Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 5th, 2017, 11:43 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 4/26

Crap, I need to fix Russel's card. Will do that in a moment.

EDIT: Fixed.
Old May 8th, 2017, 01:16 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 5/5

Also, I'm trying to think of which custom to try and submit to SoV. I'm thinking Wild 3, if I find Heroclix substitutes for the minis on the card currently. What do ya'll think?
Old May 18th, 2017, 01:49 AM

Re: PK's customs MK. III - 5/5

Dark Lakes Creature

Figure: Deep One - Horrorclix

When the fighting came to the Dark Lakes, some soldiers reported some...thing stalking them from the waters. A strange, ferocious beast inhabited these dark, cursed waters, a unique creature seemingly unknown to Valhalla. No general had summoned it, but Utgar happily bent this vile creature to his will, eager to have an influence in the waters of this new battleground.

Sir Wilton

Figure: Modified Wilton Thorne - WoW miniature
s

When he was ordered to retreat, the Knight of Weston, Sir Wilton, refused.

When the wails and moans of the undead echoed through the valley at him, and he felt the urge to run, Sir Wilton refused.

When the undead filtered through the valley, trying to gain access to the plains beyond, Sir Wilton refused.

When he felt the arrows pierce his body, felt those mortal wounds weakening his resolve, Sir Wilton refused.

But when he felt the icy but comforting grip of death come for him, he felt the hand on his shoulder that offered a guiding hand to his promised everlasting, Sir Wilton...hesitated.

He looked up into the grim visage of Death, and set his jaw. He stood, strength filling his hands even as his heart stopped. His faith, his conviction, his pure stubborn rage. Facing oblivion, facing Death itself, Sir Wilton refused.

Voidwalker

Figure: Voidwalker - WoW miniatures

Voidwalkers are called from realms of shadow, coalesced into sturdy and obedient minions of pure darkness. They fear little, feel no remorse, and obey every command, only wanting to fulfill their purpose and return to their homelands of shadow and void.

Lucian Esenwein

Figure: Modified Sonlen - Heroscape

Lucian was one of the more distant cousins in the Esenwein clan. With no lands to himself and no official royal titles, Lucian busied himself with studying the dark arts. All of the Esenweins knew various magics, but Lucian devoted himself to dark wizardry, honing his skills until he was considered the court wizard to the Lord himself. He received a Retchling from Iskra, who served him faithfully as his familiar and companion in his studies. On Valhalla, Lucian is eager to use his magic practically, instead of just studying his nights away...

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; June 3rd, 2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 18th, 2017, 02:19 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 5/18

Another excellent batch. My basic feedback:

Creature: Awful squishy with Khosumet Life/Defense, but still nice and thematic overall. I'd buff his defense (either with or without water), because otherwise unless he's on a map with a lot of water (and even then) he probably won't see an Order Marker coming his way.

Sir Wilton: Is that name a pun? Otherwise a very cool Jandar version of Isamu, more or less. I always love me a good single-power unit.

Voidwalker: That's a really cool sculpt. Unfortunately a lot of Heroscape's best figures are unsynergetic, so the Voidwalker might be quite powerful with them. However they only offer +1 defense so it's no RotV Raelin.

Sonlen Esenwein: That's a wicked repaint. Again very squishy for the cost. However he'll still make for an excellent diet Sonlen for half the price. I also like his SA with the Zombies.

Overall very cool. I approve immensely.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 19th, 2017, 02:24 PM

Aww, thanks so much!

I think I agree about Creature and Lucian. I was trying to make this batch a few low-mid range, pricewise, but I think I may have overdone their stats. I think I'll bring Creature down to 50 and give him extra defense in the water, and then lower Lucian to 70 or even 60? Probably 70. I did the Sonlen repaint years ago now, and I still love it.

If Wilton is a pun, I even myself missed it! But yeah, I wanted a cheap Jandar Isamu type. Filler units are fun.

I might as well put a big 'ol WIP on Voidwalker, because I love the figure, have two of them, but I am not at all satisfied by the card I did and I'll probably be going back at some point for it.
Old May 19th, 2017, 05:35 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Range, Flying, and Life Drain will help Lucian balance his weaker defensive stats out, but yes I'd recommend lowering the price on the Creature.

~TAF

Old June 4th, 2017, 12:47 AM

Re: PK's customs MK. III - 6/3 - Marro

I edited Dark Lakes creature and Lucian a bit. Thanks! These here are some I'm very happy with, in terms of figure modification.

===============================

Kre-Na-Nesh

Figure: Modified Marro Warrior - Heroscape

Kre-Na-Nesh is fiendish, cunning, and pragmatic, even among the Marro. Her experiments in genetic engineering have allowed her to make herself a "universal donor" - she is able to quickly transfuse flesh to her Marro allies in order to heal them, and use water cloning technology to rapidly repair her own body.

Dre-No-Sa

Dre-No-Sa considers herself a relic of a bygone area. Though she makes use of advanced psychic technologies, she pines for a day when massive drone swarms were the norm. In battle, Dre-No-Sa is sadistic, driving her drones onward with pheremones etched into the skin of her enemies, that whip flailing overhead. She makes use of an advanced psychic field that is able to instantly transmute organic flesh into a lifeform close enough to a Marro as to be indistinguishable. All she needs is the "raw materials"....

Marro Stock Clones

Figures: Lightly modified Marro Warriors - Heroscape

Marro Stock Clones are just above Drones, but barely. They represent a genetic "baseline" for the Marro race. Stock Clones may be taken and altered into true Warriors, Stingers, Apex, Dividers, or maybe even named Marro in the higher castes. If the genetic alteration does not take, they are doomed to become Drones. As Stock clones, they can still form a formidable fighting force, wild and mindless, all vying to prove themselves on the field of battle and perhaps, one day, earn themselves a name.

Marro Apex Clones

Figures: Modified MArro Warriors - Heroscape

Apex Clones are the cutting edge in both genetic manipulation and organic armoring technology. Rumor has it that the Apex clones were the ones who would eventually become the Havech Eradicators. Even without the heavy cybernetic modifications that would come later, Apex Clones represent a brutally efficient fighting force. They breathe in a constant stream of toxic gas that they can use offensively, fighting alongside warlords, warwitches, or wulsinu without fear.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; June 9th, 2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old June 4th, 2017, 05:42 PM

You can never have too many Marro!

Kre-Na-Nesh: Advisor is an interesting choice of Class. Unfortunately as a healer for at least the Hivelords she'll be outclassed by Nagrubs, and as a ranged hero she'll be outclassed by Me-Burq-Sa. However the ability to heal the 6-Defense Ne-Gok-Sa is certainly powerful. Or healing the Hive for that matter.
Dre-No-Sa: I really like the SA and the bonus it gives Drones. Sticking someone important like Raelin or Nilfheim with the marker and then attacking with 9 Drones is immensely powerful. I like him
Stock Clones: Basically a Common version of the Marro Warriors with a few differences. Part of me wishes that Mass Clone could only clone Stock Clones because otherwise it takes away from the Apex Clone's interesting relationship with the Marro Hive.
Apex Clones: Even for a 2-man squad they are powerful. Bonding and Acid Blast will make up for their lack of numbers. I really like Apex Evolution--having stronger Marro that need higher rolls to be rebirthed by the Hive is a fantastic idea. These ones are the best of the bunch, I think.

Good stuff as always, man. It's certainly a good use of all those extra squads of Marro Warriors we all have lying around.

~TAF

Old June 5th, 2017, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, the Stock Clones were meant to be Common Marro Warriors, to the point where I'm actually considering just taking out adaptive mutation and giving them 2 defense.

I...actually now realize that I wrote Mass Clone sloppily. They ARE only meant to bing back other Stock Clones. When I wrote "marro Clones" I meant it as an abbreviation of the unit name, not a race/class reference. I'll have to fix that.

Also some pronoun weirdness with the heroes...not sure why I mixed that up.

Thanks again, TAF! I'll get that stuff fixed.
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:31 AM

Played with the Stock Clones a bit.
Old June 8th, 2017, 08:54 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bravo on another great round of customs. I might limit Flesh Transfusion to small, medium and large figures though. Deference to the Hive and Apex Evolution are both really good. One super nitpicky thing is that Marro Warlord Bonding could be named something like Marro Aggressor Bonding. I dunno.

Going way back, I really like the Microcorp Hardsuit's Microcorp Activation. I think I'm going to steal that. Swoop seems really powerful, especially with 7 move, and with the base stats where they're at. I don't know it Polaris is undercosted, but he is powerful.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old June 8th, 2017, 09:51 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Nice customs! My favorite of the Marro is Kre-Na-Nesh (and love the name!). Keep up the great work!

Instead of Advisor maybe Scientist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post

Kre-Na-Nesh

Kre-Na-Nesh is fiendish, cunning, and pragmatic, even among the Marro. His experiments in genetic engineering have allowed him to make himself a "universal donor" - he is able to quickly transfuse flesh to his Marro allies in order to heal them, and use water cloning technology to rapidly repair his own body.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards