Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Closed Thread

Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM

Cale has disabled reputation
Prayer Requests (Christian only please)

hey everyone please respect this thread and keep this ONLY for prayer requests and praise reports to those prayers posted here.
please only post the prayer requests and a brief explanation. this thread is not intended for debate or discussion.

thank you for respecting those who post here and the rules of this thread.

God Bless!
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM

heroscapewanabchamp has disabled reputation
I got a prasie report.... my mom was on bedrest and in the hospital
for 6 weeks.and the after standing in faith and beliveing for her healing,
she is perfect!!!!!

If you dont have a ps3........... buy one.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think the fact that you have limited the prayers to Christians only is in and of itself very non-Christian...

I believe that if someone truly is asking for someone to keep them, a family member etc in their prayers they would not shun away prayers from someone of a different religious faith...

I'm not trying to poo poo on your thread or it's seemingly good intentions but everyone should be included.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:52 PM

Re: Prayer Requests (Christian only please)

heroscapewanabchamp- that's awesome! it's good to hear about the power of God's healing. thank you for posting.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale
please only post the prayer requests and a brief explanation. this thread is not intended for debate or discussion.
what i meant by Christian only is that if someone wants to start an Islamic Prayer thread(or any other religion), that is up to them, just not in here. thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
what i meant by Christian only is that if someone wants to start an Islamic Prayer thread(or any other religion), that is up to them, just not in here. thanks.

Again...I do not understand why you are disallowing others to post their prayer requests or disallowing other to not offer their prayers to others???

I am all for people having strong religious beliefs but to discount what someone else believes in makes you a bigot.

Didn't Jesus teach us that you should love your brother?
Didn't Jesus ask for his Father to forgive those who persecuted and killed him for they know not what they do?
Isn't Jesus the one who told us to turn the other cheek?

Instead of spewing your religious beliefs to us why not actually follow them.

FYI...I am Christian...by birth and by choice
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Again...I do not understand why you are disallowing others to post their prayer requests or disallowing other to not offer their prayers to others???

I am all for people having strong religious beliefs but to discount what someone else believes in makes you a bigot.

Didn't Jesus teach us that you should love your brother?
Didn't Jesus ask for his Father to forgive those who persecuted and killed him for they know not what they do?
Isn't Jesus the one who told us to turn the other cheek?
Cale, despite your best intention, you had to know that something like the questions Oncara has posted above would come. Such is the nature of threads such as these, since even back on .NET.

Oncara, I somewhat see where you're coming from. However, none of what Cale has posted above has blatantly discounted someone else's religion. Sure, he has specified that the prayer requests be kept to one faith in particular. But I don't see any place him saying, "... because all other religions are crap."

What's peculiar to me is that you saying you're a Christian, yet still wanting to allow an open thread for people of ALL faiths. Yes, Jesus did say and teach that which you reference above. But he also taught, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through Me." Pretty cut and dry that.

Tell me. Being a Christian, if a friend or relative became deathly ill, would you call in a Buddhist to pray the person? Would your faith in God be THAT weak or twisted to call upon the prayers of a faith outside of that which Christ taught for help? I mean, really... 10 commandments, anyone?

You should also remember the story of Elijah and his challenge to the followers of Baal. Two altars are built. One to Elijah's God, and one to the god Baal. The prophets of Asherah call upon their god day and night to rain fire down upon their altar, cutting themselves and giving sacrifice. And what does Elijah do? He mocks them for praying to their god. "Yo, fellas, maybe Baal is using the bathroom." (no, really, he says that. Look it up.) Finally, after their failed attempts, Elijah ups the ante. He dumps twelve barrels of water onto his altar, saturating it completely. After offering his sacrifice to God (which is what they did back then), God straight BLASTS the altar with fire raining down from the sky.

So again, I ask why would someone of the Christian faith even consider opening their prayer requests or praises to anyone other then the Living God they believe in?

I'm not at all trying to bash or down you. Just trying to make sure you get the facts straight about that which you say you believe.

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
has been BANNED

Maybe the thread itself should not exist at all because it will always stir up discussion...simply in the fact that we do not all have the same faith, beliefs, political affiliations, heck even morality in some instances....If this was a Christian Gamers Forum than it has a place....but if someone had a Satanic Worship thread do you mean to tell me that there would be no discussion or debate?
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:57 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
I agree with Onacara here. I'm not Christian, but would it be so wrong of me to site a "prayer" in Hebrew from the Tanakh?

When I read "Christian only please," I felt that no other religion or belief was good enough in this thread or for Cale. No debate, no discussion. What would come of this thread if there was no discussion? And why is there rules set by someone not wanting to hear from people that are not Christian?

I could debate this, I'm just going to step out for now.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
has been BANNED

Again....I was not trying to poo poo the good intention of the original post in the respect to asking for prayer...but you can see how this type of thing as originally posted could be misconstrude.

And Hex to answer your question....No I would not seek out someone of another faith for their prayers over those of someone of my own faith...nor would I shun them aside either....

Heck even amongst Christians there are different "beliefs"...
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Our forum is not the place for overt religious expression. I love the fact that we have a diverse and very spiritual membership. Lets not draw attention to or away from any one religion. There are many religious websites and places in your local community etc. where it is more appropriate. On our websites, it only invites religious debate and subsequent animosity. Honor your own spiritual beliefs through example or pm or whatever but let's not have threads devoted to it.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General