Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: I think Mogrimm is best in an army with:
Roman Legionares 2 9.09%
Axegrinders of Burning Forge 20 90.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 17th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker
Mogrimm: Romans or Dwarves?

Mogrimm Forgehammer is one of the few heroes that can bond with two different squads. So, in your opinion, which one is he best played with?
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mogrimm: Romans or Dwarves?

Both!

I would say the Dwarves because of their awsome abilities.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I voted Axegrinders. I think they compliment his weakness against specials quite nicely; many of the figures Mogrimm fears the most are the same ones that the Dwarves eat for breakfast. I don't feel the same with the Romans; they still lack heavy firepower to take down those dragons, and Mogrimm isn't really the answer to that. One point in favor of the Romans, however, is that with 4 (potential) defense, they might last longer adjacent to enemy figs, allowing for more Commander Strike opportunities.
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Themeatically, the dwarves. The romans are great units, but they must be kept together in order to get the full use of their powers. Plus, if Mogrimm ever dies the Dwarves can still get benefits from their bonding ability by being able to move an extra 2 spaces, whereas the romans get lose their bonuses when their warlord dies. Unless, of course, you had another warlord in your army. I'd much rather team the Romans up with Marcus Decimus Gallus, or even Valguard.
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm intrigued by:

3xLegion 150
MeBurqSa 50
Mogrimm 120
Q9 180
500/17

Early OMs on the Legion use MeBurqSa as a skirmisher on the edge. After the Legion has developed a shield wall, Q9 threatens. Additional melee OMs on the Legion are supported by Mogrimm. It means sacrificing Marcus and the +1 move he provides, but it's a way to combine very powerful melee and range components into a single army.

Having said that, I'm also very interested in:

3xABF 210
Mogrimm 120
Darrak 60
AE 110
500/18

Featuring weaker ranged support, the melee component is stronger, board control is easier and the vulnerability to explosion attacks disappears. It sacrifices some sturdiness for some flexibility.

~Aldin, on both sides of the question

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion