Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 8th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Mr.Scape Goes to The World

Well, for those of you who listened to the podcast, you heard the suggestion of the podcasters. We need to go out to companies we think are capable of maintaining this game, and show our 110% support. I have created this thread as a sort of list thread, which will follow into a bigger progression for communicating with other companies. Instead of a poll, I have instead allowed the community to give the names of companies they would like to see hold the rights of Heroscape. Below is a small list I have started. Anyone else that has a possible company, and I am sure you all do. Share them. Once we find out the best companies to pick up Heroscape, we would need to send a large, organized, and supportive petition to them for the purchase of Heroscape.

1.Fantasy Flight Games
2.Days of Wonder
3.Mattel
4.Bandai
5.Academy Games
6.Rio Grande Games
7.Mayfair
8.Steven Jackson Games

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Last edited by GromBloodboy; November 9th, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:22 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Mr.Scape Goes to The World

I don't see Days of Wonder, who just sold off the successful Battle Lore so they could concentrate on Memoir 44, suddenly doing a 180 and taking on a huge new project at this time.
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, but their still a prospect. I would rather leave options open then close them based on history. What do you suggest?

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:25 AM

fat_rabbit Woo who?

Fantasy Flight Games was and still is my first option!
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:39 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

If any of them i choose FFG. Bandai is full of fail and Matel is a subsidary of hasbro just like WOTC is.
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Matel is a subsidary of hasbro just like WOTC is.
I think you are confusing Milton Bradley (which is) with Mattel (which is not).

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

1.Fantasy Flight Games - Ruled out in the pod cast as a previous suitor.
2.Days of Wonder - very cash strapped right now, so not a chance.
3.Mattel - While they are huge and have the stuff they are Hasbro's main competition. Most of their product is aimed at younger kid through big box stores. I just don't see this happening.
4.Bandai - Heavens no the the Hasbro of WotC of Japan.
5.Academy Games - this is a quality gaming company buy way to small to tackle scape.

After listening to the podcast and doing my own research and making a couple of calls to FLGS owners I know only 2 companies fit the bill Rio Grande Games and Mayfair Games, with Privateer Press the meeting most but not all of the criteria presented.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
1.Fantasy Flight Games - Ruled out in the pod cast as a previous suitor.
2.Days of Wonder - very cash strapped right now, so not a chance.
3.Mattel - While they are huge and have the stuff they are Hasbro's main competition. Most of their product is aimed at younger kid through big box stores. I just don't see this happening.
4.Bandai - Heavens no the the Hasbro of WotC of Japan.
5.Academy Games - this is a quality gaming company buy way to small to tackle scape.

After listening to the podcast and doing my own research and making a couple of calls to FLGS owners I know only 2 companies fit the bill Rio Grande Games and Mayfair Games, with Privateer Press the meeting most but not all of the criteria presented.

I'll back all three of these choices and throw in Wizkids if they drop the Diamond/Alliance exclusive as rumored.
.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Company is:
  • Large domestic company
  • International dealings
  • Board game company more than miniature company
  • Do make minis although not necessarily for wargames
  • Not FFG or one of suiters mentioned before his 1st post
My guess is or Steve Jackson Games or Mattel. Mayfair or Rio Grande are possibilities but I do not think they have minis. McFarlane Toys or Kenner are possibilities but they don't really have games. I would hate to see if Wizkids or Games Worksop got it but they are possibilities.
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I don't see Days of Wonder, who just sold off the successful Battle Lore so they could concentrate on Memoir 44, suddenly doing a 180 and taking on a huge new project at this time.
First I should state that all I know about Memoir 44 is that it is played on hexes, and the thumbnails on BGG make me think of Heroscape until I look closely. Would they maybe be interested in buying Heroscape only to get their hands on the terrain?
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:11 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
First I should state that all I know about Memoir 44 is that it is played on hexes, and the thumbnails on BGG make me think of Heroscape until I look closely. Would they maybe be interested in buying Heroscape only to get their hands on the terrain?
This last bit has been speculated quite a bit, and it's truly the part that worries me. All the grand hope of someone buying the property would lead to an even bigger let-down than the property remaining stagnant.

I've always been quite optimistic concerning this game's future, but I find little to be happy about in the past week's disappointing events. Note, I did not say I find nothing to be happy about. I still will enjoy playing the game, will devote more time to making customs, and might even try my hand at sculpting/molding.

As for the options listed so far, I'd like to see Fantasy Flight Games take over the property. I wish we had some solid numbers on production costs and profit-per-unit sold. Just to have an idea of which companies can viably produce the minis, of course.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Catalyst who owns Battletech which is a miniature hex based board game. Though I am not sure they have the capital, would be a nice fit though, they could really use the terrain. Battletech is of interest mainly because its rights went from FASA(1984) to Wiz Kids(2000), who completely changed the game, to Catalyst (2003?) who changed the game back to the original rules and is looking better then ever. What was great was the fact that many people continued to play original Battletech through the Wiz Kids era. It gives me some hope that HS will someday pull a phoenix... peace

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News