Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Just ask the DnD community.

Quote:
If you're asking about the D&D skirmish game, that was a tactical minis combat game, just like Heroscape. It wasn't an RPG at all and didn't involve a DM or storytelling in any way, as far as I know.
Yes-- I played it a little, and this seems accurate to me. Some of the game mechanics were similar to Heroscape, but with hundreds of figs to choose from many of the synergies were crazy complicated. That part of the game seemed like Heroscape on steroids. The art on the paper playing maps looks pretty cool, but they seem really flimsy compared to Heroscape tiles.

WOTC did an entire DDM rule/ fig card rewrite a little while ago, and the decided to stop supporting the minis game about a year after that (which REALLY ticked off a lot of people, from what I've read). They then decided to continue producing minis without supporting the mini game end of it (since many D&Ders just used the minis for the RPG game and not the mini game). A volunteer group continues to support the minis game while WOTC continues to produce minis w/o official game support.
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:29 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Well this is a bit off-topic, but we already are way off anyway.

After discussing with Ivellius some in a few PMs, I got to be interested in some ind of combination of Heroscape and a story-driven d20 game. I don't know very much about 20 games, but I hit a creative explosion and spent nearly three hours writing (and rewriting) some basic kinds of rules for a possibly story-driven way to play Heroscape. I posted the basic rundown here, if any of you are interested.

Back on-topic in this off-topic discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
Yes-- I played it a little, and this seems accurate to me. Some of the game mechanics were similar to Heroscape, but with hundreds of figs to choose from many of the synergies were crazy complicated. That part of the game seemed like Heroscape on steroids. The art on the paper playing maps looks pretty cool, but they seem really flimsy compared to Heroscape tiles.
What exactly were the maps? Just large paper mats that you sit your figures on?

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

"Someone, somewhere, is torturing babies with an army of Marro Stingers."
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness

^Yup.

I played it once several years ago. I always found finding line of sight interesting, considering how the walls weren't actually there.

Nukatha is Acolarh...
in THE BLUEST OF ALL BLUE CAVES
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:37 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

I always just used the figures for my tabletop RPG.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM

jotun7 Woo who?

I think they should make a star wars and pokemon figures, maybe fire emblem, but, most likely, this would all stink.

"For HIS honor and glory!"
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:42 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
I think they should make a star wars and pokemon figures, maybe fire emblem, but, most likely, this would all stink.
Never going to happen. You want Star Was, hop on over to the custom figures sectin, ther's a lot of SW customs.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

"Someone, somewhere, is torturing babies with an army of Marro Stingers."
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

People bring up pokemon just to attack the new set.Classic has orcs so why not some fairy units in classic Yeah why not! that sounds good how about some pig units too pigs kill people every year.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion