Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Jean Grey C3G X-Men Master Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you killed her and she could come back Thanos-style but as Phoenix.
That was the original concept, but alas, things change.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, if we decide to do something like that in the future, the powers will be detailed completely on the Phoenix card. This might be something that happens in ala cart ... I went and purchased that darn Phoenix figure, so I'm going to want a card for her sooner rather than later.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

The green one or the massive on fire one?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The green one. I'm not crazy enough to spend that much.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:58 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm sure I'm going to get ripped for this at this point, but doesn't having Magneto and Jean being produced at the same time with the Throw powers kind of take away from each other?

I know the Spidey/Venow mirror image thing works but in this case, with the throw factor, it just seems to make such a fun element become redundant.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a better suggested fix as of yet and I love the Psionic Grip as a counter to Magneto's ability. I'm just not sold on Telekinetic Throw.

Maybe a Special Attack that then moves people much like Throw or Knockback does, or a mind control that just makes another figure attack his own without moving. I don't know, just thinking out loud as I try to catch up with all the creations I've missed recently.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:01 AM

Well, Jean's should function differently (higher roll required, and only one throw per turn, and no restrictions on using other powers along with it). Also, as a telepath, Jean will have synergies Magneto doesn't, and her lower cost will allow her to fit in with a Professor X army more fluidly.
Sure, they'll have one similar power, but when a power fits, it fits. I don't think we should force a power on to a card just to make the custom feel more different. Just like Spidey and Venom play plenty different, I'm confident Magneto and Jean Grey will.

Old February 12th, 2010, 04:54 AM

JEAN GREY

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
TELEPATH
MERCIFUL
MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 180?

TELEKINETIC THROW 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one small or medium destructible object or figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Jean Grey. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Jean Grey. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may throw the chosen object or figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the object or figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 1 wound. The thrown object or figure does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.

PSIONIC GRIP 12
Any time a Destructible Object or a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Jean Grey would be moved by an opponent's figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Jean Grey. If you roll a 12 or higher, the Destructible Object or figure may not be moved.

How's this look? I think the powers are good (slight tweaks based on Magneto) ... we need to figure out initial cost for sure ... are we ready to move her on?

Old February 12th, 2010, 05:08 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

At 150 points and I am voting yes for playtesting!
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM

Well, good, because I think that's the best cost for her, and I'm proposing we move Jean Grey to playtesting! (And that's already two votes in favor)

Old February 12th, 2010, 06:57 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

OK, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we listing Jean as a Telepath? Shouldn't she have at least one Telepathic ability if we are? I mean currently her powers are Telekinetic in nature, not Telepathic. Sorry, if this makes me a party pooper.

EDIT: Also, while keeping in mind I am no expert at costing figures, I do realize that she is a weaker version of Magneto to an extent. Is she so weak that she is only worth half as much?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

Old February 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
OK, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we listing Jean as a Telepath? Shouldn't she have at least one Telepathic ability if we are? I mean currently her powers are Telekinetic in nature, not Telepathic. Sorry, if this makes me a party pooper.
She is being boosted by Telepaths in both of her Special Abilities, besides "Telekinetic" doesn't sound very good for a Class. Also, with future Telepathic powers and synergies that are likely to develop in the future, I would hate for her to be left out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
EDIT: Also, while keeping in mind I am no expert at costing figures, I do realize that she is a weaker version of Magneto to an extent. Is she so weak that she is only worth half as much?
Her range sucks, she doesn't have that awesome Defensive ability that Magneto has, she doesn't have flying, she doesn't have SuperStrength, and her Throw is more difficult to pull off, not to mention she can only throw once per turn where Mags can throw twice per turn. So Yes, to answer your question, she is half the man.. "ahem" mutant that Magneto is.
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

This will evidently be the early years Jean Grey because when she was with X-Factor, she could fly and was a pretty powerful telekinetic.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library