Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:15 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Figure Durability

I recently lucked out and found 2 packs from wave #3 and one pack from wave #8 When I opened them I noticed that they all felt different. This may sound confusing I know, but upon further inspection I found that the earlier figures were MUCH harder to bend, considering that they are only plastic figures. Specifically I found that the wings on the Kyrie (from wave #3) were much stronger than those on Thuracus.

Has anyone else found this?

It frustrated me that such a thing would change over the time a game has been around and it damages the longevity of the figures themselves. Not that they are put through intense conditions, I think the worst thing i do to my figures is put them in the same box.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:22 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker
Re: Figure Durability

Are you trying to say that they use more flexible plastic now?
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:59 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Are you trying to say that they use more flexible plastic now?
Yes. I much prefer the very solid and rigid figures opposed to the easily bent and misshapen figures. Also take the 4th Mass compared to the 10th foot; the 10th's is much more flexible than the 4th's.

At least thats what my conclusion is.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:42 AM

Krrypt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

On top of that, I believe that earlier figures were much more detailed in painting. Compare an early (2004-05) Sgt. Drake to a current one. This=sadness

Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Yes, this has been noted:

Wave 8 - Shaving costs for saving cash

Fragile/aka weak newcomers

A Baboon and Bends
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

You can get some clear epoxy resin, preferably that can be thinned, and you can airbrush it onto your figures for added durability, if it's a huge concern.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I've wondered if the change was not due to the banning of phthalates in plastics (a hardener) by the European Union.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One thing I really was unhappy about was the Ashigaru Yari's spears and the Templar Cavalry spears. Both are so fragile.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
One thing I really was unhappy about was the Ashigaru Yari's spears and the Templar Cavalry spears. Both are so fragile.
I actually think perhaps that is in figure design and not necessarily the material used.

The only problem I've ever had to fix (outside of a little bending, such as Jotun's sword) is one of my Ashigaru spears broke. I put a little welding glue on it, threw it in the freezer for a bit, and now it's good as new. Better actually, it hasn't broken again.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I've put epoxy on the knight's lances specifically for that reason - it hardened them and made them more durable.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

A change in plastics was ineveitable due to rising oil prices is basically all that has to be said about the differences in the figures. Which asks the question on whether the next reproduction of figures will be of that different plastic? Having some very bendy Knights of Weston next to older ones that are very sturdy could be a slightly annoying thing.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
A change in plastics was ineveitable due to rising oil prices is basically all that has to be said about the differences in the figures. Which asks the question on whether the next reproduction of figures will be of that different plastic? Having some very bendy Knights of Weston next to older ones that are very sturdy could be a slightly annoying thing.

R~
The remakes could be annoying if they are beny, I agree. All we can do is hope i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I've put epoxy on the knight's lances specifically for that reason - it hardened them and made them more durable.
I'll have to try some of that, I've never used it before. Can you find it in a spray can or does it just come as a paste in a bottle? How long do you think you should let something like this sit?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion