Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #13  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Sokol's Avatar
Sokol Sokol is offline
 
Join Date: April 13, 2008
Location: USA - MI - Ann Arbor
Posts: 908
Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker
Re: Figure Durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
One thing I really was unhappy about was the Ashigaru Yari's spears and the Templar Cavalry spears. Both are so fragile.
Yes! I let my children play with all of my Heroscape figures EXCEPT my Ashigaru Yari and the Templar Cavalry for this very reason.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
The B.I.V.'s Avatar
The B.I.V. The B.I.V. is offline
Spandau Ballet Fanboy
 
Join Date: December 3, 2007
Location: Centerville, Utah
Posts: 3,007
Images: 71
Blog Entries: 10
The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Figure Durability

I think they did the AshigaruYari this way on purpose and I'm glad they did. Can you imagine how easily they'd break if they were made of harder plastic?! This way, they bend instead of break and I'm all for that...

'Course I can see your point between the blue and red coats...

Actuallly after looking at them a little closer, the 10th are more bendy because they have bayonets. If they were made out of the same plastic as the 4th, the little bayonets would probably snap off...Look at the Ashigaru Harquebus. They're as solid as the 4th and they were only one wave ago. I think the 10th were purposely constructed of the bendier stuff to keep them from breaking, too.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; October 23rd, 2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Changed my friggin' mind!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
MI_Tiger's Avatar
MI_Tiger MI_Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: May 3, 2007
Location: MI - Sterling Heights
Posts: 604
MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Figure Durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I've put epoxy on the knight's lances specifically for that reason - it hardened them and made them more durable.
That's a good idea. Sir Gilbert's flag is close to breaking (due to my careless storage, not any fault with the plastic) and I've been wondering how to strengthen it - some epoxy might just do the trick.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
CheddarLimbo's Avatar
CheddarLimbo CheddarLimbo is offline
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!
 
Join Date: July 22, 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,119
Blog Entries: 6
CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Figure Durability

I think the next Wave's figures are going to be made out of Jell-o, so get used to disappointment you guys.


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Sokol's Avatar
Sokol Sokol is offline
 
Join Date: April 13, 2008
Location: USA - MI - Ann Arbor
Posts: 908
Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker
Re: Figure Durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I think the next Wave's figures are going to be made out of Jell-o, so get used to disappointment you guys.
Mmmm, Jell-o. I just ate your Moon Tribe Kyrie.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
GreenLanturn's Avatar
GreenLanturn GreenLanturn is offline
 
Join Date: October 17, 2008
Location: USA - MN - Plymouth
Posts: 1,250
GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Figure Durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I think they did the AshigaruYari this way on purpose and I'm glad they did. Can you imagine how easily they'd break if they were made of harder plastic?! This way, they bend instead of break and I'm all for that...

'Course I can see your point between the blue and red coats...

Brandon
If they did do that with just some of the figures I think it was a poor choice. I could find many figures with parts just as thin that were unbendable. Just to name a few: Otonashi (sword in the air), Einar Imperium (all the swords), Heavy Grunts (pole arms), some of the Tan Vikings (not all have small extremities), Tagawa Archers (bows)... only to name a few.

The Einar's wings are another set of wings that snap right back to where they were if you bend them a bit out of place, unlike some of the newer figures who's molds will slowly shift back into place after 5-10 seconds and even then not entirely. I think the reason the Yari snap back is because they are so thin; however, many of my Yari (6 of the 8 i have) will not bend back to where they were originally. I have to sit and fuss with them to get close.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
SuperflyTNT's Avatar
SuperflyTNT SuperflyTNT is offline
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality
 
Join Date: August 7, 2008
Location: At the Superfly Circus, of course!
Posts: 5,123
Images: 20
Blog Entries: 10
SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Figure Durability

You can get 2-part 5 minute epoxy from just about any store in america - it comes in a little 4" long 2-part tube. The easiest way to do this is to get a cupcake-cup liner paper and squeeze 2 equal parts of the resin/hardener into the cup, and use a toothpick to stir until it becomes 'hazy'. From there you can brush it on (LIGHT COAT) with a number of things, but I prefer to use a matchstick or toothpick for the non-linting factor.

Once it's all glossy it's coated. DO THIS FAST. Let it set for an hour and it'll be pretty much non-tacky. Take a whiff and if it smells like burning meth it's a little wet still. (sidenote: Anyone ever wanted to know what meth smells like when it's being used by a fiend, that's the smell.)

If you let it set overnight it will, for sure, be cured and good to go. If you are "resining" a white colored object then forego the 5-minute stuff as it tends to turn an opaque amber colour. Just a bit amber, but enough to make white objects look like they've sat in a smoker's house for a month, permanently.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Sokol's Avatar
Sokol Sokol is offline
 
Join Date: April 13, 2008
Location: USA - MI - Ann Arbor
Posts: 908
Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker
Re: Figure Durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post

If they did do that with just some of the figures I think it was a poor choice. I could find many figures with parts just as thin that were unbendable. Just to name a few: Otonashi (sword in the air), Einar Imperium (all the swords), Heavy Grunts (pole arms), some of the Tan Vikings (not all have small extremities), Tagawa Archers (bows)... only to name a few.

The Einar's wings are another set of wings that snap right back to where they were if you bend them a bit out of place, unlike some of the newer figures who's molds will slowly shift back into place after 5-10 seconds and even then not entirely. I think the reason the Yari snap back is because they are so thin; however, many of my Yari (6 of the 8 i have) will not bend back to where they were originally. I have to sit and fuss with them to get close.
The Tan Vikings row all the way down from Norway to raid Caribbean villages, then hang out on the beach awhile.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Figure danielaf Competitive Armies Discussion 8 June 23rd, 2008 10:59 PM
More than 1 figure? Kameleon Official Rules & FAQ's 8 February 5th, 2008 01:03 PM
Figure Re-basing jcb231 Marvel Discussion 11 August 10th, 2007 12:55 AM
Does anyone know this figure? Filbey Custom Units & Army Cards 2 November 18th, 2006 10:17 AM
Does somebody have figure in 3d Zzzzz Software 10 September 13th, 2006 09:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.