Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 24th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Playtesting Strategies, Builds and Tips Thread

Hmm, good stuff. Very interesting, guys!

It's probably way more ambitious a task than anyone's up to, but I would looooove to see a breakdown of current C3G figures into these three categories just for my own education (I realize that's 500+ figures at this point, though, so I'm not holding my breath).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2014, 01:43 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mebbe

I have a couple of things taking priority but I could probably do something like that at some point.

~Dysole, expecting a decent number of hybrids
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I know I'd love to see that! And, yeah, I'm sure a ton of them would straddle the lines.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2014, 04:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think Rock armies are also a bit underplayed at the moment, which makes Scissor armies all the scarier.
Yeah, that's probably very true. I think there's only really one army I'd call a Rock army in the current format (two others that I think come close but not quite there), a lot of Paper and a few Scissor with a few hybrid Paper/Scissors leaning one end or the other.
Hm... quick run through of the 16 armies in the latest event. (Note: in this event you had to either go all-Marvel, all-DC, or all-"other".)

Rock armies:
  • Fire Demons, Surtur
  • Satanus, Spawn, Predator x2

Paper armies:
  • Apocalypse, Sabretooth, X-23
  • Sabertooth, Wolverine, Marrow, Jubilee, Deadpool, Skrull infiltrator
  • Spawn, Buffy Summers, Judge Dredd, Invincible
  • Nick Fury, Iron Man Stealth Suit, Dum Dum Dugan, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x5, Skrull Infiltrator x2
  • Juggernaut, Jean Grey, Mystique (II), Magneto (II), Destiny
  • Diamondback, Sage, Wrecker, Bulldozer, Piledriver, Thunderball

Paper/Scissors blend:
  • Spider-Man (C3G), Venom (C3G), Carnage, Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl
  • Doc Oc, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, Mysterio Holographs, Sandman, Rhino
  • Cosmic Boy, Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Colossal Boy
  • Magneto (310), Mystique (200), Sage, Forge, Blob, Destiny, Jubilee

Scissors armies (a.k.a. the "dok and Dysole" division):
  • Baron Zemo (Heinrich Zemo), Meteorite, Red Skull (C3G), Blob, Jean Grey, Whirlwind, Skrull Infiltrator
  • Crime Alley Crooks x4, Gentleman Ghost, Chronos, Shadow Thief, Booster Gold, Ozymandias, Ragdoll, Atom

Difficult to classify for me:
  • Batman (Bruce Wayne) (II), Alfred Pennyworth, Batman (Terry McGinnis), Robin (Dick Grayson), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), Commissioner Gordon, 5th Precinct Beat Copsx5, Rat Swarm x4
  • Commisioner Gordon, 5th Precinct Beat Cops x5, Bad Cops x3, Batman (II), Alfred Pennyworth, Steel

I'm interested where Dysole would think differently than me (or where he'd but those Batman/Gordon/Beat Cop builds).

Last edited by dok; April 24th, 2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Moved some stuff around
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:20 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Very Close

I agree with you on all of those. I'd classify the Batman builds as paper/scissors blend with an emphasis on paper with the other paper/scissors blend you have having an emphasis on scissors. That seem fair?

~Dysole, who the more he thought about it realized that the Satanus army was a Rock (the only other one he thought was MAYBE a Rock army was the Apoc army but the mutants in it play more papery {it's nice to have labels for these things})
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the cloaking devices on the Predators really push it over into Rock territory.
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Very Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
...Satanus army was a Rock...
Love this. I am glad to help provide solid foundation. Solid. Shiny.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:22 PM

Very interesting! Just for us rubes, can either of you guys break down some of those examples to show why you feel they fit into those categories? Trying to make sure I really have what distinguishes each grouping down pat here ....

