Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 19th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Celebrity Run-Ins

in2bator, over in Abomination's Got A Job thread made a comment about once cleaning the car of Wilford Brimley at the car wash he worked at.

That got me to thinking about celebrity run-ins, and I decided to start a thread where we cold all talk about famous people we've met or seen.

I've got 2 memorable ones:

1. Jerry Seinfeld. Maybe 13 years ago or so, when I worked for Loews Theatres, the theatre company opened up a new location in Manattan and sent managers and assistant managers from around the country to help open and operate the new place.

One night, after working a long 14 hour day, we decided to hit a local bar before heading back to the hotel. I'll be damned if I wasn't sidled up to the bar next to Jerry Seinfeld! Gave him the Manly Nod of Recognition and the cursory 'What's up?' He completely ignored me. But hey, after that I actually began watching his show because now I knew him.

2. The Man. Chuck Norris. Back in '94 I worked at the theatre still at a little rinky-dink 4-plex off of Coit Road in Dallas. This particular location was behind the times as far as surround sound, seating, etc. so we didn't see a lot of clinetele. However, Dallas bigwigs (like Ross Perot) would come in because it was never crowded and you could watch movies in relative anonymity.

One night Mr. Norris came in with his girlfriend (she was freakin' gorgeous) and the employees and I were starstruck. He walked around all swole up like he would kick our @ss for looking at his woman. We thought about trying to **** him off so he'd kick our @ss and we could say we got whipped by Chuck Norris. (Ahh, to be so young and stupid back then...)

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:05 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Celebrity Run-Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
'94
That's me!

1) Sweet.

2) Sweeter.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:12 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Anthony Daniels at the touring Star Wars in Concert show!

Didn't meet him, but he was awesome on stage!
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:17 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Carson Williams. The guy that did the amazing Christmas lights display in Ohio. My family met him while on vacation in Mexico.

Old July 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Anthony Daniels at the touring Star Wars in Concert show!

Didn't meet him, but he was awesome on stage!
Same! I loved that concert! My first one, too...

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:38 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I met Andy Dick twice! I hit him with my car, and then I backed up and hit him again...

Old July 19th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I met Andy Dick twice! I hit him with my car, and then I backed up and hit him again...

Shoulda made it 3 times for good measure.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:57 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I met Arnold Schwarzenegger at a Community Olympic Development Program event in San Antonio. Before us, there were a bunch of guys boxing pretty poorly. When it was the fencing program's turn, the event coordinator told the only two national champions (myself and a friend from my club) to sit down while two new members fenced. The bout was so slow that the (pre-)Governator actually dozed off; I've never been so pissed off and embarrassed at the same time. Not to mention that he was on a fact finding trip for the head honchos of the CODP, and the fencing program's budget for the next year was reduced.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.

Last edited by Fencerjared; July 19th, 2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: wasn't yet a politician.
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:25 AM

The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker

Stephen King - I was with my uncle who is the biggest Stephen King fan ever. We where at a book signing in Baltimore. My uncle showed him his tattoo of the dark tower. He's a nice guy although a man of few words and that stare is enough to send you into shock.

Billy Ray Cyrus - He played last year at our towns 4th of July festival. I was the tech monkey setting up the speakers and stuff and cleaning up afterwords. He was a pretty laid back guy. He even helped me move some speakers after the show.

I've met a few Baltimore Ravens players when I still lived there including Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Todd Heep. All 3 really nice guys although their size is more than intimidating.

I met the entire band Sonta Artica and the band Nightwish (Minus the singer Anette) - I went to one of their concerts and Nightwish's singer was really sick all of a sudden so Sonta Artica played a extra long set.

Dusty Rhodes - Dusty Rhodes was friend of my grandfather so we got backstage when the show was in town. I met a few some other wrestlers when backstage at various times

Triple H - He wasn't wrestling that night so he just sat backstage most of the night and thats where we saw him as we where walking to Dusty's Room lounge place. Just said hi and that was it.

Shawn Micheals - Got a signed of his shirt thingys. Really cool guy.

Edge - He was so nice it was really cool talking to him.

Chris Jericho - We where all setting in the lounge talking and Jericho was almost late for a match.

I also met the Undertaker when I was like 5 at some sorta promo thingy with my uncle needless to say I was scared ****less.
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

David Copperfield - My wife and I were at one of his shows and I was randomly selected (by catching a beach ball) to come up on stage for the show's finale. Along with dozen other people, I sat down in a chair on stage. A curtain was pulled to hide us from the audience, and when the curtain was opened the seats were empty and we are all in the back of the theater waving. Then they took us all backstage where we met Copperfield, got autographed pictures, and watched a video of the trick from the audience's perspective. He also asked us not to reveal the secret of the trick, although to tell you the truth, even though I was part of it, I have no idea how much of the trick was done. It was a blast!

This video is not the show I was in, but this the trick I was a part of:

I also met a few minor celebrities when I worked as crew for concerts and events at the local civic center way back in high school (mid 80s). It was mostly country music concerts, but we had one wrestling match. My job was to stand at the door and direct the wrestlers to the right dressing room: "Good Guys" on one side, "Bad Guys" on the other. The only really big name was Mick Foley (aka Mankind although he was called Cactus Jack then) and he was probably the least fun of all of them. He wasn't rude, but it was obvious that he took his job much more seriouslly than most of the others. Most of them were laughing and joking around all night, but Foley was all business.

Last edited by MI_Tiger; July 19th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:10 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Ran into Little Richard at the Cleveland airport. Talked with him walking down the concourse. He then gave me a prayer book while sitting waiting for our respective planes. He was a nice guy and had a nice entourage around him. He looked really good for as old as he must be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Richard

I have had others but this was probably the best because the situation was out of his normal element and I had a normal casual conversation with him. (I am not a big fan or anything so I could keep myself under control.)

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:36 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I was next to Sammy Hagar while he was tanning in Cabo.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General