Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:51 PM

WorldBuilder is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Glad-Blast suggestions

I have a fairly large HS set, and like to play with the castle a lot. Here are some tips for defending with the Vydar bot you have. These usually work best in bigger games with more figures.

First of all, I usually put my Blasters up in the castle where they almost always have a 2 die height advantage. After that, I'll place Q10 and the gladies down in from of the gate, near where the blasters stand. While I usually use one of them (Q10 or the Gladies) to go offensive with other units, I always keep at lease one vydar bot behind to enhance the blasters.
You can also have Raelin help protect whoever you have on the ground, don't forget that while in the castle, she can use the corners of battlements (what are those called? Viewpoints?) to be able to gain a clear line of sight at those her aura is affecting. This strategy is great because everyone in the castle almost always has a 2 die height advantage, and characters on the ground and the castle are protected by Raelin.

Good luck, and have fun! (hope this helps!)

I am... ME!!
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The matchup you're going against is one of your problems. You are simply outranged.

The easiest thing I can see to do would be to rush your Glads into engagement with the ranged enemy units. The ranged enemy units cannot use their ranged attacks again until they get out of engagement, either through movement (usually not possible against Glads,) or by eliminating the engaging Gladiatron. Since they have to target your engaged Glads you get an extra turn to attack them with your range. Your Blasts also get their attack bonus at that point.
Old March 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

I would second the proxy plea. Rather than use existing figures, though, you could opt for the "paper miniature" route thus freeing up your other, existing pieces for the draft. I've found that Patrick Crusiau's (well-known) website offers loads of size equitable, printable figures for proxies or customs:

http://www.gwindel.eu/Autre/Figs/Figurines.html

While merely browsing the site can be a treat, the bottom of the page features some "space marine" figures (click on an image to download a full page of sundry minatures) that might serve well for blast and glads. A color printer (or crayons), access to a stiff setting laminator, some wall poster putty and a few pennies will get you a durable, portable army of proxy love.

I would second Sonlen's suggestion for using Q10 as an "out of the gate" draft for menacing your opponent's army from afar and drawing heat for the hump game homing blasts. In honor of said benefactor, I offer the following as another draft option:

Scorched Earth:

Blast x1 - 60
Glad x1 - 80
Q10 - 150
Sonlen - 160
Marro Warriors - 50

As stated, Li'l Q leads the charge to harrass cheerleaders, tent poles and any squad that could be harmed by a few "plinks" hither and yon. Park yourself just out of red or blue coat range - even if you only do get one shot off per round with eight range they'll have to keep inching closer and you don't want to give them a chance to play the "waiting game." Better still, Q10 can play a nice range game with Syvarris, easily punching through the omnipresent "elf glass jaw." With four attack, Q10 can even make an opponent sweat going "all in" with his DW as one mediocre strike minus on "whiff" could flush his offensive line down the toilet. If he's cheap enough to field Raelin first, by all means hit the cheerleader square in her pom poms. Of course, you might not be able to play this scenario out for all game, and here's where it gets tricky (in more than one way); at a certain point, Q10 will become swarm target numero uno, compelling you to switch OM allegiance to Blastatrons, while leaving that third turn reliably on Sonlen to give the Major a healing hand and extend your Blast bonus a few extra rounds. Of course, the party will be over once Q10 and half your Glads have been shut down. Your best option at this point is to rush in with the remaining Blastatrons and clutch up opponents for a few spare rounds while Sonlen takes out remaining heavy hitters (viva la auto wound). Marror Warriors (as is tradition) serve as an able clean-up crew. Your opponent will have to "whiff" a defense roll sooner or later; if they don't just go for a swim and hope for better days.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.

Last edited by wbdhoc; March 7th, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I found this effective in a fun game.
Glads x3 240
Blasts x2 360
Pelloth 460
DWD 540
Isamu 550

The trons moved out to choke up and kill the on coming units. One the Gtrons were worn down to about 1 squad I fell them back with 3 Btrons left. I advanced the Drows who cleaned up well and then the rest of the trons took the last wounds on the couple heroes that were left. (Nilf and MBS in this case) All with 1 drow left as well!
Old March 8th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Get laglor, boosts blasts range by (2?), and he is very good by himself as well. pick off on comers with sweetly high range, with height, and use glads to defend said blasts, and laglor.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I've always wanted to play Taelord with the 'Trons. They have enough attack, which is why Raelin and Laglor are wiser options for 180pt. in most matchups, especially since you can get Raelin + Krav for the 180, or Raelin + Glads, or Laglor + Blasts (170). But it would be fun to get massive attacks or still have some power once your glads are wiped out.

I wonder if spider would have made it farther if he added Laglor to his army for Day 2 instead of Kaemon Awa. Raelin/Laglor is nasty.
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:11 PM

WorldBuilder is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Don't forget that even without Laglor, DW9000 Enhances guard range by two as well, if you have the points for him. (yes, the blastatrons are guards)

I am... ME!!
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldBuilder View Post
Don't forget that even without Laglor, DW9000 Enhances guard range by two as well, if you have the points for him. (yes, the blastatrons are guards)
have them both!, vegeta, what does the scouter say about the range?

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glads x3 240
Blasts x2 360
Laglor 470
Air Elemental 500

Not the best army but I provides addic=qute synergy and range for the Btrons poor defense. The air will be for that pesky flyer if they have one once all other units are clawed in place. It would help to weaken it, that way survivers of the battles will have a better chance.
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Marro Divider #4 is surprisingly tart

How about this-

Torin120
PK190
krav- 290
stingers x2 410
raelin- 490
isamu

Everyone crowds around torin and makes a ranged pod.

please rate!

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles