retreat. I'd imagine it to be hard to draw a bow when half your hand is blown off.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 06:47 PM

Dead3ye Woo who?

I was playing a 2v2 game and I had 3 Stingers with height and a full health Sir Hawthorne. I was in charge of taking out my opponent's last Airborne Elite. The AE threw a grenade which got two skulls and I whiffed on every roll for my Stingers. My next turn I moved Sir Hawthorne closer to finish the deal but I rolled a 1 after my first turn with him. I went on to lose that game and it was been the most frustrating loss I have ever experienced.

My Tradelist

Great Trades with: Gurei-Ornery, Seraph, Fatboy Chubby, Chasee
Old January 14th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Ontanashi (Sp?) dealing 4 wounds in two turns to the Hulk and killing him.

My wife actually cursed in front of our son when the most useless 10 pointer brought down the most expensive unit in the game.
Bahahaha....oh my word...that's insane...gotta love heroscape :P

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 14th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

bahahaha...That's awesome...I freakin love the Anubians for that very reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Ah, I remember it well.

I was playing my friend, and the game had really gone his way during the last half. All of our units were more or less in the thick of combat in the middle of the board.

By the end of his 3rd turn in the second-to-last round, he had Guilty and Carr, full health, a full squad of 4rth Mass, and 2 Krav Maga. My wolf army had been reduced to just one set of Anubians. I mean this is *bleak*.

I take my 3rd turn. 19. A flurry of ferocious attacks decimate the 4rth mass. down to 1 guy.

Next round I get initiative. First turn. 20. Two wolves attack Carr, who has height and a defense glyph in his possession, but back to back rolls of 6 skulls destroyed him. The 3rd wolf kills one of the Krav Maga (stealth dodge doesn't like 9 dice in melee, heh).

He loses a turn due to Carr being gone.

My second turn. 19. Remaining Krav and Mass. get wiped out.

On his second turn, Guilty moves in but needs both of his attacks to kill just one wolf.

On my last turn, I only roll a 12 or something, the 4 attack total--but 2 attacks of 4 is enough to bring guilty down.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 14th, 2016, 05:08 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Scaperedude-
Negok-Sa (3 wounds)

Vs.

Grimnak (Full)
Tornak (Full)
1 Omicron Sniper

Grimnak is goes to Chomp Negok-Sa at the beginning of the round, but Negok-Sa surprisingly Mindshackel's Grimnak!!!!!!!!!! Grimnak then goes and kills Tornak in TWO rolls!!!! At that point Grimnak chases down the lone sniper for the win!!! My craziest battle turn around ever!!!!

H E R O S C A P E

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles