Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:05 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bacchus' Maps & Scenarios

Well met!

This looks a lot like the kind of map chas would build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post

The basic win condition is victory points, attained at the end of a round by having a unit standing on or or adjacent to a wellspring (the water surrounded by raised hexes) without being engaged or an opponents figure also in the same wellspring. I was thinking somewhere between 5 and 10 points, but that may differ depending on the number of players.

Start zones - I don't think I will have specific start zones; I'm thinking that once a player places his first unit anywhere, all further units have to be adjacent, but units can't be placed on glyphs or wellsprings.

So if you were playing on this map, which wellspring would you want to obtain first? Then where would you head? Which seems easiest? Your feedback can help me fix any areas that aren't so balanced. I've also got a couple of trees and a 1-hex rock outcrop left, so any thoughts on where they could go to help with any line of sight problems would also help. I also have some extra tiles for some extra height here and there.

Thanks.
Does the lack of Start Zones mean this is being played as Heat of Battle? If so, I'd go for the highest points first - especially the Wellspring that is on Dungeon terrain on the upper left of the map shown. I'd draft some units to take advantage of the Castle Walkway near the left-hand bridge, too. If I had control of both of these, I'd then focus on controlling the upper left-hand quadrant of the map. As cool as they may look, both of these terrain features skew the scenario in favor of flyers -especially the Castle Walkway. The Dungeon height can be gotten around if one focuses on the rest of the map, but the Castle Walkway is too centrally located to ignore. You could maintain these features, without the excessive height, by replacing the Pillars with 2-3 levels of normal terrain. In an early version of Out of the Swamp!, I had a number of Towers and quite a bit of Pillar-supported height.

In the final version, while there are still height variations, eschewing Pillars makes drafting flyers less advantageous, while preserving the Castle Walkway/Battlement coolness.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios