Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Just ask the DnD community.

This set doesn't effect their game as much as it does ours.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1009 View Post
In fact, it doesn't affect their game at all, really.
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

And it doesn't affect ours really either since these new D&D figs have cards that are made for Scape by Scape players.

If you want to know what they think just go to their forums and read their threads....there is little or no mention of it because it doesn't matter to them.
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:47 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post

I think you just want to b***h about another DnD thread.
Since when have you known me not to ***** about something I want to ***** about straight out?

PS since we were on the subject of Star Wars collectors....if you are one and have a little kid you need to get them one of these...

Warning: It smeels pretty bad inside but it will keep them from freezing to death.

Last edited by Onacara; October 8th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Who cares what they think about it? It has no bearing on the game for us....they are making Heroscape figures using DnD characters. No one had to run and ask comic book fans what they thought of MarvelScape. Two things that are different but share a name have nothing really to do with each other.
That's a fact, big man.

Quote:
People who play Star Wars Minis don't care about Star Wars CCG or the folding Star Wars spaceships game for the most part.

I think you're talking out of turn, to some degree, here. I played SWMinis, and I played the Pocketmodels game too, as well as the Starship Battles game. I think the key difference here is the "I like Minis" and "I like CCGs", rather than "I like Star Wars" or "I don't like Star Wars".

With the RPG aspect thrown in the mix, there's a different element here entirely. RPGers are a different animal than miniatures gamers, as are CCG gamers different from both other genres.

It's difficult to judge how D&D RPGers would react, just as D&D minis players may react differently. I suspect that in the end, as you said in your first statement, it makes absolutely no difference. It's all much ado about nothing.

Me, I look at this: Cool new terrain, cool new rules that apply to the terrain. No downside. D&D be damned, to me, it's just another terrain expansion that happens to have some swashbuckling dungeoneers inside, and the fact that there's a D&D logo on the front doesn't hurt my feelings in any way. Personally, I'd love to mow down some more Elf Fodder with Q9 anyhow!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:19 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
And it doesn't affect ours really either since these new D&D figs have cards that are made for Scape by Scape players.
Mind if I direct you to the Marvelscape portion of the forums? This small master set has definitely had an impact on our community and it wasn't even perfectly mixed in with "classic" HS. These DnD figures are going to become totally mixed with 2 confirmed waves to follow.

May I point out some labels? WOTC put DnD on the box, this is a clear indication that WOTC is looking for DnD player's opinions (better defined as money). If WOTC cares what the DnD opinion is then why shouldn't we?

Taking the point I already made... DnD and HS are both minis games from the same company. Running their profits against each other is plain stupid. We are already seeing major cross over with the DnD set(s).

It affects us.

Can I ask you all to stop whining and make a comment directed at me with some facts in tow about how DnD has absolutely no effect on how HS? The posts I quoted hold absolutely no logic. Please, stop dancing on your opinion and tell me why. I think I've presented a reasonable thought process as to why the DnD community matters in this, if you are so confident in why HS has its own little world in the minis community then tell me why.

You realize that this wasn't even the point of this thread in the first place right? I made this thread in an attempt to find the opinion of another community who's label has appeared on our box*. I meant to do this a friendly manner, but all of your constant talk of "they don't matter" is only going to turn off future scapers.

*According to you this label was totally random and has no bearing on anything. Please explain why.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Who cares what they think about it? It has no bearing on the game for us....they are making Heroscape figures using DnD characters. No one had to run and ask comic book fans what they thought of MarvelScape. Two things that are different but share a name have nothing really to do with each other.

People who play Star Wars Minis don't care about Star Wars CCG or the folding Star Wars spaceships game for the most part.
On the one hand, I agree. Who cares what "they" think? At the same time is there really a monolithic D&D community? It doesn't matter in the long run.

BUT

At the end of the day a favorable response by D&D only players could have a huge impact on Heroscape. How many of them just need to try it to get hooked and buy the product? I'm sure there are plenty. With new dungeon terrain, and a little bit of a D&D hook, it might be the catalyst in getting a whole lot more Heroscape customers. It won't do jack for D&D, but it could work wonders for Heroscape.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
With all the "you got your chocolate in my penutbutter," whining and apples to oranges comparisons, it's nice to see somebody (GreenLanturn) saying, "let's make lemonade."
So tell us, GreenLanturn, how do you plan on making lemonade out of apples, oranges, chocolate, and peanut butter?

Seriously though, if it's true that most of them haven't even heard about it, I see no reason why we shouldn't bring this up on their forums. You never know, they might actually like the game. It would offer them a quick D&D game for when they don't have time for a full on dungeon crawl, and unlike D&D (presumably) it works fairly well with two players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Well when I started this thread I told myself to take it slowly, there is no need to rush. As someone already mentioned I'm some months behind the wave of "breaking news", and honestly I think it's better that way than if I brought it up the day we heard about it. I'll probably wait a day or so to actually make the thread over there. Their forums doesn't seem to include an area where I could ask this though, so I'm still deciding.

I've changed my mind about a few things since posting this thread. First I won't be leaving a link to our sight; a certain few people that could be called "noob crushers" would kill any interest in our game if they came straight here. Simply asking what the general opinion is about this pair seems to be the right way to go. Those who are interested will seek out this sight and maybe pick up some HS stuff to test it out (perfect right? I know!).

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM
has been BANNED

GL you would be surprised at how many D&D people already know about our game and choose not to play it because its "not D&D"

As far as the other comment that was made about them wanting to play a "quicker game" because they don't have time for a long drawn out crawl...I would venture to guess that you do not play D&D because that seems to be one of the draws of the game. I have watched them play at my FLGS and in an hour have moved about 3 feet (scale) though their dungeon...and they all love it. Now if you were talking about people who would like to play D&D but can't get into it because they do not have the time commitment...then that is something different but those folks usually are not lurking on the D&d forums.
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:09 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
GL you would be surprised at how many D&D people already know about our game and choose not to play it because its "not D&D"

As far as the other comment that was made about them wanting to play a "quicker game" because they don't have time for a long drawn out crawl...I would venture to guess that you do not play D&D because that seems to be one of the draws of the game. I have watched them play at my FLGS and in an hour have moved about 3 feet (scale) though their dungeon...and they all love it. Now if you were talking about people who would like to play D&D but can't get into it because they do not have the time commitment...then that is something different but those folks usually are not lurking on the D&d forums.
No I don't, actually. I know very little about D&D to be honest, so if the length is actually a draw to the game I'm afraid my point doesn't hold much weight now does it...

I think I might be on to something about the number of players, though. From what I hear, in D&D one player is the dungeon master and the other players work their way through the dungeon. It would seem a bit awkward with only two players, then, while two player 'Scape is considered standard. Considering we're dealing with socially awkward geeks here, having a game that works well with only two players may have an appeal. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm working with a limited knowledge of D&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion