Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

This game came free with my 360, and I've recently started playing through it.

I have one question for those in the know....is the version that comes free with 360s now the Gold version or the regular version? I ask because my character select menu has eight characters that I cannot select. There are red shadows of Sabretooth, Magneto, Doctor Doom, and Venom, and blue shadows of Hawkeye, Hulk, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler. I know these characters are available for download, but I didn't know they were teased like this in the normal game. If I have shadows of them on my menu is there a way to select them and I'm just missing it somehow?

Thanks for any help. My version of the game lists 1250 points of achievements, which I know is above the usual 1000...I have achievements listed that relate to Hulk, Sabretooth, et al....yet I can't seem to play as them. Do those shadows and achievements just show up in everybody's game once you get the auto-update?
Old December 4th, 2007, 10:38 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Check out gamefaqs.com. That's where I go for all my gaming questions/cheats.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:31 PM
has been BANNED

I checked there first. They could tell me all sorts of things about unlockables, but not what the DLC actually looks like in-game, or if there is a way to tell if my disc already has it based on the info I provided in the first post.
Old December 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
You also have to unlock (in-game) Daredevil, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Blade, and some others, at least on the Wii version.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old December 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker
Like to help you, but I have the PS2 version . I second gamefaqs.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartheyegouger
You also have to unlock (in-game) Daredevil, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Blade, and some others, at least on the Wii version.
Yeah. Those figures are black shadows on the character select screen though. I've already unlocked Doctor Strange, and I've collected a couple of the figures needed to progress towards unlocking Daredevil and Black Panther. I anticipate that Ghost Rider and Blade will just show up during the game, like Doc Strange did, and I know Nick Fury unlocks when you beat the whole thing.

Right now my team is Spider-Woman, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Captain America. It's a nice team because they get the New Avengers boost and they offer a good mix of ranged power and melee strength. I have powered-up Spider-Woman to make her an absolute terror with that ranged blast and flight. I never would have thought that a character I'd barely heardof in comics would become my favorite game character.

I'll keep searching for info on the red and blue outlined characters...hopefully somebody else out there has the 360 version of this game and can offer some input.
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Yeah. Those figures are black shadows on the character select screen though. I've already unlocked Doctor Strange, and I've collected a couple of the figures needed to progress towards unlocking Daredevil and Black Panther. I anticipate that Ghost Rider and Blade will just show up during the game, like Doc Strange did, and I know Nick Fury unlocks when you beat the whole thing.

Right now my team is Spider-Woman, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Captain America. It's a nice team because they get the New Avengers boost and they offer a good mix of ranged power and melee strength. I have powered-up Spider-Woman to make her an absolute terror with that ranged blast and flight. I never would have thought that a character I'd barely heardof in comics would become my favorite game character.

I'll keep searching for info on the red and blue outlined characters...hopefully somebody else out there has the 360 version of this game and can offer some input.
I could be wrong, but originally I thought it came with the regular version. There is a way to verify. If it shows a picture of Ghost Rider, it's the regular version. I looked at the bundles on the Xbox website and it shows the picture of the original version. I think the picture on the Gold replaces Ghost Rider with Venom or the Hulk. Maybe an update to the game on Live created the outlines of the additional characters in case you do want to download them.

Old December 7th, 2007, 12:07 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:

I could be wrong, but originally I thought it came with the regular version. There is a way to verify. If it shows a picture of Ghost Rider, it's the regular version. I looked at the bundles on the Xbox website and it shows the picture of the original version. I think the picture on the Gold replaces Ghost Rider with Venom or the Hulk. Maybe an update to the game on Live created the outlines of the additional characters in case you do want to download them.
That must be the case. I think it's kind of tacky to advertise downloadable content in-game like that, but I guess it's the way of the future. I'm still getting used to this always-connected Xbox 360 world.
Old February 7th, 2008, 01:38 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This game was somewhat entertaining. It would probably be a ton of fun if they made a heroscape game similar to it. I have submitted my idea for the game to Hasbro, but to no avail. I think it would be awesome.
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Cany anyone recommend the Wii version?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
A standard 360 game comes with only 1000 gamerscore points. Large downloads (like Shivering Isles for Oblivion) are now allowed to include an extra 250 points. The "Game of the Year" version of Oblivion comes with SI and 1250 points. Since your copy is "Gold" and has 1250 points, I'd be willing to bet that it has all of the content on the disc and the extra characters are simply unlockable. I'm unsure as to how you would get them. I'm not particularly interested in Hack and Slash games.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old February 7th, 2008, 10:40 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Cany anyone recommend the Wii version?
It was one of my first Wii games, and since I like comics, I liked the game.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games