Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 8th, 2006, 08:05 PM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
Time Lord: The Doctor Who RPG

Well, I got to the point this past week where role playing has just become too silly for me. I love role playing games, but I hate role playing. That's a big reason why Heroscape has come to dominate my gaming interests; it's basically the actual fun part of an RPG without the "let's all pretend" element.
Not that I'm claiming that role playing is for nerds or geeks, heck, I used to do it all the time in High School, but I digress...
Anyway, my last and most prized posession in my RPG collection is now on eBay along with my LoTR lot. A rare copy of Time Lord, the Doctor Who rpg from 1991. Definitely worth checking out if there are any other Doctor Who fans here.
Old September 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
what? no Ninthdoc input on this? What the hell is he doing?
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Love Doctor Who, not overly fond of RPGing. I do, however, have Invasion Earth and a copious amount of its minis. IE was the miniature battle game for the Doctor Who universe.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:19 AM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart
I was gonna say, if anyone had it ninthdoc did! I've seen his Doctor Who book collection... I never thought there'd would be some many books based on that show. From what I can guess, probably the only thing ninthdoc is missing is one of the actual phone booths.
Old September 9th, 2006, 01:57 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I keep trying to talk nwo into getting me a DW pinball machine for free. If I ever get one of those bad boys, I'm putting a life-sized Dalek on the left side of it and a life-sized TARDIS on the other. That'd make if feel homey!

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
well if my playfield business takes off, and I start making some sweet cash, and find a real score on a decent player machine. I'll hook you up. How does that sound. But you have to come hang out with me up here for the weekend and bring a vehicle you can haul it back in.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:28 AM

I've always drooled over the Doctor Who IE minis game, but it would leave me broke with my newly discovered compulsive mini buying disorder I've developed!
Of course, I still break myself with additions to my DW dvd collection...
Old September 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Love Doctor Who, not overly fond of RPGing. I do, however, have Invasion Earth and a copious amount of its minis. IE was the miniature battle game for the Doctor Who universe.
IE sounds awesome! Now we need WoTC or WK to release a Dr. Who mini game to get pre-painted Daleks and all the Dr. Who figures.

Was IE map/grid based or freeform with tape measuring?

Newb.
Old September 9th, 2006, 09:36 AM
ATF Agent

nwo, Man, I'd hang out w/you any time. The pinball machine would be just the excuse I'd need to give my wife to get up there.

vette and newb, Imax and I have discussed how sweet it would be for WotC to make a DW minis game on a blind purchase format many times. The game is still available somewhat for now. The original company, Harlequin, has changed it's name to Blacktree. They lost their license some years back but have been selling off their stock for quite some time. They say that the stock levels are getting very low. Here is the link, there you'll find the game and minis.

Oh, and it was free based w/tape measuring. I've had it for years and a lot of minis. They're still unpainted and I've never played.

Old September 9th, 2006, 11:53 PM

Thanks ninthdoc, I've come close to purchasing the IE box set on several occasions, but never got went through it. I still think "Whoscape" would be a neat game idea. Instead of Valkyrie generals, there could be the two factions of Rassilon and Omega for good and evil and the setting could be the Death Zone on Gallifrey instead of Valhalla, where people from all places and times can be brought by the Time Scoop (as in "The Five Doctors" for those unfamiliar with the series).
Old September 10th, 2006, 12:39 AM
ATF Agent

Did somebody say,

This pic below has been around over on BGG.com for the better part of 2 years. Apparently he and I think a lot alike...

Old September 10th, 2006, 09:52 AM

I love that logo!!...makes me want to make Whoscape cards now...too bad I wouldn't have minis to go with them...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games