Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 12th, 2014, 01:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
The Book of Masahiro Arashi

The Book of Masahiro Arashi

C3G CRUSADE WAVE 23
AROUND THE WORLD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #031-033 / Arashi.
Its model number and name are #211 / Masahiro Arashi.

Character Bio - In the past Masahiro Arashi was a Yakuza thug. He would leave behind a calling card with each murder he was sent to do: a coin engraved with the Japanese Kanji meaning death. He murdered the family of Ana Ishikawa when she was only a young girl, setting her on the path to becoming the warrior Shi. Eventually he became the head of a large corporation, Arashiyama International, and a Yakuza Oyabun, a leader of a Yakuza family. While respected on the outside, he keeps himself focused by regular sparring sessions with his Inner Guard, or finds criminals off the street to engage in single combat with.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - If Masahiro chooses a figure for Ruthless Command, but he is destroyed before the end of the round, do I still have to sacrifice one of my own figures if the chosen figure is still in play?
    A - No. Unless otherwise stated, all power effects stop working once all the figures on that card are destroyed. As soon as Masahiro is destroyed, his allies no longer receive the Attack die, but do not have to be destroyed at the end of the round.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Masahiro Arashi may activate a Yakuza, Ninja, or Assassin Hero or Squad with his Yakuza Oyabun special power. Current Yakuza include Masahiro Arashi. Current Ninja and Assassins.
  • Masahiro Arashi may boost the attack of a Yakuza, Ninja, or Assassin Hero with his Ruthless Command special power. Current Yakuza, Ninja and Assassins.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
24 February 2022 - Ruthless Command updated for start of round clarity

Last edited by Splash; August 8th, 2022 at 12:55 AM. Reason: synergy
Old June 12th, 2014, 01:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Masahiro Arashi ~~ Design Phase

NAME = MASAHIRO ARASHI
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = YAKUZA
PERSONALITY = PASSIONATE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

YAKUZA OYABUN
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn with Masahiro Arashi, you may choose any one Yakuza, Ninja, or Assassin Hero or squad you control and first take a turn with the chosen Hero or squad.

RUTHLESS COMMAND
After rolling for initiative, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero. For this round, all other Yakuza, Assassin, and Ninja Heroes you control add 1 to their Attack numbers when attacking the chosen Hero with a normal attack. At the end of the round, if the chosen Hero is not destroyed, you must destroy one other Yakuza, Assassin, or Ninja Hero you control.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Masahiro Arashi is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; February 11th, 2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: "Start of the round" update
Old June 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
...has moist legs

I'm pretty flexible on this design, especially with that last two powers. He's basically head of the Yakuza, and I have a squad of Yakuza planned, plus he hired Tomoe's band of assassins, so I want him to work with all of them, hence his first power.

Might be a while before I get to an initial, busy summer so far, so lots of time to hash it out.
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Mixed opinion on "Yakuza" as a class in general - I don't think there's much difference between a Japanese organized criminal and an American one. I don't see why this guy wouldn't interact with Kingpin, so to speak.

Powers overall look fine from what little I know of the character.
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Mixed opinion on "Yakuza" as a class in general - I don't think there's much difference between a Japanese organized criminal and an American one. I don't see why this guy wouldn't interact with Kingpin, so to speak.

Powers overall look fine from what little I know of the character.
What they do is similar, but they would never interact with one another. The Yakuza are very family-oriented (Kind of like the Mafia), much more closely-knit than Kingpin who works with anyone and everyone.

Plus I don't really want more Criminal synergies, much rather have a little niche that works with Assassins and such than Criminals.
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I definitely see the logic and agree with avoiding more strands in the Criminal web. I don't mind Yakuza as a one-off class, for him, but as a new class with synergy I'm not as much a fan. Maybe go with "Enforcer" rather then Yakuza there? So far we only have Firebrand (who wouldn't hurt for some synergy) and the LexCorp Security (who would work better with Order Markers on their card). And the Yakuza Enforcer would make sense as an Enforcer as well.
Old June 12th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I suspect his points are a little low (I see him keeping pace with Batman (I) as written up, especially taking the bonding into account). No idea on the theme. The mechanics all seem clear enough. You'll have to make sure none of that bonding is too fierce as that's potentially an eclectic group of partners for him.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2014, 05:41 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I got no issues with it, generally but I think 5/5 attack/defense might be a little high. Otherwise looks good to me. I like both choices for the personality & might lean a little more to Passionate.
Old June 12th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

How powerful is this guy? Is he just a normal human? If so, 6/1/5/5 stats seem high, especially with the chance to get to 6 Attack and Defense pretty easily if he's facing squads or weak heroes.

Powers look good otherwise, though I agree with johnny in that I'd prefer not to go with 'Yakuza' if it's only going to be used for one or two figures.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 13th, 2014, 09:04 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about Ruthless Counterstrike (and a drop of 1 defense) in place of vanilla Counterstrike? Given that the Yakuza are pretty ruthless (even tO their own if they fail), it would be kind of neat to have them in the same vein as Samurai but more vicious.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 14th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
How powerful is this guy? Is he just a normal human? If so, 6/1/5/5 stats seem high, especially with the chance to get to 6 Attack and Defense pretty easily if he's facing squads or weak heroes.
I was wondering the same thing, he's just a normal human right?
Old June 18th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

If you consider the Yakuza to be normal humans...

As written, I'm reading that Battle Focus would stack and would also trigger if a figure is destroyed by him via Counter Strike.

OM1 Opponent's squad figure destroyed via Counter Strike. Now A/D = 6
OM1 Arashi destroys opponent's figure. Now A/D = 7
OM2 Opponent's squad figure destroyed via Counter Strike. Now A/D = 8
OM2 Arashi destroys opponent's figure. Now A/D = 9
OM3 Opponent's squad figure destroyed via Counter Strike. Now A/D = 10
OM3 Arashi kicks anybody's butt with A=10 + bonuses

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; June 18th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library