Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

View Poll Results: SCTC 26
E1 3 5.36%
E2 14 25.00%
E3 1 1.79%
E4 3 5.36%
E5 2 3.57%
E6 33 58.93%
E7 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Exclamation VOTE HERE - Speed Custom Terrain Contest #26 Poll

Good Luck Everyone!
Speed Custom Terrain Contest #26

Congratulations to Carnival Man! Contact Leifkicker for your prize!
Entry 6

Rules for this entry
DRAGON'S NEST (rough draft)
Unique Terrain/Indestructable Object

WYRMLING POOL
Choose any 3 Wyrmlings. Figures do not start game on the
map. Set them aside until hatched.

EGG LAYING
Any one dragon you control begins the game with 3 egg markers.
Once every round after you reveal an order marker on your dragon while
she is on nest hexes remove 1 egg marker & place a
Dragon Egg on an adjacent hex. You may only place one egg per round.

A MOTHER'S LOVE
Add 1 defense die for every Dragon Egg adjacent to your
dragon.

120 Points

(The nest "wall" has a height of 4 from the outside & 1 from
the inside. So a non-flying, non-climbing unit needs a Move
of 6 to enter the nest from a ground-level adjacent hex.)

DRAGON EGG
Dragon/Wyrmling
Common Hero
Egg
Helpless
Life 1
Move 0
Range 0
Attack 0
Defense 4

HATCHING
At the beginning of each round before initiative roll a d20
for each Dragon Egg. 1-11 nothing happens. 12-20 replace
a Dragon Egg with any Wyrmling from your Dragon Nest pool.

Last edited by chief; August 9th, 2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: VOTE HERE - Speed Custom Terrain Contest #26 Poll

Wow, nice collection of entries! Good luck to everyone...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:35 AM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Great work here!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old August 4th, 2010, 08:41 AM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

I love the little braxas coming out of the egg in entry 2. Great work everybody.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm going to vote E#1, because I like the fact that while it doesn't look the most like a nest, It's the most Dragon-ey
Old August 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

These all look amazing and I can see some time was put into them.

As with all my favorite customs, I like the ones that block the most line of sight. Plus I think a nest should protect an egg from being attacked. Based on that reasoning, there are two entries I had to choose from.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

All I can say is "Wow!" And thanks to everyone who voted for E6!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Ooh, tough choices, especially between 2 and 6. Hmmm...

I love the baby Braxas in 2, but I think that 6 would offer more in-game variety, both with and without its special rules in play.

Edit: Aaaand I just realized that I missed the vote deadline. Carnival Man, I'm guessing by your comment that #6 is yours? If so, congrats! You continue to impress.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Since voting is long over, I'll fess up to creating number 2. I don't really know Braxas' back story, but a snake-like black dragon sounds swampy to me, so I tried to build a dragon nest that could be found in a swamp. It was supposed to look like a nest built within the protective roots of a mangrove tree.

I made the tree mostly using Raudulfr's method described here, although I took a few shortcuts since (as usual) I was making this entry at the last minute. My 7-year old made the eggs out of Sculpy clay (thank for the help, Conner), and they were painted with a pretty nice iridescent paint that unfortunately didn't show up well in the picture. In my head, the eggs looked like those in entry #6 (Nice job!), but I didn't pull it off as well.

The baby Braxas was hand-made out of Green Stuff with repainted wings from a D&D fairy. I was a little disappointed with the baby, but it wasn't too bad considering how rushed I was.

I was very surprised to get as many votes as I did, since I thought several others were better than mine. So thanks to everyone who voted, and congratulations to the creator of #6. Yours was definitely the most polished entry - a well deserved win.

Now let's see if I can start next month's entry earlier than 3 days before the deadline . I've got a few ideas, I just have to narrow it down to 1 ...
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Winner announced!
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM

names of entries in order
MI - Tiger
Tagawa
DeathByUtgar
'Scaper94
Carnival Man
Iceman3317
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't see my name on that list.

And thanks to everyone who let me into the contest even though I was late. I'll be sure to get my entries in on-time from now on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles