Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 13th, 2019, 11:29 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 12/11 - LEAD VENGEANCE 2

And thanks to you for getting this guy started!

As soon as I get my map set back up after taking it down for this weekend's game day, I plan on trying him out, too.

Clayton + Johnny + James + Guilty = only 270, so there's a lot of ways to go for the rest of the army. Cheesiest being Raelin + Rats, of course.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:59 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Kate is probably in a good place to test too, I'll probably be playing her as well, but I wouldn't test Jim.
Old March 13th, 2019, 11:51 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hi folks!

You may have seen in the pre-SoV thread, but we think we've hit on a direction we're settled on.

We wanted to ask for volunteers to playtest this version of Clayton and post here with general feelings or full reports. WE'd very much appreciate if you could!

Old March 13th, 2019, 12:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I still think figures in the Shootout should be within clear sight of Clayton Pierce.
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:09 PM

That's something we can absolutely test for, I think!

The core of this is very solid, I feel. Testing at this stage will help with wording concerns and stuff like clear sight/space restrictions.
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Absolutely. I'll try to run a few tests this week or next.
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:23 PM

That would be fantastic.
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

Playtest report:

Warning: Graphic content.

Army 1: Raelin, Johnny, James, Guilty, Clayton (350)
Army 2: Jotun, Dreadguls x2 (355)

Map: Calida by superfrog (Valda and Dagmar)

Game summary:
Yikes. Raiders got initiative and a berserker charge. Raelin chose the least bad spot, where only two Raiders could engage her, and not Jotun.

Raiders went Strategic, rolled 7/8 skulls, and killed Raelin turn 2 (while taking the move glyph). Clayton takes OM 2, and uses Posse. James and Johnny come along. Clayton takes out a Raider.

Jotun runs forward and kills Clayton in one hit. That's pretty much game, as the cowboys can't muster even another wound.

Team Raiders win with 5 Dreadguls and a full-life Jotun.

------------------

Ran the same matchup back and tried to play it a bit safer with my Lawmen.

This time, they did a bit more damage. I only got two shootout off though (turn one nobody was in range, turn 2 was Raelin, got my shootout turn three, another shootout turn one, then clayton was killed).

This time the Lawmen killed half of the raiders and put 5 wounds on Jotun. Clayton did 2 of those Jotun wounds himself, and James Murphy used Shotgun blast to take out 2 raiders and put two wounds on Jotun all in one go.

The lawmen were actually in decent position even after Pierce went down, but Jotun got an initiative switch and took out Johnny in one hit.

I really think Clayton could use a bump to three defense.

Last edited by superfrog; March 14th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:34 PM

Hmmm. I can definitely see 3 defense.
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

Was in the middle of my third test but had to leave for work. Got home and finished it up:

Army 1: All 4 Lawmen, Rats x1, Raelin (390)
Army 2: Obsidian Guards x3, Warden 816 (390)

Same map as before (a lava map).

This one went much better for the lawmen. The Obsidians were doing okay at fighting through the rats (using lava-fueled range to get multiple rat attacks in a turn), and one of them got height on Raelin. Unfortunately, in three attacks of 5 on 3, he only dealt 1 wound on 2 skulls.

The lawmen got to work and managed to take out the frontrunners, and then roll forward with a nice combination of Shootout and Posse. I usually had 1 on Clayton, 2 on Shotgun, 3 on Guilty, and "X" on James (so he could attack every OM).

The warden came out and killed a mostly-dead James Murphy, but Guilty got through his defenses twice in 3 attacks for the win.

Survived: 4-life Johnny Shotgun, 1-life Guilty, 5-life Clayton Pierce (thanks to a whiff on Evisceraxe).

Thought they were tons of fun this game.

I'd still bump CP's defense to 3, and maybe raise his points to 110-120 (pending further testing). It's not as if all 4 lawmen cost that much if you throw them in the same army (270 at the moment).
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:21 PM

Thanks you for the tests, SF, it really really means a lot to me.

I think it's awesome that his "core" seems to be coming across well and is fun to play.
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

And one more test: (I have SoV testing I should be doing.... oops )

Army 1: Lawmen + Raelin (350)
Army 2: 4x Romans + MBS + MDG (350)

Again, lots of fun to play, and again, the opposing side got really unlucky against Raelin.

But MBS perched on lava and decided not to die from it, and Clayton had a bad turn of defense, and the Romans turned the tide just in time.

The lawmen took out 15 Romans and put a wound on MBS, barely clearing 200 points killed. But one or two more turns of Shootout and it's likely the could have outgunned MDG and won.

Still think Clayton needs that extra defense die.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards