Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Consistency and going beyond NM24

You guys can work out the details while i geek out on some really cool name tags and nick names and t-shirts, oh man we gotta have a Halls of Justice lunchbox!

Hey, do you guys have a problem with calling me the Griffster?

All jokes aside, I agree with everything that Markb said.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:34 PM

Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker Markb97402 knows what's in an order marker

my vote is also for comic book art as well, because it is much easier to obtain some consistency with comic book art then with figure based pics.

My Customs(Mostly Marvelscape Common Squads)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22383

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I don't read any comics, so I don't know too much about any given character, but I'm very interested in customs being playable as a whole, not just individually.

And, as usual, I'm interested in seeing similar things happen in the Classic section as well. That's why our process is more TNT than just NM2. That's also why I, and others, had tried to get around to creating units to fill holes in Classic, such as the gladiator squad.

That project never got off the ground, but what do you guys think about trying it again, in the way Bats has suggested here for supers? After Wave 9, which may or may not have some units like gladiators and/or Ullar's Protectors, what say you to a Classic Custom Creators Guild?

(Not to hijack or steal any thunder, but you super guys have some good ideas and usually have the manpower behind them.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Honestly, I'd like to keep this group on the small side, so if we just want to go with the four of us (if GreyOwl is officially game) I'd be OK with that - with maybe room for one or two more if anyone else is really enthusiastic. I just want to make sure we all have complementary goals as well, though, as I know we all have large rosters of our own versions of a lot of the characters we'd be working on here. I'd want to go forth with the knowledge that our own versions will continue existing on their own and be just fine but what we're looking for here is a consensus approach (which two to four powers do we feel are most representational for a certain period we're most interested in looking at in a character's career, what characters are we most interested in doing first, what stats do we as a group feel fit best, what power level/cost do we as a group feel is best, etc.)
Ideally I'd like to start with a DC Masterset that mirrors the Marvel Master set (10 characters, 5 heroes, 5 villains, including Batman, Superman, a GL probably Hal, a Flash wally or barry, and Wonder Woman and five good villain counters for them). And then we can expand into other areas like a X-Men Master set and expansion, a Gotham City expansion, Metropolis and Krypton expansions, a GL Corp expansion, an Avengers expansion, a Sinister Six expansion, and so on and so forth.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I don't read any comics, so I don't know too much about any given character, but I'm very interested in customs being playable as a whole, not just individually.

And, as usual, I'm interested in seeing similar things happen in the Classic section as well. That's why our process is more TNT than just NM2. That's also why I, and others, had tried to get around to creating units to fill holes in Classic, such as the gladiator squad.

That project never got off the ground, but what do you guys think about trying it again, in the way Bats has suggested here for supers? After Wave 9, which may or may not have some units like gladiators and/or Ullar's Protectors, what say you to a Classic Custom Creators Guild?

(Not to hijack or steal any thunder, but you super guys have some good ideas and usually have the manpower behind them.)
This is something I'd probably be pretty interested in down the line when I was less sure of getting any more classic waves. At this point I've pretty much given up on seeing any more Marvel waves any time soon or probably ever. I am ultimately very interested in filling out the Factions in Vahallascape, as I outline them in my Faction thread, however.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Honestly, I'd like to keep this group on the small side, so if we just want to go with the four of us (if GreyOwl is officially game...who let that NecroBlade guy in here again?)
~NecroBlade, reading between the lines

EDIT: Curse you Bats, you're too quick!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I vote that when we decide in some manner, what hero to work on, no one posts a custom in this thread. A link for a reference would be fine, but I wouldn't want one of us to impose our already made custom. We should start from the floor up as a group on each hero.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, I'd like to keep this group on the small side, so if we just want to go with the four of us (if GreyOwl is officially game...who let that NecroBlade guy in here again?)

lol - well I know from experience that you're much more interested in customs in general than in Marvel/DC.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I vote that when we decide in some manner, what hero to work on, no one posts a custom in this thread. A link for a reference would be fine, but I wouldn't want one of us to impose our already made custom. We should start from the floor up as a group on each hero.
I was thinking the same thing. Not that I'm part of this elite 4-person group or anything.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Agreed absolutely. We can all bring in biases about what vision we like from our past customs, but each custom should be a group vision, not a peer review of an individual member's. That's absolutely what I'm going for here.

Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Not that I'm part of this elite 4-person group or anything.
Necro, you're invited to be a part if you want to, no doubt whatsoever. Dork.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol - well I know from experience that you're much more interested in customs in general than in Marvel/DC.
Read: your super customs suck but the rest of them are OK.

(OK, I'm done 'chatrooming' I promise.)

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy