Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:19 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Trex's card creations :3-01-16 LOTR Legolas and Gimli

Those are some sweet customs you've got! I think you're doing a good job of capturing the theme of the characters without making them OP (I especially like Berserker Charge on Gimli). And those card templates are gorgeous!

Looking at them, I think there is one thing that may need clarification on Gimli's Fearless Rage Special Attack; if he wounds himself does he still get to attack again? I would assume no, but since he is technically wounding a figure I think it would be beneficial to have the clarification in there (you could just make it "another figure" or even "an opponent's figure").

Overall, good job!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 3rd, 2016, 10:11 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I love your Legolas card! He would need some playtesting, but I think your ideas are great.
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks for looking guys. I am still currently play testing Legolas and Gimli. I am tweaking as I go. @BiggaBullfrog , I'll check out the wording on Gimli's Fearless Rage. I was thinking since he didn't roll an attack and wounded himself, he could not attack again. I am up for any suggestions on better wording though. The Theme on a character is what brings it to life, and thats what I hope to accomplish with my revised customs. Thanks for the kind words. @Porkins , thanks for the kind words. You subscribing to my thread is props on its own. I hope to keep putting out decent stuff. Thanks, @White Knight . Trying to churn out thematic, fun, middle earth cards was what I wanted to try to help with at HOME awhile back. I guess my customs thread will do. I noticed the other day when printing out some of these cards, they look great on photo paper, but the faction names are kind of small. They may need bumped up a little bit. @adoney , I still look forward to any other summaries of my cards from you.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 5th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oops haha...somehow I forgot...will do that after I shower.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 5th, 2016, 12:36 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Gimli is mostly there. I’d say he’s more of a tank…so 6 life would be appropriate to try and help with his slow move…b/c honestly…how many times do you really roll Berzerker Charge with the vikings?…not too often. So you might even make it more of a versatile special by upping the charge to 13 or above…upping the life to 6 and then b/c of that upping the point value to probably 140. With that I think he’d be more of a tank. BUT to keep him from being too over powered you could make his Fearless Rage a little more potent by saying

If Gimli wounds a figure using Fearless Rage Special Attack, he may attack Again using Fearless Rage Special Attack. When using Fearless Rage Special Attack, if Gimli does not roll at least one skull, place one wound on this army card, and Gimli’s turn ends

what do you think?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 5th, 2016, 12:57 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like the suggestion for the SA, I have been testing gimli mainly with my Zombie Survival mode. I have a new idea based on your suggestion for gimlis SA. The other one just didn't quite do it for me. Hows this:
Quote:
Fearless Rage Special
Attack 3 Range 1
After using Fearless Rage Special Attack, If Gimli rolled at least one skull, He may attack again using Fearless Rage Special Attack. If Gimli does not roll at least one skull, place one wound on this army card, and Gimli’s turn ends.
This would allow him to keep hacking away until he basically overextends himself. I'm not sure on the other suggestions yet. He has been quite a tank with his 5 lifes and 4 defense so far. I'm sure to look into it after play testing him with his new SA deviation. Thanks for getting my brain turning. While testing him, it felt that he wasn't quite on.

Old March 5th, 2016, 09:53 AM

I do prefer that special the way you've changed it. Much more simple and I think it fits! Man your getting me excited! I never use LOTR b/c the heroes have always been made so OP...and I was too lazy to work on it myself...but you've done a great job so far and are headed in the right direction...once the cards are finished and ready I'm going to print them off so I can use them in normal gameplay. And you've been play testing so I think you've got a pretty good idea where he's at. That special might just do it for him though...keeping him as is with everything else will keep him from being OP. I'm interested to see how the play test goes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 5th, 2016, 11:11 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the card templates you are using they are gorgeous!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 5th, 2016, 11:32 AM
"like" happy

@adoney, I will update Gimli when I get home from work today. I do a ton of play testing with the HOSS team, that has really given me a decent knack for point value and keeping them from power creep. @William099, After I get all the details just perfect on the cards, I will be putting the Blanks for all of them up for everyone to use, and thanks for the kind words. I took a Hoss card blank, dissected it in photoshop, and added all my own textures and mods to make it work for what I needed. Eventually I will be making custom templates for all my little "off" custom projects and posting the blanks for others to enjoy.

Old March 7th, 2016, 03:12 AM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's card creations :3-07-16 LOTR Legolas and Gimli

Removed Cards

Last edited by TREX; March 31st, 2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old March 7th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

How extensive do you plan to go with your Lord of the Rings customs? I ask, because I see you've made new generals for your cards, with Gandalf and Stryder part of the Shire. That doesn't seem right to me.

In HoME, we were planning on expanding to include all of Middle Earth. Here is the post where we placed all planned figures into the Classic generals.

Here is a post where we suggested some new generals.

We did not deviate much from the Classic generals format because some members felt very strongly about remaining compatible. There are probably better ways to group the figures, but I definitely thought it better to think "big picture" rather than focus exclusively on Lord of the Rings. Maybe my lists will give you some ideas for your generals.
Old March 7th, 2016, 03:14 PM
"like" happy

@White Knight , With the exception of Gandalf and stryder(not sure where to place them), most of the characters fit into one of my general molds. Gandalf is kind of a wanderer that just seems to help out different folks that doesn't really belong anywhere in particular. Stryder the same until later when he helps rohan then gondor. I don't want to put them with classic scape generals. When I play test them, they will be compatible with regular heroscape, just not have the same generals. Amongst the generals I have came up with, Where do you suppose I place gandalf and Aragorn(Ranger)? King aragorn will go with Gondor. As far as how extensive I go with the LOTR characters. I plan on making cards for all my homeless figures first, which are many of the main characters. Then after all my homeless are taken care of, I'll probably do as many as I can get figures for. Probably finish out the main characters first. I appreciate the feedback. I really just want to get balanced, fun, LOTR figures onto my game table.
EDIT: fixed, Aragorn will be gondor, Gandalf will be Maia.

Last edited by TREX; March 7th, 2016 at 04:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards