Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM

OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings: Complete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I don't see Blades as A-, I play alot of competitive heroscape. I think they are a solid unit, but not in the range with the other A- figures.
Which A- figures are they not in the range of? I think they are perfectly comparable to many of these figures.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:39 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

All of them other than Marro Dividers(Who I think are ranked too high).

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:42 PM

OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OrcElfArmyOne is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
All of them other than Marro Dividers(Who I think are ranked too high).
Really? You think Minions and Sentinels are better? You think Axegrinders are better? I find these are all worse.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:43 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Blades could hover in the A- to B+ zone. I'd give them B+, because at the one tournament I played Blades at, they couldn't get enough skulls. Heavies are in all ways better because of attack and defense values.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Blades could hover in the A- to B+ zone. I'd give them B+, because at the one tournament I played Blades at, they couldn't get enough skulls. Heavies are in all ways better because of attack and defense values.
As I said before, having another hero or support units can be just as valuable.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:44 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Oh Axegrinders are for sure better(Id take a axegrinder army over a Blade grut army in a heartbeat.). Minions and Sentinels are really solid and have lots of good matchups, and do well vs many heroes too. I like all 3 of those ranked higher than Blades.

Blades are a good unit, but not in the class of those 3.

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Oh Axegrinders are for sure better(Id take a axegrinder army over a Blade grut army in a heartbeat.). Minions and Sentinels are really solid and have lots of good matchups, and do well vs many heroes too. I like all 3 of those ranked higher than Blades.

First of all, Minions and Sentinels also have a lot of bad matchups too. Like terrible.

Secondly, I don't see how Axegrinders are better. Orcs can get the magical 4 defense, and have better heroes. Grimnak is much better than Mogrimm.

Dwarves never really do well at GenCon. They're more hype than anything else.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:47 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
That's because all the heroes died. If the Blades could hold their own without their heroes like the Heavies, then sure give them A-. I don't because they can't, unless they have height. And height for melee figures is hard to get.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's because all the heroes died. If the Blades could hold their own without their heroes like the Heavies, then sure give them A-. I don't because they can't, unless they have height. And height for melee figures is hard to get.
What are you talking about? 6 move Blades easily have height. And unless you're playing really recklessly, you shouldn't be losing your heroes that easily. What was your build?
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:

First of all, Minions and Sentinels also have a lot of bad matchups too. Like terrible.
Such as?

Quote:
Secondly, I don't see how Axegrinders are better. Orcs can get the magical 4 defense, and have better heroes. Grimnak is much better than Mogrimm.
Sure they CAN, but how often is that happening? Blade Gruts are easier to ignore and you can go after the heroes more. Not as easy with the Heavies. Dwarves have solid heroes, are always 3/3 without needing an aura. Have lots of bonuses vs Large and Huge figures. That includes Grimmie. They are not as dependent on their heroes also.

Quote:

Not sure how Gencon matters in this, isn't gencon about RTW? I've never been to gencon, perhaps there are events that I am unaware of that this matters?

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Such as?

Quote:
Sure they CAN, but how often is that happening? Blade Gruts are easier to ignore and you can go after the heroes more. Not as easy with the Heavies. Dwarves have solid heroes, are always 3/3 without needing an aura. Have lots of bonuses vs Large and Huge figures. That includes Grimmie. They are not as dependent on their heroes also.

Quote:

Not sure how Gencon matters in this, isn't gencon about RTW? I've never been to gencon, perhaps there are events that I am unaware of that this matters?
The minions and sentinels have bad matchups against auto destroys like Braxas, Torky, and Grimnak.

Sure Blades depend on their heroes. But honestly, 4 defense is not hard to get, just keep them next to Grimnak and within Nerak, aka slow roll which is already what you should be doing with a melee army. Blades are on par, at least.

GenCon has the best players overall IMO, and there are about 15 differently formatted tournaments. Guess what? Dwarves usually don't do well in any.
Old December 18th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
Is it possible that these rankings can be changed at all?

Blade Gruts should be moved up, they are vastly superior to Arrow Gruts and only slightly inferior to Heavy Gruts. They should be an A-.
As long as starting zones are there Blades Gruts are well ranked.

They're only really good in something like 400~450 points 24 hex, something which does not exist anymore.

They're a very active unit, so you can't mix them with dragons, majors or Kravs very effectively.

What you can take with them is Grimnak, Nerak, Raelin, Tornak.
You can take all that and 4 squads and you're at 510 points 23 hex.
The problem is that Tornak is not very good, and you don't need 2 fighting heroes, and 3 heroes for 4 squads is a lot, is so you want to cut it, but if you cut it you're 410 points 21hexs, this kind of format doesn't exist.

Now that the standart SZ is 16 hexes, Blade Gruts are burried 6 feet deep, they even didn't deserve B+ with this SZ.
You can mix them with any Utgar hero thanks to Ornak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion