Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Terrain Makers

Old August 1st, 2018, 11:00 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Bookshelf Skyscraper Brainstorming

Hey, DS, about how many hexes of rooftop would you have on that, you think?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2018, 11:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The top of mine is 15cm by 16.5cm. That gives me 10 hexes easily, and 12 if I'm not too picky. It's either a 3/2/3/2 configuration, or 3/3/3/3.

I got mine from someone who actually took wine out of it. It's not one of the ones I linked; it's from somewhere else.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old August 1st, 2018, 11:55 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's not bad, especially if there's a bunch of them you can jump through lily pad style. Getting a bunch of those would be a nice compliment to the big ones I'm working on here to round out the skyline.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 01:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, the dimensions inside would be a bit smaller. I gave you the exterior top. The inside fit is only 6 or a very tight 7, assuming you're marking your surfaces and not actually squeezing hexes in there.

I feel like it might work as a tenement tower or an office building or something. Not a skyscraper. But I saw your post and thought of it.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

For sure. I mostly like them for rooftop junping and rounding out the skyline with the possibility of limited interior play.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

You could always use the tile top hexes, as the Warehouse did, instead of the full hexes. Also, what about a 3 tile pyramid shaped elevator? Yodaking's post about the ladders and turbo lift has basically won me over.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:38 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
You could always use the tile top hexes, as the Warehouse did, instead of the full hexes. Also, what about a 3 tile pyramid shaped elevator? Yodaking's post about the ladders and turbo lift has basically won me over.
I'm not completely sure what you mean in the bold. Could you clarify for me?

A 3 hex pyramid/triangle shape for the elevator shaft might work.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:41 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I'm not completely sure what you mean in the bold. Could you clarify for me?

A 3 hex pyramid/triangle shape for the elevator shaft might work.
Warehouse ruin uses the top smaller hex to mark the spaces on the second floor, rather than the linked bottom half of the tile.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:42 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Ah, OK, I think I get what you're saying. So the width of the hexes in the layout for the Warehouse Ruin "floor" is less than a normal hex because they base it off the top of a hex rather than a full hex.

Is that right?

The one downside for that would be that it'd eliminate the ability to build anything with hexes inside the buildings. I'm not sure if that's necessarily bad, though (of course, for terrain placement powers like Floronic Man, etc., it could get wonky).

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Yes, I think you have it right. Actually, they are still spaced out the same, but they could be right up to the wall and possibly align better with the more spaces on the roof.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Take a look at my stackable buildings. It has the hexes like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:01 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

OK. Honestly, I'm going to defer to @japes when it comes to the hex spacing anyway. The shelves should get here tomorrow, and I'll measure all the pieces. I may not assemble them for a while, because I need to figure out the exact cutting for the elevator shaft before I assemble them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Terrain Makers