Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 20th, 2018, 08:36 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (PUBLIC PLAYTESTING)

I'll also hand over my Pre-Yea for Final Editing. I really did enjoy this guy.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 20th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The problem is that the longer you wait the higher the chance he gets destroyed before you get to use him and also there are fewer targets and they are most likely more spread out. To have any chance of getting a good explosion you have to use him early.
That's what I'm saying, though - from what I can gather that style of gameplay doesn't really fit the character. It feels like the design fits his powers fine, but misses his personality completely in order to get a design that feels like a suicide bomber. I hate bringing it up this late, but it's just occurred to me that the present gameplay is deeply thematically questionable.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old July 20th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

There are definitely factions within the Mutant community that want Bailey to just blow up. To me, it's not like he's super min-maxed for that. If he were a 200-point figure min-maxed for SZ bombing, that would be one thing. But because he's at a throw-in price point, I'm okay with it. He isn't costly enough to be excluded from builds that are willing to keep him in reserve.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old July 20th, 2018, 11:47 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know anything about the character at all so I can't comment on his specific theme, but you can't regulate how people choose to play their figures. In the format of a game, the tactics are going to be different than the tactics used in a comic book story. The story takes place over days or even weeks, the game takes place in hour or less. So his cowardliness or self preservation instincts have played out over the week leading up to the 'final showdown' that is our game. At that point the sacrifice is made to save his friends, or the world, or whatever reason he uses to justify him blowing up in that one issue of the comics.

Or maybe in our cross over crazy story line, finding himself allied with some different characters leads to different decisions. A new character he meets that wasn't in his limited comic book story arc has a profound impact on him, leading him to decide acting like a suicide bomber is a good idea. Maybe it was a good guy who gave him a heroic pep talk, maybe it was a bad guy who manipulated him into it, maybe he instantly falls in love with a DC character and wants to show him/her just how much he loves him/her? C3G is telling a new story with characters you already know, those characters grow and change as part of that new story.
Old July 21st, 2018, 06:35 AM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks a ton for the tests Scapey! I'm really glad you enjoyed him. After I get back on track with testing, I'll be sure to pump a bunch out for you guys, as a thank you. I was expecting to test him myself, but you guys signed up then completed them so quickly. Thank you.

As for the theme of the quick bombing, I'm with YK. People are gonna play him as they see fit. You could just as easily use him for cleanup end game if you are willing to protect him with Shadowcat or Beat Cops. He is gonna be effective in groups of people and that tends to be most likely to occur in the beginning. The themes I wanted to hit were: single one-time power, glass jaw, and a poor teammate. In a life or death battle, there is no reason to assume Bailey wouldn't take it upon himself to save his friends.
Old July 21st, 2018, 11:11 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Thanks a ton for the tests Scapey! I'm really glad you enjoyed him. After I get back on track with testing, I'll be sure to pump a bunch out for you guys, as a thank you. I was expecting to test him myself, but you guys signed up then completed them so quickly. Thank you.

As for the theme of the quick bombing, I'm with YK. People are gonna play him as they see fit. You could just as easily use him for cleanup end game if you are willing to protect him with Shadowcat or Beat Cops. He is gonna be effective in groups of people and that tends to be most likely to occur in the beginning. The themes I wanted to hit were: single one-time power, glass jaw, and a poor teammate. In a life or death battle, there is no reason to assume Bailey wouldn't take it upon himself to save his friends.
Yeah plus as only 50 point you can fish it holding him back...sort of a press your luck vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 01:19 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd say you're good to wrap this up if you want Lobs.

Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:01 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok then. I propose a vote to move to final editing.
@Arkham - YEA
@japes - YEA
@johnny139 -
@Ronin - YEA
@SirGalahad
@Spidey'tilIDie -
@Tornado - YEA
@Yodaking - YEA
@Scapemage - YEA

Last edited by L0B5T3R; July 23rd, 2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (VOTE FOR FINAL EDITING)

On a roll! A Lobster Roll!

I crack me up.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:07 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

I've gotta admit to losing track of this design a little bit. Gonna try and get caught up and review the results, but I wanted to see if the CRB had thoughts on where he landed.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:35 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea as long as the CRB are satisfied.

Old July 23rd, 2018, 02:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library