Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old June 17th, 2017, 02:09 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BoV Map Tier List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I'm not sure I buy the premise here. For a tournament, it's not whether individual maps are great or not, but about the selection overall. If they're all more range-friendly than average, that's fine---bring guns. If there's a spread of different types, you need a more balanced army, or take your chances. Etc.

That said, I love both Fire Isles and Turret Rocks, and am always happy to see Mole Hills too.
I've been (for awhile) under the impression that the typical tournament setting and standards regarding maps should encourage a variety of army types to be viable and able to succeed - all-melee, range-heavy, turtling, swarming, offensive/rush, etc. Of course different formats vary, but when I think tournament or competitive play I think this.

I will absolutely say it's always vital to view and analyze the map pool before going into a tournament, and be very aware of it when picking your army.
Old June 24th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tier 1: Multiples good or excellent games on it, never had any problem.
Tier 2: Had only good games on them, but not enough data to put them Tier 1, or has some minor flaws.
Tier 3: Had some bad/problematic games on it.

(I'm judging only the maps I played).

Tier 1:
Bad Moon Rising
Flash Fire
Highways and Dieways
Invasion
Quasatch Playground
Stygian Rift
Ticalla Sunrise

Tier 2:
Badru Valley
Can't See the Jungle
Dance of the Dryads
Fire Isles
Fossil
Fulcrum
Hot Heights
Sidewinder

Tier 3:
Black Root
Sirocco

Old October 7th, 2018, 12:28 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Just revisited this thread. Some great discussion.
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:32 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

We like having you around, Typhon. I'd love to see some new maps out of you, or even some customs (if you could get Sertorius to join you).

And yes, this thread is a good one.
Old October 7th, 2018, 05:42 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
We like having you around, Typhon. I'd love to see some new maps out of you, or even some customs (if you could get Sertorius to join you).

And yes, this thread is a good one.
Awww, thanks Superfrog. That made my day.

Huge thanks to you, OrcElfArmyOne, Xotli, and the many others who are helping keep the spark alive.

There's nothing I'd like more than to take a few days off and spend them entirely on new maps!

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 7th, 2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old October 7th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Keep up the good work! You and Mad Wookie are my two favorite map designers, I always have high hopes when playing your maps. I'm hoping to be able to test some others of yours out next summer when I have time again.

Also, this thread needs updating for a few maps as well as links; after this week my schedule should free up, so I'll get on that.
Old October 8th, 2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Keep up the good work! You and Mad Wookie are my two favorite map designers, I always have high hopes when playing your maps. I'm hoping to be able to test some others of yours out next summer when I have time again.

Also, this thread needs updating for a few maps as well as links; after this week my schedule should free up, so I'll get on that.
Thanks for the kind words OEAO -- made my day.

Looking forward to seeing your updates too. I'm betting Draugur will make Tier One?!
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the kind words OEAO -- made my day.

Looking forward to seeing your updates too. I'm betting Draugur will make Tier One?!
Yeah, Draugur at Tier 1 and Burial Marsh at Tier 3 are the first changes to be made.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Draugur at Tier 1 and Burial Marsh at Tier 3 are the first changes to be made.
Oh, so Burial Marsh is moving down?
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, my opinion now is that it is really not very good. About 4 posts down here is where I lay out my problems with it.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, my opinion now is that it is really not very good. About 4 posts down here is where I lay out my problems with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios