Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM

Nikmis Woo who?
Hi, I'm new to HS, nice to meet you.

Hi guys,

New to Heroscape, long time D&D, mechwarrior etc.... Recently picked up Heroscape to play with my kids (ages 7, 5, 3,1), starting with the Marvel set. Now I have a ton of it .

Anyway nice to meet you all, and I hope to get to know you a bit and contribute to the site.

I'm in/near the Minneapolis MN area.

Nikmis (aka James)
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Hi, I'm new to HS, nice to meet you.

Welcome aboard, Nikmis. We find it helps to have WotC's address printed directly onto your money. It just saves time.

There's some great stuff going on this summer, Scape-wise (the release of expansion Wave 9 and the re-release of Wave 1). Have fun exploring the site.

~Spite

EDIT: Oh, and if you name your kids "1," "3," "5," and "7," don't be surprised if they turn out a little odd.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; May 3rd, 2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome, Nikmis.
I'm down in Rochester but there are a number of folks in the Twin cities area. If you have not located it, there is a monthly Twin Cities game day. The thread is:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=23772
I've attended only once, but the last even was clearly multi-generational with Onjima, his son Hoju511, and two grandsons. You'd certainly be welcome and your 7 year old would probably enjoy it as well.
My granddaughter is not quite 2 so she doesn't play yet.....
Old May 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM

Nikmis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Welcome, Nikmis.
I'm down in Rochester but there are a number of folks in the Twin cities area. If you have not located it, there is a monthly Twin Cities game day. The thread is:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=23772
I've attended only once, but the last even was clearly multi-generational with Onjima, his son Hoju511, and two grandsons. You'd certainly be welcome and your 7 year old would probably enjoy it as well.
My granddaughter is not quite 2 so she doesn't play yet.....
I'll check that out. My 7 year old is my daughter and is not so much into it, but my son at 5 is really into it. Since he doesnt quite read yet he does better with the basic rules, but with help does ok with advanced.

We started playing HS because he kept getting grounded from video games, and I wanted some other things to do with him here in the winter. Since I played D&D and little bit of mech minis for years; HS seemed like a natural first step.
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM

Daddio is surprisingly tart

Welcome, Nikmis! Great to have new people around - this is a really cool community of players. So far as online groups go, they are tops.

LOLing at your kiddo being grounded into playing. Board games and human interaction are better for him anyway, right!

Compared to D&D and Mechwarrior, the HS rules ought to be pretty easy to get into, Basic Rules for the kids.

I've got three kids, age 6, 8, and 10. The youngest likes to "play with" the figures more than actually play the game, but the older boys enjoy the game and can beat me fair and square about every third or fourth game.

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion