Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:36 AM

felnar is surprisingly tart
Re: Switching Figures while Moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
OK, I'm not sure I understand, but I think the answer is "there is no time it could be necessary."
It could affect the 10th Reg's 'Bayonet Attack 1', because it requires movement. For example, if three 10th Regs are engaged with Ne-Gok-Sa such that they have height on Ne-Gok-Sa and no other hexes adjacent to Ne-Gok-Sa would grant height bonus. If you were allowed to use part of a figures movement, move another figure, then use the rest of the first figure's movement then in my example all three 10th Reg's would get to use 'Bayonet Attack'. If it wasn't allowed, only two of the 10th Reg could maintain height advantage AND use 'Bayonet Attack'.

Another case it might matter is when you want to switch the figures on two hexes (maybe as GreenLanturn said, when one figure is better at hiding).

(if that doesn't make sense, I could make a graphic for my example)
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by felnar View Post
Quote:
OK, I'm not sure I understand, but I think the answer is "there is no time it could be necessary."
It could affect the 10th Reg's 'Bayonet Attack 1', because it requires movement. For example, if three 10th Regs are engaged with Ne-Gok-Sa such that they have height on Ne-Gok-Sa and no other hexes adjacent to Ne-Gok-Sa would grant height bonus. If you were allowed to use part of a figures movement, move another figure, then use the rest of the first figure's movement then in my example all three 10th Reg's would get to use 'Bayonet Attack'. If it wasn't allowed, only two of the 10th Reg could maintain height advantage AND use 'Bayonet Attack'.

Another case it might matter is when you want to switch the figures on two hexes (maybe as GreenLanturn said, when one figure is better at hiding).
Tah, felnar, you be right. Except that in your first example that means one of your 10th has to leave engagement.

I'm not absolutely poeitive about this rule, but I am about that one. If you move out of engagement and then back into engagement with the same target you have left engagement and the target can take a leaving engagement attack.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tah, felnar, you be right. Except that in your first example that means one of your 10th has to leave engagement.

I'm not absolutely poeitive about this rule, but I am about that one. If you move out of engagement and then back into engagement with the same target you have left engagement and the target can take a leaving engagement attack.
I don't think they have to leave engagement---imagine the first one to move circling around Ne-Gok-Sa and the other two shuffling along by one hex. I think they have just about enough move to achieve this. (This still leaves the problem of it being illegal though.)
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
On a similar topic, is it allowed to use the same figure as two different squad members? This sounds really complicated, but it's really not.

One Izumi Samurai is six hexes in front of the other. Can I take the one in back and move it six hexes to where the other one is, then move it another six? It really doesn't matter, because if it isn't allowed I can just move the front one first, but sometimes I think it's easier to just keep using the same guy.

Also, can you switch figures of the same squad?

Example 1: The Yellow/Tan/Whitish Tarn Viking Warrior wants to go under a bridge that he is allowed to go under because of his height, but the fact that he is holding his sword straight up in the air prevents him from doing so. Can I switch him with the Blue Tarn Viking Warrior whose sculpt is not so high and move him under?

Example 2: Say I'm playing Zombies. I'm particularly fond of the one with the club. Every time one of the zombies with a club is destroyed, I remove it from the board, but then replace a different zombie with it. Is this allowed?

Example 3: I have only three Airborne Elite left. The short one died already. If another one runs behind an object that doesn't fully conceal his head, can I switch that figure with the short one so he is concealed? If I can do that, can I switch the figure back to shoot, and then back to the short one to hide?

Of all of these, the only one I've actually seen done is example two. I'm not sure what I would do with example 1, but I don't think I would allow example 3.
1) No
2) No
3) No
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
On a similar topic, is it allowed to use the same figure as two different squad members?
Consider the question this way, Tai-Pan. I really like the squatting A.E. figure because he presents such a smaller hit zone and is a lot easier to hide behind trees and such. Therefore, whenever I lose that figure, I put it back on the board in place of one of the other A.E.'s. Is this fair? Is this allowed?

Of course, the answer to both questions is, "No."

However, in a casual game, most people will allow the substitution of many figures (like your zombie illustration). But technically, it's not allowed.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
I don't think they have to leave engagement--
And from THIS thread I learn to never say never to a Heroscape fan.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think they have to leave engagement--
And from THIS thread I learn to never say never to a Heroscape fan.
And there I was thinking my post was entirely unproductive.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I don't think they have to leave engagement---imagine the first one to move circling around Ne-Gok-Sa and the other two shuffling along by one hex. I think they have just about enough move to achieve this. (This still leaves the problem of it being illegal though.)
could you site your source for it's illegality?
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
could you site your source for it's illegality?
How about page 8 of the SotM Rulebook?
You move each squad figure up to the number of hexes allowed, one at a time.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
How about page 8 of the SotM Rulebook?
You move each squad figure up to the number of hexes allowed, one at a time.
I still fail to see how my example above definitely breaks any of those 3 rules. No figure moves more than it's move number, no figures move simultaneously, and no figures pass through others. Or am I missing something?

I believe the second rule, "Move squad figures in any order, one at a time.", is vague and could be read either way. And I ask the question because to me it is vague. I'd like this cleared up by either a ruling from the game designers or a consensus ruling by the Heroscape community.

Personally, I think the best ruling (for simplicity of order of operations)would be yours (ie. finish a squad members move for the turn before moving the next squad member). I also believe the 10th Reg should simply have 'Melee Attack 1' or wording about not starting adjacent, instead of wording about moving at least one space. But, I'll leave such decisions up to the game designers.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:19 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"Move squad figures in any order, one at a time.",

what part of the above statement is vague?
What other way could it be read?

Tree Town Open

Albert Lea MN
Saturday - October 19, 2019
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:57 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart

for the Izumi samurai, no. Technically you'd be giving that one samurai 12 move. Not only that, but the hitzones of the current position would be altered.

Ex 1: No the tarn wiking warrior can not go under the bridge. If you wanted the other tarn warrior to go under, you should've planned that earlier!

Ex 2: Do you mean every time you have a club zombie killed, you just take the zombie in the HUG position and swap them out? No, you would be in violation of the hitzones again. Because, if a ranged figure had wiew of the HUG zombie, but now that you changed it to club zombie, he doesn't have view anymore. (I know the zombies hitzones are only the head, but you get my point)

Ex 3: NO! That is plain out cheating. If I could do that, I'd never lose.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's