Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 25th, 2023, 10:00 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Guardians of the Galaxy

Thanks! They don't get as much play as my Knockback rule, but a superhero minis game wouldn't feel complete to me without some method for throwing cars around.
Old March 22nd, 2023, 07:55 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Captain America

I put some work into a somewhat overdue addition to the Shermanverse, Captain America:

I've been playing with the original Hasbro Cap for as long as I've been playing Heroscape, and I always thought the card was an excellent translation of the character. I had some personal nitpicks with the old guy, but they were so small that I was perfectly happy integrating him into my games while I concentrated on making customs for new characters. Now that I'm done buying new supers minis to add to my collection though, I figured it was finally time to address my nitpicks and work on designing my own version of Cap.

I changed Shield Throw SA from a copy of Nilfheim's SA to a nerfed copy of Quahon's SA. The original power was a solid representation of Cap throwing his shield back when it came out, but Quahon's SA is more accurate to what he does in the comics. I nerfed the SA to 3 dice because I always thought 4 Attack on the Shield Throw was a little on the high side. I also bumped his Move from 5 to 6 because if the Krav Maga and Sgt. Drake can move 6 spaces, a super soldier who's the peak of human physical ability should be able to as well.
Old March 24th, 2023, 09:29 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks awesome Sherman. I've always thought Cap should have had 6 move as well. The SA is a nice thematic improvement over the original too. Losing 1 die from the SA could necessitate dropping his points slightly, but I wouldn't have any issues drafting him as he is.
Old March 24th, 2023, 02:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Does 'affect' mean 'does not damage' for the SA?
So you can bounce the shield off a DO it just does not damage it?
Old March 24th, 2023, 06:45 PM

It means Shield Throw cannot target a destructible object, either as the primary or secondary target. It's the same language as used in the Blue Wyrmling, which we in C3V then adopted for Quahon. Presumably the language exists to prevent the attacker from attacking a figure on the opposite side of the Fortress Door or Breakable Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Losing 1 die from the SA could necessitate dropping his points slightly, but I wouldn't have any issues drafting him as he is.
Funny you should say that; I had an initial draft of this Cap at 210 points, but ended up playtesting him at 200. One of my goals with this card was to make a Cap that is a little less powerful than the A-ranked official card, who is basically the Major Q9 of Marvelscape. I was aiming for something along the lines of an A-/B+ card, which is how he has felt so far. Queglix Gun is generally superior to Shield Throw, with a longer range and the ability to attack a target more than once. Q-Gun is also a less swingy attack, for better and for worse. Defensively the two are evenly matched, although I would give Q9 a slight edge there with his extra defense die (not to mention his Soulborg immunities). Cap is superior in terms of mobility and miscellaneous powers, as well as having "can opener" potential with his normal melee attack. Overall I feel this Cap and Q9 are roughly on par with each other, but hopefully the 20 extra points should nudge Cap down to that A-/B+ target.
Old March 25th, 2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
It's the same language as used in the Blue Wyrmling, which we in C3V then adopted for Quahon. Presumably the language exists to prevent the attacker from attacking a figure on the opposite side of the Fortress Door or Breakable Wall.
On second thought, I don't think this is correct. The real reason for the language is likely the fact that you can't draw clear sight or line of sight from a destructible object, since DOs don't have target points.
Old March 25th, 2023, 11:15 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Even staring at the back of his head I could tell he had the proud smile of young boy who just scored his first date. He was happy with his current success without realizing that awkward moments of fumbling and fear were creeping up in his near future.

"Don't turn around just yet, Sherm," I said in a slow steady voice.

"Uh, is that you Mr. Helm?" he asked, "I haven't seen you in a ..."

"I thought we were on the same team, Sherm?" I continued, "but then you go and mess with a Hasbro original classic."

He was silent. I could tell he wasn't sure what he needed to say to avoid imminent pain. I let the cold chill crawl over his skin for a while before breaking the silence.

"When I go to a hotel and open the top drawer of the night stand, I expect to see a bound book with ten Heroscape cards in it. Each of them is unchanged every time I check the book. What makes you think you can make edits to my holy book?", I asked.

Again there was silence.

"You can answer now," I stated.

"Um, uhh, well, um..." he stuttered.

The silence was back so I made sure he heard the click of the switchblade as it jumped out in my hand.

"Um, well, don't worry Mr. Helm," he offered, "I would never change the REAL Captain America, no, no, no. This here is the 1950's version that was later explained as a different person substituting in as the Super Soldier since he was lost in the ice."

I lowered the knife back into it's holder and placed it back in my pocket.

"Good answer Sherm, good answer".

By the time he turned around I was already gone. I never really saw if he had soiled his pants.
Old March 26th, 2023, 10:31 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I forgot the original was 220. I think -20 pts is good.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:26 PM

@Matt Helm

Brilliant, but where were you when I made customs for most of the other original Marvelscape figures? You owe me a few more chapters of your writing, bub.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What’s Hasbro?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 26th, 2023, 06:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

"Owe" you? That would imply that my writings have some sort of value. I'd like to visit that corner of the multiverse where that's the truth.

And for Mr. Wayne, Hasbro is a company that was relevant back in prehistoric times. You'd need a time machine to know what I'm talking about.
Old March 26th, 2023, 06:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I try not to mess with the natural laws of the universe like that

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations