Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Empire: Total War

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Sorry 'bout the thread-o-mancy, but what, exactly, is steam? I really want to ge this game, but I dont want to have to buy any other programs just so it will run on my PC.

STEAM http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Some people have issues with STEAM, but I've never had one. It's a great service in my opinion and digital game purchases are the way to go in my opinion.
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:
Sorry 'bout the thread-o-mancy, but what, exactly, is steam? I really want to ge this game, but I dont want to have to buy any other programs just so it will run on my PC.

Some people have issues with STEAM, but I've never had one. It's a great service in my opinion and digital game purchases are the way to go in my opinion.
Okay, thanks. I am trying to downlaod the game Demo, I already have Steam installed, but every time I try to get the demo, a box pops up and tells me steam is already running.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay, thanks. I am trying to downlaod the game Demo, I already have Steam installed, but every time I try to get the demo, a box pops up and tells me steam is already running.
Right-click on your STEAM icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and hit exit. Then start STEAM up again.

How are you trying to access the demo? Through a desktop icon or through your "My Games" list via the STEAM interface?
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right-click on your STEAM icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and hit exit. Then start STEAM up again.

How are you trying to access the demo? Through a desktop icon or through your "My Games" list via the STEAM interface?
I went to the Empire total war website, and found this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10620/?l=english

Also, when I click the steam icon on my desktop it gives me the "already running" message.

Need miniatures painted?

Old December 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Once you install the demo, it should be in your "My Games" list in your STEAM account. I would exit out of STEAM and restart it.

Go to the My Games tab/list and you should see the Demo. It's either installing or done. If it's done, high-light it and click launch.

You can also try going to Task Manager via hitting ctrl-alt-delete and finding the STEAM process and ending it if you feel comfortable doing that?
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Needs Reassurance

Okay, I just restarted my computer, and I am in the process of creating my account.

Edit: Steam working...steam working...

Need miniatures painted?

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:01 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I would need a Steam account to download the demo?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Needs Reassurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Yep. But you will need to have a nice, fast internet connection, or else it may take up to 24 hours for it to downlaod.

Need miniatures painted?

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Yep. But you will need to have a nice, fast internet connection, or else it may take up to 24 hours for it to downlaod.
I have a pretty fast internet connection, but a slow computer. Is the speed of my computer gonna effect the download time?

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No. Download speed is only affected by your internet connection unless you computer is extremely old.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
No. Download speed is only affected by your internet connection unless you computer is extremely old.
Good. I'll see if I can't git'er done.

Edit:
Quote:
Estimated download time: 2 hours 18 minutes
Eh, I'm worth it.

Last edited by 'Scaper94; January 10th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games