Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2020, 12:28 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape Season 38 - Multi Format Draft R2 til 1

Late Report from Round 1

It was a very strange game and one where the Treasure Quest format was played to the victory condition (which is how all my historical TQ games, albeit few, have gone. @vegietarian18 and I had a memorable Season 10 Finals TQ game)

For this game We split the elf wizards into awkward groups and then I filled out with Ashrans and KoS filled with deathnkights

Draft
Spoiler Alert!

In Round 1 Arkmer and Chadris both claimed treasures and Chadris was summoned away from danger, however Johrdawn and Haduc combined to kill Arkmer who dropped the treasure.

Round 2 An Ashran charge prevented a 3rd treasure from being claimed but Chadris killed a few, while my charge killed Gwyn and a Darkpaw

Round 3 Skull Demon went for a 3rd treasure and claimed it taking 2 wounds in the process but then hiding behind a wall.

I was in desperation mode at this point, down 3-0 in treasures even though my army was more in tact. I was forced to bring in Ulginesh as a solo warrior with his high movement to stop Chadris from picking up the final two treasure. A 4 life Chadris picked up the 4th Treasure but Ulginesh swooped in to block access to the final treasure (or at least force it 2 order markers away), dealing him his 3rd wound.

Chadris made a move and then burned the Ring of Protection against Ulginesh attack of 4 to block. He disengaged which was a miss and landed on the last treasure.....only to have it FAIL (putting 5th wound on him). 75% chance to win the game. yikes.

I won initiative and killed Chadris to destroy his glyphs and KoS surrendered.

Really crazy and exciting game KoS!
Old November 16th, 2020, 03:15 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

In related news.

Moonknight and I will be playing tomorrow at 1pm central (Edit an hour earlier)

Moonknight: Warforged x3, Marcus, Max, Dumutef Guard
kd: Cathar x3, 12th x2, Ne-Gok-Sa, Skull Demon

Last edited by kevindola; November 17th, 2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old November 16th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

dompredator and I are going at it at 6pm EST Thursday.

The armies are shaping up to be:

Arrow:
KoB x3
Boreos

vs.

Dom:
KoB x3
Cal
10th Reg

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old November 16th, 2020, 07:49 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Code:
Shiftrex			Vydar itm

Phantom Knights
				Phantom Knights
				Phantom Knights
Arthur of Sherwood
Sudema
				Quorik Warwitch
				Clawfoot Interceptor
Crypt Guardian
Crypt Guardian
				Beakface Sneaks
				Beakface Sneaks
Nottingham Brigand
Nottingham Brigand
				Beakface Sneaks
				Beakface Sneaks
Otonashi
Bol
				Concan the Kyrie Warrior
We're set to play at 8:30e / 6:30m on Wednesday.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 16th, 2020, 09:05 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Coming Attractions

Chris Perkins and I are planning on playing starting around 5:30ish Pacific Wednesday night. Draft is underway and I'll post it when it's complete.

~Dysole, fascinated to see how this plays out
Old November 17th, 2020, 03:08 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

We played our game an hour early (dang US daylight savings time).

MK sent out his warforged early to take a Round 1 early 1-0 lead while I did more slow rolling of the Cathar.

In the 2nd Round the Cathar struck hard (I rolled about even for Braced Spear for the game 3/13) killing 4 Warforged and claiming 2 spots to take a 2-1 lead.

Motley had come out at the end of Round 2 so I switched to 12th and they were able to kill another Warforged and put 3 hits on Max. Max took the majority of the order markers and he did damage, but I was able to spread out with my squads. I took 2 more control points, and would have had the victory if a Braced Spear had hit an engaging Warforged, but not yet. Score: 4-1

We traded figures in the 4th round and Moonknight survived another Braced Spear at a control point that would have won me the game.

Round 5 I won a big initiative and killed Motley Max with it positioning more Cathars. No control points claimed again. But MK was down to 2 Warforged. He had to leave the Eastern Control Point in order to cover me from taking the central.

It was too much though and in the 6th round I claimed another control point with a Cathar and with 2 order markers on Skull Demon to claim the vacant Eastern Point MK didn't have enough activations to stop me from claiming a 5th Victory Point and he conceded.

gg. Moonknight had a great draft pool for this format between Warforged and Cathar Spearmen. Made for a fascinating game.
Old November 18th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Heroscaper Guy and I are finishing up the draft right now and then we're getting started.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 18th, 2020, 08:26 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soon

Code:
Dysole          Chris Perkins

Raelin         Dwarves
                Dwarves
Rats
Rats
                Brunak
                X17
Cal the Smuggler
Ashra
                Phantom Knights
                Phantom Knights
Theracus               
Isamu (sat)                
                Bol
Ashra
Mogrimm
Getting underway in very soon.

I am also trying something new and streaming the matchup on twitch (I don't think it's on a delay though or maybe a delay of a few seconds). Bear with me as I am still figuring out the tech stuff on this front. The video will be available after the stream (for like 14 days I think if I'm reading Twitch right). Anyways come watch me play.

~Dysole, who drafted probably the grindiest army she's ever drafted
Old November 18th, 2020, 09:47 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I defeated mtl in our Control Points game tonight. I had 4 points to mtl's 0 when I finally killed his last figure, but the game was quite a bit closer than that.

Armies
vegietarian18: Axegrinders x2, Himmelskralle, Kaemon, Aubriens x2
Mtl: Vipers x4, Drake, Quorik Warwitch, Beakface Sneaks x2

Both us had openers that the other did not expect. I led with 1 2 Dwarves 3 Himmel, while mtl led with straight Drake. Mtl was expecting me to go Aubriens to counter Vipers, while I was going Dwarves to counter Vipers instead, since I wanted 6 move 4 activation bodies to shut the Vipers down from scoring control points. Drake was kind of pulled different directions by the Dwarves, but ultimately settled by plopping himself directly next to the center control point, making it very difficult for me to score there, but I was able to score on the Swamp side of the map most rounds. The Vipers came in after the Drake first round, but after some kills to open they really struggle to hurt the Dwarves. They had 3 frenzies but the 8 Dwarves just held out great. Himmel came in and did some work cleaning out Vipers (one at a time, mtl was very good at denying me chains) and getting damage on Drake, while Drake struggled to do damage back to Himmel. Aubriens and Kaemon were my finisher, taking out the Sneaks with melee attacks and leaving Kaemon to finish off the Warwitch. The game was really won by the early Dwarf solid shields, had they not held out as well the Vipers probably score a few instead of the Dwarves scoring a few and then things just get so much different. Good game.
Old November 19th, 2020, 10:35 AM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
KoS Round 2

Code:
Knight of Scape          Flounderd

Warriors of Ashra        
                         Dreadgul Raiders
                         Dreadgul Raiders
Warriors of Ashra 
Warriors of Ashra 
                         Arkmer
                         Jotun
Warriors of Ashra
Dreadgul Raiders
                         Chardris
Acolarh
Zogross Hardscale
We're playing today at 4:30 CT

~KoS, kind of surprised that by the end of round 2, every card in his pool has been drafted at least once.
Old November 19th, 2020, 04:31 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
* Bol, Concan the Kyrie Warrior, Heirloom, Otonashi, Sudema, Crypt Guardianx2, Phantom Knightsx3, Zombies of Morindanx4

* Arthur of Sherwood, Bol, Darrak Ambershard, Elaria the Pale, Millerson, Quorik Warwitch, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Beakface Sneaksx5, Clawfoot Interceptor, Nottingham Brigandx4
Code:
Shiftrex			Vydar itm

Phantom Knights
				Phantom Knights
				Phantom Knights
Arthur of Sherwood
Sudema
				Quorik Warwitch
				Clawfoot Interceptor
Crypt Guardian
Crypt Guardian
				Beakface Sneaks
				Beakface Sneaks
Nottingham Brigand
Nottingham Brigand
				Beakface Sneaks
				Beakface Sneaks
Otonashi
Bol
				Concan the Kyrie Warrior
We're set to play at 8:30e / 6:30m on Wednesday.
Drafting Report

Before we started drafting, I took some time to assess the units in the pool. Immediately, the PKs stood out to me as very useful in this format. 3 figures with 6 move and stealth flying is pretty damn fast, and able to establish early board control and early VPs. With the PKs as the standouts, I ignored the zombies, yes moving 6 units per turn is appealing but they're slow and don't rise against the knights. I also didn't consider Sudema and the Crypt Guardians. I had never played with the CGs, they are slow, and Sudema is traditionally a bad unit. I figured I would take one of the special attacks (Warwitch and Heirloom) to counter draft, if necessary. Aside from the PKs, I knew I wanted either dwarves or Beakfaces. The ability to attack and then move a unit onto a control point with either bonding or flocking would also prove to be invaluable. Otonashi on an OM3 could be very useful at the right time with that 10 move, but requires a lot of prediction and isn't worth building around, If I have the chance to get her and someone tricky, I should. That leaves the Rogues. I don't value them very highly when compared to the rest of the pool. PKs and Beakfaces get +3 def vs range, Arthur is fast, but not fast enough to get to a CP in 1 OM, and Elaria's powers aren't helpful in this format. A few Brigands do provide a useful tool against the Warwitch and might be useful to supplement bonding to Darrak in the same army as dwarves, but that's about it.

Shiftrex chose who would start. My plan going first was Darrak and 2x Axegrinders on the second pick, I would cede the PKs to him and go with the number of attacks per turn, feeling confident that those picks could have an even matchup with 3x PKs. I would likely then have gotten the Warwitch or Heirloom for the SA and figure out what the last half would be based on his other picks. But Shiftrex picked 1x PKs first. Going second, there wasn't a single circumstance that I would not choose 2x PKs. Shiftrex's next picks really surprised me. I figured he would go for either the dwarf or raptorian cores, but he chose Arthur and Sudema. I could not understand why these were his picks until midway through our game. He picked them for their D20 attacks as a way to bypass the Phantom's high defense. After being stunned by his last pick, I was able to take my pick between the Axegrinders and the Beakfaces instead of taking the one Shiftrex leaves for me. I chose the Beakfaces because of the movement utility that Flocking provided. So I picked Quorik and Clawfoot. The rest of the draft was easy, Shiftrex picked up CGs and NBs to synergize with Arthur and Sudema and then Oto and Bol to round out his points and I took 4x Beakfaces and Concan.

A small (possible) mistake I made was that instead of the second pair of Beaks, I should have taken Oto and Bol (sitting Bol), denying that option to Shiftrex, forcing him to fill his points with 1x Beakfaces and then I switch Concan (who did nothing) for Darrak.

Coming out of the draft, I felt like Shiftrex's army is all over the place. He has 8 cards to my 5, so his OMs are going to be significantly more challenging to manage than mine. He has a lot of tools at his disposal, but none that I was particularly scared of. His army is going to have issues putting on constant pressure on all 3 control points, whereas my army won't have that issue. The way he wins is to get his bulky heroes on control points first and I need to get there first or go through his heroes.

Battle Report

NOTE: I will refer to Control Points as follows, from top-left to bottom-right: north, center, and south.

Round 1 consisted of a lot of Phantom Knights. All 3 of my OMs and OM1 and OM3 of Shiftrex's were on PKs. I won initiative and each of our first turns was flying PKs out, able to threaten all 3 Points. I did not play my OM2 well at all. I miscounted hexes and instead of taking all 3 points, I moved 2 PKs to the north point, leaving the center point open. Shiftrex, on OM2 developed a CG, lovingly nicknamed Fred, and Sudema and on each of our OM3 we developed PKs. At the end of the round, I held the north and south points, but were engaged at both and Shiftrex held the center point unengaged. Vydar 0, Shiftrex 1

In round 2, I split my OMs between developing the Beakfaces and continuing to fight for the CPs with the Phantoms. Shiftrex has OMs on everything. 2 on Brigands, 1 on Fred the Crypt Guardian and 1 on Otonashi. I win initiative, my OM1 is on PKs. They fly to the center and south but none of my attacks go through. His OM1 is on a Nottingham Brigand. He bonds with Arthur, who moved to center and draws first blood, or ectoplasm, if you will. My OM2 develops Beakfaces into threatening range, and his OM2 develops Fred and Sudema towards the south point, where she turns my PK on the south point to stone. My OM3 is back on the Phantoms, I re-take the south point and kill his PK. His OM3 is on the Brigand and both he and Arthur fail to kill anything. I hold the north point engaged, and the south point unengaged. Shiftrex holds the center point, unengaged. Vydar 1, Shiftrex 2

In round 3, Shiftrex won initiative with 2 markers on Otonashi, 1 on Brigands, and 1 on Fred. I, again, split between Beaks and Phantoms. His OM1 was on Fred, he moves closer to the south point and Sudema steps up onto the 3-hex rock and turns a PK to stone. My OM1 is on the Beakfaces, they attack, doing no damage but trigger flocking allowing some good development. On OM2 Shiftrex had Arthur run over from center to attack my PK on the north point and take a passing swipe at the Clawfoot, both of which hit. My OM2 on the Phantoms reclaimed the north point, and flew from south up to attack Shiftrex's PK on the center point, killing it. At this point, I am thankful for the "mistake" I made on turn 2, having this second PK at the north point probably stopped Shiftrex from getting a VP or two at the north point. Shiftrex's OM3 was on Otonashi, and unfortunately (for Shiftrex), she wasn't placed next to Bol and therefore couldn't use her Tricky Speed. Which essentially wasted the OM. My OM3 was on Beakfaces, they killed a Brigand and flocking moved 2 more birds onto the center and south points. I hold all 3 points, engaged only at the north. Vydar 3, Shiftrex 2

As I was placing round 4's OMs I realized I had the opportunity to kill the last Brigand in Shiftrex's start zone, he was exactly in range of one PK. OMs were revealed, 2 OMs were on that Brigand, and I won initiative. I flew a Phantom over, rolled 2 skulls... and the Brigand blocks with 2/2 shields! Shiftrex's OM1 was on the Brigand that I couldn't kill. Arthur does some damage and Beaks fail to damage back on OM2. His OM2 is on Fred. Fred kills the Beak on the south point and then Sudema takes the point. My OM3 on Beakfaces puts a wound on Arthur and trigger flocking. I have my Clawfoot grab a Beak and land in the swamp water south of the hive, a bad position. but it allowed the carried Beakface to engage Sudema, blocking a VP. Shiftrex's OM3 has Arthur kill a Beak and the Clawfoot and the Brigand kills the would-be-assassin PK. I hold the north point, engaged, with my last PK. Shiftrex holds the south point with Sudema, engaged to 1 Beakface. No points gained. Vydar 3, Shiftrex 2

While placing OMs for round 5, the big decision I faced was when to bring the Quorik Warwitch into the fray and whether to give her any markers. I decided no, she wouldn't get any markers, I needed to kill 1 PK and Arthur, both of which I could get height on, so Beakface attacks would be more potent. I loaded OM1, OM2 and OM3 on the Beakfaces with the OMX on the Warwitch. Shiftrex's were split between Fred and the Brigand. Shiftrex won initiative. His OM1 has Arthur take the center point. My OM1 Beakfaces finally kill Shiftrex's last PK next to the north point, where he has been since round 1. Flocking moves up the Quorik Warwitch into a threatening position. Shiftrex's OM2 and OM3 and my OM2 don't get any successful attacks through. My attacks finally broke through Arthur on OM3. I flocked a Beakface onto the center point, ending the round unengaged, and I flocked the Warwitch adjacent to Sudema, denying the VP. Since I also held the north point unengaged, I got enough points for the win. Vydar 5, Shiftrex 2

Shiftrex killed 5 PKs, 4 Beakfaces, and the Clawfoot.

I killed, 3 PKs, Arthur and 1 Brigand.

Really good game, Shiftrex! I was fairly exasperated by how few of my attack rolls were going through most of the game. I felt like I was playing from behind for the majority of the game, about until I killed your last PK. You played a really wonky army really, really well.

2-0

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 19th, 2020, 04:37 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Was a good game, aside from my placement mistake with Otonashi I think I should have ignored the southern control point and forced a blood bath with Sudema and Fred which would have allowed Arthur to go up North vs less enemies.

Fred could have held a control point much better with autoshields.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events