Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old January 4th, 2009, 03:16 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Ticalla/Aquilla's Alliance Stocking

I have a couple questions about these 2.

I've seen Jungle sets everywhere I look for scape (Except Wal Mart), but I've never seen an Aquilla's Alliance box. I thought someone said they shipped together in one of the various "No uniqes in waves/Only Uniqes in MS" threads (which I agree with). Why can't I find the Aquilla's Alliance packs in FLAGS?

Has anyone seen a Wal Mart that carries Tile Expansions?
I haven't.

I have noticed that the Jungle sets don't have any terrain in them other than the trees and bushes; whereas, RttFF has road to compliment, and TT has Ice/Snow. Yet they cost the same (spare me the losing money part of this). Is TJ worth it (as far as the game play)?

I kinda feel like I'm gonna get a whole crop of reasons to buy some TJ, and I'm already half way to buying 3 sets of it (I feel like 3 is good). Would anyone recomend buying less than 3 TJ? I feel like 3 sets might be hard to fit on a board and have enough space to actually play, because you don't get any extra tile to move around on.

How is storage for TJ? I've heard some people have problems with it.

I'll throw in a more general question just so I don't have to start a new thread for it.

I would like to know how many of each Tile Expansion would go good with 1 of each MS (1 RotV and 1 SotM); this is how much I have not counting my Tile Expansions. I'm looking for an estimate on all the sets individually (Castle, TT, etc...)

For example: I think 3 RttFF does well on 1 RotV and 1 SotM. any more than that would leave many of the pieces unused.

I bolded the basic questions.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; January 4th, 2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: I is grammar talanted!
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ticalla/Aquilla's Alliance Stocking

I feel the ideal range for TJ is about 2 to 4 sets... in relation to the rest of your collection. Obviously if your a terrain nut and have tons of master sets you might be interested in more, but if you only have 1 to 4 master sets 2 to 4 is the ideal range.

I have 4 TJ, and I definatly see no need to have more...

The bush/trees from my 4 jungles takes up the same space, if not more, than just the trees (no roads) from my 6 forest sets.

Start with 2, and buy more later...
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

It is DEFINITELY worth it. Honestly, I can't imagine building a large map without it. It really helps tip the scale towards melee units in the melee vs. range conflict.

I have 2 sets, and it works well for the amount of scape that I have. Two sets is really ideal for the average scaper. If you have a collection that is larger than the average scaper, I'd go with 3-4.

As for storage, I do have an issue with storing it, because I've tried just storing them in several plastic bags, but then it takes up a lot of room in my storage bin. Also, when you're trying to minimize space, you can't try to cram them in because they're very fragile, and I've already lost a few leaves/grass here and there on a few of my brush pieces because of it.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think two would be enough. I've got four jungle sets and 12 MS to put them on ($12 amazon Sotm and $10 target RotV was too good to pass) and I almost always have bushes left over.

2 sets would be 18 spaces occupied by jungle, and since the figs only need to be standing next to them and not behind them they'll really do their job. If you place 1 tree from the Forgotten Forest set in the middle of a map you need to be behind it in a certain angle for it to protect you and even then your opponent can normally move around to see you from a different POV. With the jungle though you can put 6 guys around that tree and they could each get the benefit of +1 defense.

It's easy to think that you'll need a lot more jungle than you do, because when you think of jungle you probably think of it being really dense and the RTFF set usually takes a couple to get LoS blocked properly. Ticalla Jungle could change a map with 3 pieces of shrub.

Answers to Other Questions
The only reasons I'd say you'd want more than two with only two MS is for the aesthetic factor or if you want more spiders(a good enough reason for me). I hope this helps you a bit. I'll try to answer your other questions.

Three jungles on one map will be a bit crowded but you'll have space to move and play on and would still be very enjoyable.

Walmart.com is the only place I've seen the Ticalla Jungle set.

Ticalla Jungle has only the 9 jungle pieces with hex bases and the squad of spiders. The jungle is the most detailed and intricate piece of terrain in the heroscape realm and I think it is worth the price to buy one set just for the looks. The new element of gameplay it adds is great as well, firing at opponent through jungle shrubs as they zig-zag back and forth across the board to end their turns by a jungle piece for extra defense.

Well I store My jungle pieces on a shelf so I've got no trouble there. I've damged one piece of my Jungle and it was the first one I removed from packaging. Being the most intricate in design also makes it the most delicate. Putting it up may need a little extra care, but putting it on top of the other pieces in a storage tub should do fine.

I've never used more than three RTFF sets with a single master set, so that's a good number. I'd say 2 Tundra sets, and 2 Ticalla Jungle. The only problem with this for me is that I'd want more snowmen and spiders.

Sorry for the length of this, hope it helps.
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:01 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

My Wal-Mart up here in Wisconsin is still stocking heroscape small expansions.

Alderaan shot first
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I've got about 5 RotV and 1 SotM but I've found that 2 TJ is enough.

I store all the tiles in the original boxes plus 1 expansion (such as VW or TT). I just take the tops off the trees and put both sets in my SotM box with the terrain. Its a tight fit if you don't get it all in there just right but it works well enough.

It's also my favorite looking terrain type...if only the bases weren't swamp.
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I also feel that 2 TJ is the minimum you need to truly enjoy the expansion. I have 3 and I honestly wouldn't buy another...(well maybe I would if there was a good clearance price ).

Like KCU Master 2007, I store my TJ in their original boxes. They fit nicely that way.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

So I picked up 3 TJ today. I don't have any war stories for it yet, but it does look really nice; it's a ton thicker than I expected, and fills out the map really well.

I still can't find an Aquilla's Alliance near me.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

It seems that 1 TJ for each MS works well. I played on a map with one MS and 2 TJ and it was hard to find all the figures on the board.
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I have 3 RotV, 2 SotM & 2 Marvel but only one TJ...I would get a 2nd one mostly for the Spiders, but I think I have almost enough brush & bushes for most maps with just 1 TJ.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:14 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
So I picked up 3 TJ today. I don't have any war stories for it yet, but it does look really nice; it's a ton thicker than I expected, and fills out the map really well.

I still can't find an Aquilla's Alliance near me.
Nice, GreenLanturn!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales