Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Do you draft multiple unique Squads?

Wow, I feel a bit dingy. I Just noticed that not all squads are common. Who'da thunk it?! Seems kinda dumb to me though. I mean what's unique about airborne elite or marro warriors?

Does anybody not draft multiples of unique suads?

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think most don't since it's illegal. Multiple Marro Warriors would be broken. Also, I find the double post here particularly poignant

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
broken?

LOL sorry bout that. Just deleted the dup.

Anyway what do you mean multiple marros be broken?

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
I believe that the point values for a common unit/squad would be higher than that same unit if it was to be unique. Having the ability to draft multiple sets and replenishing the set when one dies (and not wasting order markers on dead figures) is a pretty significant advantage.

I think if you were to state that some unique squad were common, you would have to up the point value some at the very least.
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Re: broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade
LOL sorry bout that. Just deleted the dup.

Anyway what do you mean multiple marros be broken?
If the marro warriors were common, it would not be that difficult to bring them back to life (since you would be rolling with four characters). If they were a common squad, either that ability would need to be completely removed (most likely), edited so that you could only roll with 2-3 of them, or the point value would need to be increased significantly (at least doubled)
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well, imagine drafting three squads and sending two out to fight while leaving four in a pool of water near their starting area. Whenever you lose three warriors you take a turn to spawn and you're full strength again. All for 150 points. As it is now, if you want to leave a spawner behind it not only takes away from the attack power of the squad, but it also means very slowly recovering the squad after losses. Compare Marro Warriors at 50 points with the 4th Mass at 70 to get a feel for how much less powerful commons are on a point-for-point basis (though en masse thay can be devestating).

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:26 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
The only one I allow to be duped is the vikings. They are relatively weak compared to say the marrows or even the knights of Weston.

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Do you draft multiple unique Squads?

Quote:
Wow, I feel a bit dingy. I Just noticed that not all squads are common. Who'da thunk it?! Seems kinda dumb to me though. I mean what's unique about airborne elite or marro warriors?

Does anybody not draft multiples of unique suads?
Try this thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...+common+squads

There was a time when we played drafting multiple uniques, but it really messed up the point values.

<Can you say, "Three Syvarrises for 300 points!"?>
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I'm not sure if this question was asked because SilverBlade was oblivious to the fact that the rule book states you can only have one of a Unique Army card in your army, or if he just house rules that you can have more than one.

The rule book does clearly state: "Make sure that no player has more than one of the same unique Army Card." A lot of people (including myself) play that only one of each unique may be drafted during a game... but that is something all together different.

Quote:
I mean what's unique about airborne elite or marro warriors?
What unique about them is the fact that the army card has been labeled "unique", and should be played accordingly.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
What unique about them is the fact that the army card has been labeled "unique", and should be played accordingly.
Exactly right, hextr1p; and we might add "that uniqueness is reflected in the point cost of the hero or squad."
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'm having trouble with the idea of your opponent having drafted the same Common as you. In my view if you've drafted Wolves or Knights then only you can draft any multiples of those figures. Despite the obvious confusion (I know... stickers or post-it labels, but still...) I would think that it goes against the theme of the game.
Old December 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I'm having trouble with the idea of your opponent having drafted the same Common as you. In my view if you've drafted Wolves or Knights then only you can draft any multiples of those figures. Despite the obvious confusion (I know... stickers or post-it labels, but still...) I would think that it goes against the theme of the game.
You may well think this "goes against the theme of the game," but I don't. Many times in history and mythology, opposing armies had similar (and sometimes in the case of mercenaries, identical) units. Think, for example, of the armies facing each other in the American Civil War. The United States Military Academy at West Point trained the best general officers of both Federal and Confederate armies. Both armies also had Native American (First Peoples) units fighting for them. Even at the very end of the war, there were African-American units enlisted in both armies. So, having Vikings or Marros on both armies works for me.

Besides, its the rules as we currently have them. I'm not hung up on that, but my experience has repeatedly taught me that the game is very well designed and the rules are consistent and fair (so far, of course).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's