Old April 24th, 2014, 08:42 PM

My Go At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Rock armies:
  • Fire Demons, Surtur
    Surtur/Fire Demons pounds on whatever is left until it is dead. Rinse and repeat until all things are dead. Due to Surtur's Event Hero and huge status and the Twilight Sword he should be able to kill most things in his path. The Fire Demons hit hard and have the respawn to allow them to keep on back and wailing away on their opponents.
  • Satanus, Spawn, Predator x2

Paper armies:
  • Apocalypse, Sabretooth, X-23
  • Sabertooth, Wolverine, Marrow, Jubilee, Deadpool, Skrull infiltrator
    Pick a healer (probably in order of Marrow, Sabertooth, Deadpool, Wolverine). Attack with them (and Jubilee) until they're dead (which can take a while since they keep healing) If your opponent decides to start attacking a different one move your OMs to that one so that way you keep your healers at max power but the goal is to essentially outlast the other guy.
  • Spawn, Buffy Summers, Judge Dredd, Invincible
  • Nick Fury, Iron Man Stealth Suit, Dum Dum Dugan, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x5, Skrull Infiltrator x2
  • Juggernaut, Jean Grey, Mystique (II), Magneto (II), Destiny
  • Diamondback, Sage, Wrecker, Bulldozer, Piledriver, Thunderball

Paper/Scissors blend:
  • Spider-Man (C3G), Venom (C3G), Carnage, Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl
  • Doc Oc, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, Mysterio Holographs, Sandman, Rhino
  • Cosmic Boy, Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Colossal Boy
    Should get to use two Legionnaires a turn. Lightning Lad and Colossal Boy can bring the pain. However, with proper set up you can take a lot of the bite out of your opponent with Saturn Girl's Telepathic Walls, Phantom Girl moving people around and auto wounding them and Cosmic Boy tossing people all over the place.
  • Magneto (310), Mystique (200), Sage, Forge, Blob, Destiny, Jubilee

Scissors armies (a.k.a. the "dok and Dysole" division):
  • Baron Zemo (Heinrich Zemo), Meteorite, Red Skull (C3G), Blob, Jean Grey, Whirlwind, Skrull Infiltrator
    Zemo gets to use any of these guys and can do so depending on the situation. Jean, Whirlwind, and Skull drop people next to Blob and take out anyone who can kill Blob with autowounds. Skullsy and Meteorite remove OMs as needed. Skullsy transfers wounds around. Jean Grey keeps people from getting too close. Meteorite keeps people from using range and other clear sight powers. If all else fails, Zemo plays his Adhesive "You Lose a Turn" Trap.
  • Crime Alley Crooks x4, Gentleman Ghost, Chronos, Shadow Thief, Booster Gold, Ozymandias, Ragdoll, Atom

Difficult to classify for me:
  • Batman (Bruce Wayne) (II), Alfred Pennyworth, Batman (Terry McGinnis), Robin (Dick Grayson), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), Commissioner Gordon, 5th Precinct Beat Copsx5, Rat Swarm x4
  • Commisioner Gordon, 5th Precinct Beat Cops x5, Bad Cops x3, Batman (II), Alfred Pennyworth, Steel

I'm interested where Dysole would think differently than me (or where he'd but those Batman/Gordon/Beat Cop builds).
Those help a little bit Bats?

~Dysole, who grabbed the armies he felt he could most easily describe quickly but could do it for any of them
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:48 PM

So .... rock is about turns with any figures being fine and ability to get around most annoying counters, you just wind them up and go, paper is trying to maximize OMs/turns but the need for careful OM management leaves them vulnerable to scissors, and scissors is all about messing with the opponent, which usually means a lot of wasted points against rock?

Old April 24th, 2014, 08:51 PM

Precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So .... rock is about turns with any figures being fine and ability to get around most annoying counters, you just wind them up and go, paper is trying to maximize OMs/turns but the need for careful OM management leaves them vulnerable to scissors, and scissors is all about messing with the opponent, which usually means a lot of wasted points against rock?
Essentially. Papers can have an OM sink (Prof X and Fantastic Four builds are pretty paper) but the big thing is that their figures tend to be vulnerable to all the screw around powers of scissors.

~Dysole, informingly

Last edited by Dysole; April 24th, 2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Interestingly enough, dok and I both agree that one can make a decent argument Martian Manhunter fits all 3 categories
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I love playing armies that just throw a lot of dice and/or are a nuisance.

Hence my love for Anti-Monitor, Green Lanterns, Spider-Man, and various other "one-man armies."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy