Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heat Wave

It's in the 90s where I live for a lot of the summer. And then in the winter we get plenty of snow. I don't mind either, really, other than standing at the bustop in 10 degree cold is more than a little annoying.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
Mark Twain
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:47 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler View Post

Oh, ok. So just like we don't have snow clearing equipment (so can't get to the stores) You guys don't have air conditioning? That makes sense then.

*Confirmed with my gf (who is from Plum Island, Mass.) that indeed her parents do not have air conditioning.

It's about what you're used to your whole life. When it changes to something we're not acclimated to, we tend to get uncomfortable.

I think that's about it.

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I lived in GA for most of my life and now live in the mountains of NW MD- very different summers.

Here, I don't have AC and most people I know don't either. My church didn't have it until a couple of years ago.

Here we have basically 2 seasons- winter and July

Although, like most of the NE we are in the 80's and 90's now.
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Here in NYC it was about 103 today. I do have AC, though it barely manages against this kind of heat (I can always get a third unit ).

It does make one want to stay indoors.

Old July 6th, 2010, 07:43 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Here in NYC it was about 103 today. I do have AC, though it barely manages against this kind of heat (I can always get a third unit ).

It does make one want to stay indoors.
Depends on if it's dry heat or humidity laden heat. Dry heat ain't too bad, but if it's hot with humidity...

Unfortunately, we get the latter down here.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Cleveland has been set ablaze in the last few days. Good thing I love the heat.

The main reason why people don't understand how weather affects people is because everywhere is different. A friend of mine back in Middle School was straight from Nigeria and in the late fall, he was freezing. Your used to one type of weather, another person might not be.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Its finally cooling down on LI now, but earlier... you get the idea.
IT'S HOT!!

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

The last few days have been sooo hot and very humid... but now all that humidity is being released in a thunderstorm. Yay!
Old July 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

I grew up about half an hour north of Tampa... and we didn't have A/C. Now I live right on Lake Erie and yep... we have A/C. The neighborhood we live in has houses that are anywhere as new as 5 years old to some that are about 100 years old. In general, the ones built before 1960 have radiator heating and no central air. Tat's about half the houses.

We've had the a/c on for the last few days, but typically we run it less than 10 days a year.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
I grew up about half an hour north of Tampa... and we didn't have A/C. Now I live right on Lake Erie and yep... we have A/C. The neighborhood we live in has houses that are anywhere as new as 5 years old to some that are about 100 years old. In general, the ones built before 1960 have radiator heating and no central air. Tat's about half the houses.

We've had the a/c on for the last few days, but typically we run it less than 10 days a year.
Woohoo for Lake Erie! I've always lived near Tina's(right off the lake) and I have simply loved going swimming!!

Edit: I don't think the school have radiator heating but I could be wrong about that.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

I grew up in south Alabama (aka the surface of the sun - with humidity!), but moved to Michigan about 15 years ago. I am now one of those wimpy Northerners (I can't call myself a Yankee) who is hating the 90+ temperatures we've had lately. I'll gladly hide inside my air conditioned house and wait until winter - bring on the snow!

Seriouslly, I do dislike the extreme heat, but I can take it for a while. The weather here in Michigan has the widest variations of anywhere I've lived. Its hot now, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're having highs in the 70's next week.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoobu View Post
It's about what you're used to your whole life. When it changes to something we're not acclimated to, we tend to get uncomfortable.
My grandma grew up in New Hampshire and doesn't mind going in 50 or 60 degree water one bit. On the other hand, she hates really warm water like in Florida or something. Most other people are probably the exact opposite (I know I am).

In the north up here we are used to a really temperate climate, but we don't really get the "extremes." In Connecticut we almost never get more than 1 foot of snow at a time, and it hardly ever gets above 90 degrees. Down in the south you only get one extreme (the extremely hot), whereas further north you only ever get the opposite extreme (massive amounts of snow/freezing cold). If a person is used to one then the other is really hard.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General